Anyone past 41 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im still waiting on my little man to make his grand entrance- im 41 weeks 1 day today. Had acupuncture this morning. Im hoping he comes soon though- I don't want my doctors to begin pushing induction, even though they have been pretty awesome so far. I lost the plus last week- no bloody show though, tried nipple stimulation, doing EPO, walking, spicy foods (just for fun), pretty much everything short of Castor oil. Im at 1.5/2cm (depending on Dr FAT FINGERS) and 80% effaced and I think -1 or a little lower- LOTS of pressure all day every day and tons of Braxton hicks- damn those little jokers. Its so tough to be calm and not think about having this baby asap- Im pretty comfortable still and Im not miserable- despite living in Central FL aka the swamp of America.
I just really am hoping for NCB. On a positive note- I got to sleep all day today! LOL. Anyone else out there who is passing 41 weeks, please tell me I'm not the only one??
#2 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 08:47 PM

I'll be 41 weeks in a few hours when the clock strikes midnight. I've got an acupunture appointment scheduled for tomorrow!

As of Friday I was 3cm and about 50% effaced. I've had my membranes swept twice, tried sex, walking, EPO, drank tons of RRL tea, and even tried black and blue cohosh (my mom was in town last week so the moment I hit 40 weeks we tried to get baby out). It failed and now mom is back in Texas

Good luck to you! It's hard not to get antsy once that EDD comes and goes, no matter how much you tell yourself 42 or 43 weeks is totally normal for some women.

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#3 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow too. I'm trying to strike a balance between waiting for my body to do it's own thing, and giving it gentle nudges! I've been drinking RRL tea throughout the pregnancy, and in the last few days I've tried a little accupressure (by myself), cumin tea, pineapple, sex, and I've even used my breastpump a little. I got almost an ounce of colostrum! I haven't been checked, so I don't know what my cervix is up to. I've been having bouts of preterm labor/intense braxton hicks/and recently a 4 hour false labor, but I've had no other signs that labor will be happening. Ever.

But for the last hour or so I've been feeling a little crampy/back-achy so maybe something will happen tonight. Or in the next 2 weeks.

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
#4 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 PM

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow too. I have tried some gentle nudges but I think I need to start doing more. I might pull out my breastpump tonight. And try some accupressure tonight too. I have a MW appt on thurs and will talk to her about cohosh and getting my membranes swept. Tomorrow I have an u/s so I hope the fluid level looks good, I really don't want to go down that path.

I wanted to be checked last MW appt...so last Wed I was 4 cm, 50% effaced and my cervix was in a good position...I thought I would have gone into labor by now. Since I had my hopes up last week, its making this wait even harder for me.
#5 of 10 Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 PM

*edited* double post
#6 of 10 Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM

41 weeks 4 days here. I've been getting lots of crampy feelings (contractions? I don't know) before bed, and when I wake up, they're gone. We've tried sex, drives on bumpy roads, and I am getting a massage and maybe trying castor oil before the weekend. My mw checked my cervix last appt, and though it is soft, it's not dialated or even moved down.

I am going in for a biophysical profile tomorrow am, to check on baby to make sure everything is ok. I need some good vibes sent, though this has been a really un-eventful (in a good way) pregnancy, it seems like when things are going good, they're bound to go bad fast, so I'm worried.
#7 of 10 Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Crashing from September!

I fear this! Haha. I am so ready to be done, now. I can't imagine going OVER!!!

-Tangy
Mama to Jon (14), Josh (12), Jack (5), Jamison (3), and Jocelyn (9 months)
#8 of 10 Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Miss April! I know how you feel, I am 41w today. I had an u/s and a biophysical profile today. Everything looked good but I had been stressed about it. Sending you lots of good vibes and some labor vibes too! :
#9 of 10 Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM

My midwife offered to sweep my membranes today, but I told her that my biggest fear right now is false labor. I just don't know if I could emotionally handle having several hours of contractions without it leading to the birth! So we decided to postpone. She said the baby sounded great, had lots of variables during her "nst" (she poked and prodded my belly while listening with the doppler!!), and the head is well engaged. So we wait. Some more. Ugh.

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
#10 of 10 Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 AM

I had my membranes swept today. I had a little cramping but so far nothing. I have a NST tomorrow and I will have the MW sweep them again (they do it 3 days in a row). I keep telling myself baby has to come sometime, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page