Mothering Forum banner

illogical but need reassurance

724 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  naupakamama 
#1 ·
DS came at 37 weeks after water spontaneously broke and was born two hours later, big and healthy. Also, was dilated and effaced weeks before he came.
Now I am 39 weeks plus 4 days and worried this baby may never arrive. I know this sounds silly, especially since I am not "late." I had a pregnancy in between that ended in fetal demise at 8w3d, but nothing ever happened so I had a D&C at 13w1d.
I am a little effaced, but not dilated, and beginning to question if my womb still knows what to do. Everyday I walk five miles, swim, drink RRLT, take a bath with clary sage, attempt to have relations with DH (although that hasn't been working well lately).
Now I am beginning to stress about whether I have enough fluid, if my placenta is still working, is the baby moving enough, etc. Physically I am still comfortable but I am driving myself crazy.
Has anyone else had a second baby come much later than first and wonder if he/she will ever come?

#2 ·
Don't have advice per se. But, I will say that I am feeling the exact same way. My DD was born a week early and this little bun is now 6 days overdue. I kept my DH up late last night with my worries about my body not working, the baby not safe, etc., etc. I imagine these feelings are pretty normal - at least you are not the only one!

#3 ·
Your body still knows what to do. Each baby is different and each pg is different. Even though there are trends that say each mom's babies come around the same time, or subsequent babies come sooner, there are more than enough examples of 2nd 3rd 4th babies born later.

I think the concerns are normal. I'm also 39w and spent much of last night wondering if this one is moving enough, etc., etc.
As long as you're still having enough movement and doing all the right stuff the baby is just on it's own schedule.

#4 ·
I just want to send you a
All of us who are still pregnant are wondering WHY and if everything is O.K.... reality of course is that we could be pregnant to 42 weeks and be perfectly normal (slaps self for even thinking of it!) LOL!

#6 ·
Im not even pregnant but I saw this in new posts.

I have four children. My first came on his own and perfectly healthy at 39 weeks. My second waited till 41w 6d and also came on her own. My last two came at 40w 2d and 41w 4d. Your body hasn't forgotten, every child is just different.

#7 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience, Jeivere.

Both my DDs came at 40w and I am now 40w 6d so I too am worry endlessly. I also kept my DH last night with my worry and then got mad at him when I felt like he didn't understand how "dangerous" the situation could be
Oh, my sleep-deprived mind in the middle of the night...its hard to reason with or even attempt to reassure! Poor DH.

So hugs to all of us!
Our bodies and our babies know what to do!

#9 ·
Same here. Each one has come later. DS was a preemie at 30 weeks. Then I was happy to get to term with ds #2 who was born 6 days before my due date. Now I am totally confused as to why I am still pregnant 3 days after my due date
I've also been wondering if there's something my body isn't "getting".
I think my friends and family are as impatient as me.
Also with ds #2 there was no signs of impending birth, he hadn't "dropped" or anything and he was born just a couple days after my appointment where the mw seemed to think I would go late. So it can happen fast even if you have no signs.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama_Michelle View Post
I also kept my DH last night with my worry and then got mad at him when I felt like he didn't understand how "dangerous" the situation could be
Oh, my sleep-deprived mind in the middle of the night...its hard to reason with or even attempt to reassure! Poor DH.
I don't mean to laugh, but it is so heartening that I could have written this post completely. I do the same thing to my poor DH who really does try so hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.