The In-Laws are Here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH's Mom and Stepdad arrived today from Utah. I guess this was the only week they could both get off of work.... My EDD is this Friday and so far no signs that baby will be making his appearance then. I saw my MW last Thurs and she thought I still had "at least one to two more weeks" based on a few different things. I know that there is nothing I can do to make this LO come at a certain time, and I don't want to. But I do feel a weird sense of pressure to have a baby while they're here. I don't know why I can't totally dismiss this feeling. It's not my fault they didn't plan to come in August. I don't know what I am getting at here..... I just had to get it out somewhere and this is the best place I could think of.

I almost feel like wishing that baby doesn't come til after they leave just to teach them a lesson about trip planning..ha ha ha. That sounds sorta evil, doesn't it?

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedEarthMother View Post
It's not my fault they didn't plan to come in August. I don't know what I am getting at here..... I just had to get it out somewhere and this is the best place I could think of.

I almost feel like wishing that baby doesn't come til after they leave just to teach them a lesson about trip planning..ha ha ha. That sounds sorta evil, doesn't it?
Not evil at all-lol I would be the same way, esp if I suggested they come later

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#3 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM

yeah.... that is kind of rude actually that they came before your due date even! Early august would have been so much better. Anyhow ... sorry you feel pressured!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#4 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 AM

I had something similar happen with my last baby. My BIL and SIL were here during my last few weeks of pregnancy (although not staying with us!) and everyone was all "Aren't you going to have the baby? Come on! We want to see the baby!" They were just teasing, but I totally get that 'pressue' you are talking about.

Ends up I had the baby the morning they were leaving. They stopped by the hospital on their way to the airport!

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#5 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 AM

I hope your little one wait until the ILs are gone to make his appearance.

My ILs are here too, so I feel your pain.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#6 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Luckily the in-laws are staying at hotel. But we have been spending our days with them and the whole time it's "When do you think that baby will come?" and "He better get here soon.": Geesh... Like there is anything I can do about it. I have started doing some acupressure to help get things going. I feel ok about it b/c I know that if baby is not ready it won't work. I really just want my baby to come when he wants to.

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page