Anyone here still pregnant and planning a UC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ask because, although we have a midwife, she is a DEM and not licensed and thus does not have OB backup. I am wondering what you plan on doing if you go way over dates - like 43-44 weeks? I am pretty confident this baby will be here soon, but I do have a slight worry about going really far past my EDD. I was shadowing care with a hospital based group of midwives until I was 34 weeks, but I know that they will NOT induce a VBAC and if I were to contact them for going that far post-dates they would want to section me immediately.

I know there are lots of *natural* induction methods to try before thinking about all this, but I was just curious as to what others are thinking...

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 AM

yeah, I am. My first thing would be acupuncture I think. I have heard of a lot of women who went to the acupuncturist and were in labor that day. So... that is my plan if I am far overdue. After that probably castor oil... though that thought does NOT thrill me.

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#3 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 01:52 AM

I am I would def try the accupunture, and stripping membranes. There was an overdue mama who did this over on the UC board pretty recently. I do not know all of the natural induction methods, but there are several to look into

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#4 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM

hmm not sure. I'd just tried to see an accupuncturist on Friday and she said she wasn't comfortable because I didn't have a midwife/doctor. I could try b&b cohosh again although that hasn't done anything for me this time around. Neither has castor oil.:

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#5 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM

how frustrating the castor oil didnt work!! ick!
Im not "planning" a UC, but seeing as my MW needs like an hour notice and I have no ide ahow fast my body "does things" I'm prepared for the possibility- and I think dh secretly wants a UC.
The only things I can think of are the castor oil and b&B cohosh-and stripping membranes...

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#6 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM

You can do acupressure on your own. It works the same way that acupuncture does, you just use pressure with your fingers on the points instead of having needles inserted. There are lots of websites that tell you how to find the points to work to induce labor.

Also, having lots of sex will help!!

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page