Who else is over 40 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 108 Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think there are a few of us. I'm so ready for this baby to be born!! This week would REALLY be ideal since my husband has to go out of town for a week in early August and I'd like to be used to our routine with my 2 y.o. and the baby and I'm just SO READY. I'm getting kind of emotional and hormonal... trying to be patient. It's hard when there is nothing to do but care for my DD and just WAIT for this babe to be born.
#2 of 108 Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM

I am. I'm totally ready but the part that bothers me now is having to redo the GBS test today, schedule another ultrasound for friday.... and of course my MW said if I'm back in her office next week we get to start talking inductions! YAY!

Baby, it's time to come out!!

I have a toddler! 7/27/09
#3 of 108 Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hey- we have the same due date and both live in the twin cities
#4 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 AM

I'm another 19th mama! Strange... I am a little peeved to be past my due date. This baby has been riding so low 24/7, I lost my mucus plug/had bloody show 10 days ago now, I have had 2 nights where I definitely thought I was in labor. I am soooo tired. My dds came at 42+5 and 41+4 so I am not totally surprised, but they never tricked me with all these "signs". It is stressful. Especially since I had a m/c before this pregnancy, it feels like an extra long wait to see my live, healthy baby!

May we all have babies this week! :

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#5 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 AM

I'm here. I was due the 15th, so I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. I really want baby to get here but I'm trying to just be ok with her getting here when she's ready.

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#6 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 AM

Me too. My dd was the 19th. I've been having prodromal labor for 2 weeks now and it's making me so emotional. I woke up at 5am this morning because of cx. Having signs of labor but no labor is frustrating.

Reallyreally thinking of taking some castor oil. I took it with my first (and it did nothing) so I totally know that it might not help.

I know that the baby will come when she's ready, but we're also in this together, and I'm pretty ready by now.

New moon tonight, considered more powerful than the full for helping labor.

Sending patience and labor vibes to all (even if I have precious few) :
#7 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 AM

I was due the 16th and there's still not much action going on at all, except for the fact that I can't sleep (which is annoying). Half the time I feel like I may go to 44+ weeks or something, since nothing is heating up!

Kelli, radical unschooling mama to four beautiful homebirthed lovies (ages 14, 9, 5, and 19 months) 
#8 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 AM

I was due the 11th but am thinking that was off by a week. Still that was the date I had in my head making me feel really overdue. Plus my boys were both born early.
I have had very few signs...unless you call going insane with this waiting thing a sign. I did have mucus come out on Saturday and just felt like the baby was going to fall out. I was completely convinced the baby was going to be born this past weekend.
I'm so cranky and emotional.
The good thing is I am really looking forward to labor and birth now. Every time i have a little tight feeling like a contraction I'm like "that did not hurt enough!!!"
I might need to stop coming here too since it seems like everyone is having their babies right and left....I guess that's the way it's supposed to be
#9 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
The good thing is I am really looking forward to labor and birth now. Every time i have a little tight feeling like a contraction I'm like "that did not hurt enough!!!"
this is EXACTLY how I feel.
#10 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

My mom called from work today "just to see" if I was in labor so she could go home (she's a L&D nurse and they were overstaffed I guess). Sorry mom, but NO. Ugh. Not cool getting phone calls multiple times a day just to check.

Yes, I am also ready, I don't need to be reminded.

This is the most pregnant I've ever been, My dd was born the day after her due date.

I went to prenatal yoga today and it made me feel much more content, beautiful, and relaxed about my current state... although I need to TRY to keep busy to keep my mind off things.
#11 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Another Twin Cities mama here! I'll be at 41 weeks tomorrow. I have to do the non-stress test thing on Thursday and probably schedule an u/s to check things out next week if the little guy stays put. Luckily, my midwives aren't induction-happy unless something is actually amiss (big baby is not a good reason).

love.gif

#12 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm doing a homebirth and my midwife is cool with waiting quite a while, although she DOES think I'll give birth sometime this week. I hope so!!
#13 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 PM

I used to be a twin cities mom! Lived in St. Paul for 5 years before moving out here to WA.

I was due the 17th according to my midwife, the 20th according to my LMP. I am feeling REALLY REALLY ready. I am pretty emotional. I was really (TMI!) constipated and did a castor oil enema last night, showered, then DTD. Desperate times call for desperate measures! My last pregnancy I did the castor oil enema and went into labor the next night. Coincidance I'm sure though.

I have an appointment this afternoon, and I'm going to ask for some serious membrane stripping. She did it last week too, but the midwife I saw didn't really make an effort at it. lol I didn't even feel her doing it and every other time I've had it done with every other pregnancy its been pretty uncomfortable.

Is anyone delivering at Regions? I had two of my kids there!

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#14 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 PM

I was due on the 19th. Sure can't wait for her to come on out! My mother in law called me today thinking we may have forgotten to tell her!

I too get mad that the contractions aren't more painful - lol. I purposely tense myself up to make them worse then have to tell myself I should be practicing to relax through them. Wish people would stop asking me if I knew when she was going to come out - how the frig am I supposed to know????? ugh - I am in such a bad mood .
#15 of 108 Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoxy View Post
Wish people would stop asking me if I knew when she was going to come out - how the frig am I supposed to know????? ugh - I am in such a bad mood .
My mom and dad are the WORST about this and what is REALLy annoying me is that my dad is a pediatrician and my mom was a nurse who had midwifery training. So, WTF is it with the expectation that we know when the baby is coming??? My sil's water broke this evening and my mom was wanting an ETA of the baby (sil was supposed to be induced tomorrow anyway, but her water broke spontaneously today, and they put her on pitocin right away). I just gave my mom this look and she didn't understand why, which is even more infuriating that she doesn't understand that she is being irritating by asking assinine questions. Meanwhile, I am jealous that my sil's water broke (her edd was 28th), and here I am, 2+ wks of prodromal labor with nothing to show for it, except that I am super bitchy right now. My edd is technically not until the 25th, but my other two kids both arrived at exactly at 39 wks on their own, so I am feeling antsy, that I will go past due this time, b/c this pregnancy has been so different from my other pregnancies, I almost feel like this entire pregnancy has been about throwing me for a loop at every step. :
#16 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 03:12 AM

I was due the 12th and Im definitely sure of my dates. Im going insane cause yesterday I crossed the time my first DS was born (9 days late) and have been having contractions for months and labour-like ones for a few weeks. Im so over the unproductiveness of it all. I wish my body would just DO SOMETHING!
#17 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 AM

I saw my midwife yesterday. They did an NST which came out perfect. We're going to try a foley on Friday if nothing happens by then. I'm pretty anti-induction, but I'm ok with that. I can come home with it. Its fairly non-invasive. It doesn't start any ticking clocks. The risks are minimal. I'm just really, REALLY umcomfortable going much past 41 weeks. I don't have nerves of steel like some of the ladies on here! I want this baby out and safe in my arms, like YESTERDAY!

#18 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 PM

I can totally and wholly see why I was so easily talked into induction by my doc last time.

as of this evening, I will be pregnant longer with this one than with my first. My MW refused to strip my membranes til next Mon (41w) which is the opposite of my experiences with #1!
I am so restless and so tired. I just took an hour nap with DD - and feel like I could use a few hours more!

I think one of the things that is bugging me is my CLOTHES. EVERYTHING I have is too short- I look like Bubba with my bely hanging out. MY dh is nto a big dude, so his Sz M tees aren't much help

Im wishing and hoping that when I stand up to walk away from the computer I will have my water break!!!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#19 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykins View Post

I think one of the things that is bugging me is my CLOTHES. EVERYTHING I have is too short- I look like Bubba with my bely hanging out. MY dh is nto a big dude, so his Sz M tees aren't much help

Im wishing and hoping that when I stand up to walk away from the computer I will have my water break!!!
Same here. I am basically only wearing dresses and skirts now, b/c I just can't deal with pants/shorts anymore. They are bugging the crap out of me and like you said, it is getting drafty with the shirt situation. I too keep hoping my water breaks, b/c for me that really gets things moving fast. I'm showing some progress (contrax all day about 5-8 min apart), but wanting to labor it out at home as long as possible before going to the hospital. My mom and DH keep asking me when I want to go to the hospital and I keep telling them that when my contrax are bad enough that I can't talk. They are already pretty intense, but I am doing ok so far at home. Everyone is worried that I will wait too long and not make it there on time. I too am now realizing why some women choose to get induced... it's just so darn uncomfortable at this stage, although quite honestly I was NOT this miserable with my last two pregnancies as I am this time around. Don't know if it's b/c I'm older and/or it's my third...
#20 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

oh man, it's getting rough since I can't sleep at night because of intense baby movements... I don't even really think it's contractions because I can't see a clear beginning and end to them. You'd THINK I'd remember what labor felt like since I've been through it before. LOL. I figure if I am doubting whether or not it's early labor, to just ignore it because it's probably not. Easier said than done though!!

I usually start to feel "labor-y" at like 8pm or so, and today the feeling started at about 4pm, so maybe JUST MAYBE my body is gearing up for ACTUAL LABOR. Yay yay yay, I can hope right? I mean EVENTUALLY I am going to be in labor for real....

I'm sort of weird about inductions because my last child was very unnecessarily induced a day after my due date (long story) and I'm really trying to trust my body that it knows how to go into labor on it's own this time.
#21 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 08:58 PM

oh yes, my first was also very very uneccesarily induced just two days after her due date.

I went around cleaning as much as I could today, regretting not calling the cleaning co. a friend reccomended. Im exahusted!
Did I mention that I totally forgot about dinner- and ended up basically kicking dh out of the kitchen while I cried and wimpered through making a thrown-together pasta dinner? (Kicked him out because I felt like such a jerk that I totally forgot and that he had just come home from a longer day than he expected and started throwing stuff together himself...)

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#22 of 108 Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 PM

My EDD is Friday and so far no signs of labor whatsoever. If there's no baby by Friday, I'll be joining you ladies on the other side of 40 weeks.

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

#23 of 108 Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM

Still here - still miserable. Yesterday was contractions all day long - really thought the big day had finally arrived - then, they just went away - like fog lifting on a hazy day. They are back again today and I'm just so not interested in another uncomfortable day that doesn't result in a baby!!! I started my maternity leave yesterday and I'm so afraid I started it too early and that I will have ended up taking much needed time away from baby post-birth. I just couldn't handle working and taking care of my toddler any more though (work from home.)

I have to say though - the clothes situation isn't that bad. I normally hate Walmart and avoid it like the plague. I had to go in there for something though and saw they have a huge selection of organic cotton tees that are super long and super soft and cheap too. I bought a bunch and they have been wonderful! They will be great after the birth too since they have deep v necks and will make b-feeding easy.
#24 of 108 Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Joining you ladies on the other side of 40 weeks. I'm so uncomfortable. I am 3 days more pregnant so far this time. My mw won't do/talk about any natural induction things till next week. Then at 42 weeks it becomes a medical induction. I hope that this baby decides to make an appearance soon. I haven't even been feeling contractions. I just can't do anything with my toddler and my feet are so swollen that flip flops hurt to wear. For clothes I found a long t-shirt feely skirt that I have been living in for the past two weeks. Also t-shirts are the only comfortable thing that covers my belly. (luckily my dh is a bigger guy than me ) hope we have our babies soon!

Wife to Josh ~ mommy to frankie (10-24-06) and hayley (7-25-09) and Caleb (4-30-11)
#25 of 108 Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Still here....

I'm getting more impatient by the second. This sucks.

#26 of 108 Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 PM

41 weeks today, but I'm not too antsy. Two days ago I gave myself a new due date of August 1st so I wouldn't feel like I was totally late, and it seems to have worked (psyching myself out that way), lol.

Kelli, radical unschooling mama to four beautiful homebirthed lovies (ages 14, 9, 5, and 19 months) 
#27 of 108 Old 07-23-2009, 03:50 PM

Ive been living in a knit skirt from Old Navy for months now LOL - that and yoga pants! I did find that over the skirt, my tank tops still cove rmy belly. so. tank tops everyday till little man shows up.

I am finding myself making random projects, like today it was well, since he hasn't come yet, maybe I should organize the fridge... and then it was... well, thats done, I think I should go through the pantry, too while I'm at it... then make a lis to fall teh essentials I am out of.... shew!
(then went to Trader Joes and restocked!!!)
now what can I work on... LOL

#28 of 108 Old 07-24-2009, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

oh my gosh I can't believe I'm still pregnant!! In-SANE.
#29 of 108 Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 PM

still pregnant here too! 41 weeks 2 days. :

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#30 of 108 Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post
oh my gosh I can't believe I'm still pregnant!! In-SANE.
yeah I hear you! I'm 41 weeks today!

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page