One unhappy mama. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 07-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so sorry your doc let you down, but happy you'll have a doula who can help you stay home through early labor so you show up without time for them to push you around too much!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 07-25-2009, 03:12 PM

DDC crashing here.

I am hoping you get your vba2c. The truth about success rates and rupture rates is that they are not very different from vbac; what you were told previously about chances not being good was a lie. You can do this!!! The odds are in your favor is the drs just leave you alone. Contact ICAN for support if you need it.

Things that helped me: no VEs till I was demanding pain relief (why let them put me on a clock and risk infection?); I avoided epidural; stayed upright and walked and walked and walked some more through labor; I ate soup in early labor when I was hungry; I stayed hydrated; I walked some more. I DIDN'T look at the clock. I consented to the CEFM b/c telemetry was available and I could stay mobile. My birth plan was short and sweet; I brought cookies for the nurses.

Good luck and easy labor!!

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#33 of 47 Old 07-25-2009, 04:13 PM

Good Luck momma!! YOu can do this!

Remember to use your Doula and CALL Her as soon as you think you are in labor. You will get your VBAC.

The Hospital cannot make you have a c-section. you have rights and you can refuse a c-section.

you can do this!
#34 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

I had an appt yesterday with my doc and while he had stated in the past that I could labor before doing a C-section, he now states my ONLY option is a C-section. He meant I could labor before they cut me open. Why in the hell would I want to labor without getting to the result of a vaginal birth??

I do not want to see my doctor anymore. I do not trust him. I am 39 weeks 1 day today and am scared out of my mind!! I will fight for my VBAC but it doesn't mean I don't feel overwhelmed, frightened and just completely lost.

My husband and doula came to the appt yesterday and it got pretty heated between my husband and the doctor. I am so grateful I have my husband completely behind me on doing a VBAC. I also have an AWESOME doula. I am worried about what happens if I just DON'T go into labor and what I do if I can't find another doctor. The risks of inducing me are too high and I don't want a sped up labor from inducing drugs. I don't know what to do. I have called around and all are saying they recommend a C-section. My doctor did say he has some ideas of places- one close to me and one about an hour and a half away. He is calling me back this afternoon.

I am also worried about if I go into labor without having another doctor. I don't want that doctor NEAR me or my baby. Let's just say I am scared out of my mind at the uncertainty of it all! I will be filing a big, fat complaint at the end of all this and the situation that ass put me in. I feel like crying. I want to curl up in a ball and have it all be over with and that's not how I should feel about my birth experience.
#35 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:29 PM

I am SO sorry Have you re-thought about maybe trying out the CNMs? If you don't want to, I completely understand. I wish I could wave a magic wand and 'fix' this for you!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#36 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

CNM's won't take me on this late and with all of my past history. I am considered really high risk and a liability. That's always fun to hear. The ones in that city won't work because of some insurance stuff. I may be headed an hour away- not sure.
#37 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM

*sigh* Good luck finding someone else! Honestly, if it were me I would really think about a UC at this point... transferring only if there was something really wrong. Of course, I am planning a UC anyhow, so... not a big leap for me

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#38 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolmama View Post
Why in the hell would I want to labor without getting to the result of a vaginal birth??
My MW told me that just by having the baby massaged by contractions by going through labor even if it ends in a Csection has tons of benefits for the baby. Including boosting some receptor levels, better ability to breathe, and lots of others I cant remember right now.

Happily married 1 year. our first born Sept 28th. : , :, :, , :.
#39 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Really? Wow...
#40 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbi View Post
My MW told me that just by having the baby massaged by contractions by going through labor even if it ends in a Csection has tons of benefits for the baby. Including boosting some receptor levels, better ability to breathe, and lots of others I cant remember right now.
YES, this is all true (sorry to DDC crash!). Letting your body go into labor naturally will send all the right hormones to baby, will mean baby is truly ready to be born, and will get your body better prepared for the post partum recovery. Even if you have a planned c-section, it's always better (as long as it's safe) to go into spontaneous labor first.

I hope you find an answer that's best for you!!!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#41 of 47 Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I really hope you can find a solution that works for you. I can't imagine having to deal with all this so late in your pregnancy...that must suck! I am thinking about you.
#42 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry that this is happening. How crappy of your ob. The least he could have done was tell you the truth near the beginning of the pregnancy. It would burn my butt if he got a fat check for my c-section for being such a jerk.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#43 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you mamas for all the kind thoughts!

I am still feeling quite overwhelmed but am trying to take one day at a time and not stress too much about it.

I feel like I can't tell anyone IRL about what we are planning because it's a bit nuts. My husband and I have researched at great length our rights in this and plan to refuse a C-section up until 42 weeks. He has not been able to find another doctor who will VBAC me and he is not allowed to drop my care. So, I am still going for my weekly checkups and they have started doing NST's just to monitor baby's heart. Everything is fine- baby is healthy and I plan to continue to refuse C-section and see if my body will go into labor. I will be 40 weeks on Monday and PRAYING that baby boy comes out before 42 weeks and that he stays happy, healthy and thriving in my uterus.

My doctor CAN refuse to deliver me vaginally once I arrive at the hospital laboring however the hospital CANNOT refuse me A doctor to deliver me. It's a scary situation to be in as far as the uncertainty of doctor however I feel that I am making the right decision for myself and my baby. I will not be forced to be cut open. I will listen to my body. If, at any point, it becomes dangerous to my baby, then I will consider a section. That is my last option.

Being confident in my decision does not mean that this is not hard still. I hate having to go to my doctors office and be seen as 'the uncooperative patient.' It seems as if the whole office is now aware of the situation(especially because no one has ever refused a section before)and comments keep being made.
"When are you having your C-section?" "I am not having a C-section, I am VBACing."

The responses I get when this comes up from other midwifes, nurses, even the fricking receptionist are ridiculous. I am so ready to be done with going there. Some BIG complaints are in the works for after this baby is born.

Anyway, enough babbling. Just wanted to give the most recent update. If you pray, please do so for our family. We still have quite the battle ahead of us!
#44 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

I just got an appt. with the high risk doctor that lives an hour away. I have been told he is the ONLY one that would possibly take on my case. Unfortunately, he had NO openings until next Thursday- 3 days past my due date. If I haven't gone into labor by then- I hope he takes me!!!!
#45 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 03:25 PM

#46 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 PM

... sounds like you have a plan!! I send you energy to make it across your finish line and get the birth you want! : GOOD LUCK!!!

#47 of 47 Old 07-30-2009, 07:06 PM

good luck mama. i definitely know the stress of facing an unwanted c-section and i'm thinking of you as you fight this fight for you, your baby and your family.

ashley medschool mamasuperhero.gif, married to my sweetiejammin.gif , mama to edie q born 07/09carrot.gif and "bean #2" due 12/12 bellycast.gif, loving our life!joy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page