Mothering Forum banner

Post Baby Weight?

645 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ATruck 
#1 ·
So, we have our pregnancy weight gain thread... why not a post pregnancy weight thread?

My little girl is 2 weeks today
: and I am (surprisingly) back to prebirth weight of 179lbs. At the time of birth, I was weight just over 200 lbs.

I'm a little concerned about how quickly the weight is coming off and I was wondering if I really should be concerned? I am breast feeding, for an fyi. It seems like I lost about 4lbs in the past 48 hours alone. I feel like I'm eating enough, but maybe I'm not?

See less See more
#2 ·
I was 200, then dropped to 198 a couple days before DS2 was born, I was 176 about 2 days ago at 3wks postpartum...I lost weight really fast for the first 6-8wks with DS1, then still steadily for about a year--I ended up starting DS2's pregnancy at a lower weight--150 vs 157. The only thing is my body did NOT look as good LOL...I'd like to work on decreasing body fat and toning up more than watching the numbers...I want to look hott and sexy for my hubby again lol

#3 ·
I am 4 weeks postpartum now. I weighed 145lbs the day before the birth and at my 2 week postpartum visit I was 127lbs. I'm not sure how much I weigh now since we don't have a scale at home. I have another visit with my midwives at 6 weeks postpartum so I will see where things stand then. I started out this pregnancy at 117lbs.

#5 ·
Pre-pregnancy I weighed 135. At birth I weighed about 175, so I gained 40lbs. I am at 155lbs. - I've lost 20lbs. at almost 3 weeks pp. I haven't been active really because of surgery and all that, but I plan on becoming more active soon and hopefully losing more of my pregnancy weight, but I am pretty happy with where I am now, I only gained in my stomach and boobs and I can deal with a little extra tummy fat right now

#7 ·
I didn't look at my weight during my pregnancy. I knew that watching my weight go up no matter the reason wouldn't be good for my mental health. I plan on waiting until my 6 week post partum check at the OB's office to see how much I weigh and find how much I weighed just before giving birth. Right now I feel pretty yucky - it was so cool being pregnant and having a cute basketball tummy, but now I just feel flabby and overweight. I know it's the "normal" way to look after giving birth, but it still feels icky. I'll feel better when I have some clothes to wear that fit right, I hope.

#8 ·
I gained about 30 lbs and I have no idea how much I've lost, but I feel like it's a lot. I know i was retaining some fluid so that explains some. I just feel like my stomach went down so much faster, it's only been 2 weeks. My mom said to me yesterday that she can't believe how fast the weight is coming off, after all this is my 3rd! I can't wait till i get the OK to actually get some real exercise and take the rest off.

#9 ·
I *tried* to go clothes shopping (at the goodwill), for some things to get me by...it was no fun lol. I bought one shirt that was a little tight, and one pair of shorts that was a little loose...after trying on TONS of clothes---argh, and I have such cute clothes from last summer that are no where near fitting! How come I gained so much in my butt?? LOL

#10 ·
I think I am about 20 pounds over what I weighed before getting pregnant. I don't seem to be losing at all (I am 8 weeks postpartum and weigh about what I did after giving birth), which is what happened last time. I think I probably eat too much in the early stages of breastfeeding- I am just a bottomless pit. Last time I lost all of the weight and more starting at around 10 months postpartum. Toddler nursing really did it for me, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.