anyone dtd? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so i'll be 2 weeks pp tomorrow...i've been feeling ready for nearly a week and a half now! I know, i know! It's early...but i didn't have any tears or anything...i haven't been sore for a while.

Yeah - still dealing with lochia, though.

I'm just wondering if any brave souls have tried yet? I reaaaaaaally want to...but i think i'm going to wait a few more days. I'd do it NOW (lol) but methinks dh might be a little yucked out by the lochia (we dtd while i had my period before...but i always used sea sponges...which i know are outta the question now).

I guess i'm just feeling that need to reconnect with dh. I mean, we've been snuggling, kissing, lovey, etc...but i'm really desiring *that* level of closeness, if you kwim! I think it might help me feel less ppd (i'm on zoloft as well, btw).

Also - what are you doing for bc? I'm planning on getting a non-hormonal IUD, but dr. says i'll have to wait 8-12 weeks pp. So i guess in the mean time condoms will hafta do (blech).
#2 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Oh yeah, I'm TOTALLY DTD....

Still pregnant too... but DTD. LOL!

After my daughter I remember it was torture to wait 4 weeks even, so I gave in and we DTD at 4 weeks. I did have a tear and some stitches with that birth though. So if this one goes really smoothly and there is no vulvular or perineal damage I will probably give in sooner. DTD is something I really love.

And... condoms... until he gets an appointment with a urologist...

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#3 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 PM

I am 5 days PP and OMG I want to SOOOOO bad.

My bleeding is all but gone.

DD1, I DTD 8 days post partum, I did have 2 abrasions then that did not require stitches then.

I had no damage at all this time. I SO WANT TO DO IT.. But I know it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to soon.

2 weeks is probably a good bet.
#4 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 02:21 PM

Umm, my DH wants to dtd, but I'm not ready yet. In fact, it always hurts so much the first time after having a baby, I'm dreading it.
#5 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM

you ladies are CRAZY!!! I'm 2 weeks pp and I'm definitely going to wait until my 6 week appointment at the very least. With DD, it hurt FOREVER. Hopefully this time wont be as bad.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#6 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 PM

You women are NUTS! Go for it if you are up to it. I had a bad tear that is not healing, and I am 4 week pp. DTD is not going to happen for another while yet.

Wife to Jared; SAHM to dd Daphne (03/07) and VBAC Cyprus (06/09). Farmer, Wool Goddess, Photographer and Seamstress
#7 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 PM

I'm 2 weeks pp and while I'm feeling pretty good, I don't think I'll be up for DTD for a while yet. I don't think DH will be either.
#8 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 PM

I'm at five weeks with a decent tear. I'm not a big dtd person, so if the books say wait six weeks there is no reason for me to jump in any sooner. It usually hurts when we dtd for me, so I'm afraid it's going to hurt any more. I think I'm just usually dry. Would you think that some kind of lubricant would help? If you've used any, what would you recommend?
#9 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM

Nope but if i was propositioned by some hot guy i may
#10 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 PM

I REALLY wanted to yesterday but I also had some hormonal mood swings so I think it had something to do with that (I was taking video of Lillian and I started crying and couldn't stop...at least it was happy crying!). DH and I just fooled around instead and made out for a bit while Lily was sleeping.

I don't think I am physically ready at 1 week PP...I had a labial tear and I am also still bleeding pretty profusely, though no more clots, thank goodness. It is kind of like the heavier days of AF still. I am going to ask my midwife what she thinks at my 2 week PP appointment on Friday. I have a feeling I will be asked to wait longer due to my tear. I'm not really afraid of the pain part, I just want to feel close that way with DH again.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#11 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM

I am 6 days PP and feeling like I am probably up to it. I do not feel sore at all, bleeding is looking like it might be close to done (fingers crossed) and there were no tears... Still hoping to hear from someone who has already

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#12 of 34 Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 PM

At almost 2 weeks postpartum I feel ready but my bleeding is still quite heavy and I just can't while that is going on. Okay, TMI here, but the postpartum bleed smells so strange that I just feel a little grossed out by my own body these days! I can't wait for it to be done already! I really did not think I would feel this good so soon after birth - what a nice surprise!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#13 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Giving myself some more time to heal... My tear, which I opted not to have stitched, was in a rather um... sensitive area... and the midwife is already concerned that I might be risking reduced feeling in that particular area... so gonna give it all the best shot it has by not disrupting whatever healing might be going on.

As for wanting to... I'm guessing it must be the hormones talking, and I know perfectly well that those hormones are fickle things... make me want something one minute and burst into tears over the same thing two minutes later... so more physical healing and awaiting a little more emotional equilibrium, too.

Parenting four little monkeys (11, 8, 6, and 4) with the love of my life. Making it up as I go.
#14 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 AM

just poppin in to remind everyone that your cervix is still open for quite a while after giving birth. im sure people do dtd early and have no problems, but yeah, cervix is open, right into the uterus.

joyful student mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, crazy in love with DH, and loving our new baby boy! 7-09:!!
#15 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 AM

3 weeks here and I was considering it last night (very tiny nick in my perineum - probably fine by now - though I might have a peek).
Mostly the birth control/possibility of toddler or baby interrupting put me off (not that interruptions are so bad, but not when I want it be nice and slow and good the first time).
Getting an IUD in a few months. . . .but I'm stumped until then (condoms - gah!).

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy
#16 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Almost 3 wks pp, and not really thinking about it. Had an episiotomy, which healed slower than my others, but is feeling good now. I think I could go for it, and be okay, but not really having ANY interest. I guess I'm back to my old self again. My poor husband. ha ha. I told him to appreciate my raging hormones while I was pregnant, but he just couldn't bring himself to that point at the very end stating "that belly just gets in the way!"
#17 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM

OMG! Don't tell my dh that women like you exist! I am 17 days pp, and have no desire! That may in part be due to my 7 stitches from a tear and my still heavy bleeding, but last time it hurt forever, and I actually had to get treatment (estrogen cream and dilators), so I'm kind of not looking forward to trying this time. Sigh. I feel so bad for my dh!

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
#18 of 34 Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow! Just reading about you mamas that could dtd right now makes me depressed . My stitches are still healing at 15d pp and I am still bleeding/spotting a little.

Worse off though is my psyche- I feel soooooo unattractive due to this tummy that makes it impossible to wear any clothing in a flattering way. That and the milk that drips forth from my boobs constantly and makes me smell. DH had showed not even a tiny bit of interest and I think this whole milk-making mommy thing is turning him off.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#19 of 34 Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM

I've been physically ready for a few days now, but holding off for as long as I can. I'd hate to get an infection or something. That being said, I doubt I'll make it to two weeks pp.

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#20 of 34 Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM

Well, we dtd a few nights ago! . I was 23 days pp

My interest in it surprised me, I think it was much longer last time around.

I didn't have any tearing at birth, I've been feeling great, and my bleeding was *almost nothing*

That said, it didn't feel that great. I ended up stopping it. And, the next day, I had a bit of bright red bleeding (just in the morning), so I think it was too soon for my body. I'll probably wait a few more weeks before trying again.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#21 of 34 Old 08-04-2009, 03:37 PM

crashing from May...we did it about exactly 2 weeks. I think as long as the bleeding is gone (mine was almost ) it's fine. I didn't tear either and that made so much more of a difference. With DD1 I had 1 stich but it's crazy how that one little tear feels compared to not tearing. I felt completely normal 5 hours after birth.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#22 of 34 Old 08-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Count me in the "Are you CRAZY?!?!" camp. I'm 12 days pp.

I *love* my dh, LOVE him. But not going to dtd anytime soon. W/ ds...it was 4 months. However, I don't think it will take that long this time. Don't get me wrong, I like to dtd as much as the next person, but w/ a new baby, a toddler, and all that goes with it, I'm not in a big hurry.

What I would like is just some quiet alone time w/ dh. Time to snuggle, chat, just be close to one another. Yeah, we sleep in the same bed each night, but we're both so exhausted we just collapse- and he has been getting up super early, to get to work earlier, so he can get home to help us out.

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#23 of 34 Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Have any of you experience w/ DTD pp after a c-section? The nurse in the hospital said I couldn't have anything in me for 6 weeks, DH included. It just doesn't make sence to me since my baby didn't come out the natural way. I did dialate fully though (if that makes a difference) DD heart rate kept crashing when we pushed.

Saw the doc today for the incision and he says the skin (of the incision) has healed together (I was glued not stapled). Do you all think its ok? I would love too!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#24 of 34 Old 08-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunny65 View Post
Have any of you experience w/ DTD pp after a c-section? The nurse in the hospital said I couldn't have anything in me for 6 weeks, DH included. It just doesn't make sence to me since my baby didn't come out the natural way. I did dialate fully though (if that makes a difference) DD heart rate kept crashing when we pushed.

Saw the doc today for the incision and he says the skin (of the incision) has healed together (I was glued not stapled). Do you all think its ok? I would love too!!
After my c-section with DS, my abdomen was very sore. Since your muscle tissue was cut, it takes a little longer to heal than with a vag delivery. The muscle needs to come back together and heal in order for you to use your abs for support and strength. DH and I waited about 8 weeks after my c-section, but I would think that 6 would be fine. I guess it really depends on how you are feeling but just keep in mind that the movement involved in DTD can cause a lot of strain on the abs - be careful if you do it soon!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#25 of 34 Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM

I've been telling DH (and most everyone else) that there will be NO SEX until DH gets snipped. We've done some fooling around but if I'm going to stick to my guns I fear it may be a LONG time before we dtd again.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#26 of 34 Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 AM

I am 12 days pp and I am totally not going to dtd for a while. Funny how not being able to makes you want to more. I was just wondering if orgasms are out of the question too? And will it hurt? Sorry but I have just got to ask.
#27 of 34 Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
13 days pp, and while I really want to, it is definitely not happening for quite some time. I had 4 stitches due to a tear, and I still end up feeling quite swollen and sore down there when I spend too much time upright. The lack of action is leaving me with some pretty racy dreams lately though

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#28 of 34 Old 08-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I was just wondering if orgasms are out of the question too? And will it hurt? Sorry but I have just got to ask.
I've got the same question. I've been wanting to since 2 days PP and I know that I won't be able to actually DTD for a bit yet. It would help if DH and I could both have some relief other wise though.
I don't mind helping him out in other ways, but when I'm wanting it too it's a bit harder to do it happily. lol

Leigh

#29 of 34 Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 PM

I had an orgasm and it didn't hurt but we didn't dtd. I have to say that I did worry about incontinence a little, though.

Question for those of you who have been through this before... I used a tampon today (I know, not supposed to postpartum, but I went for a run and just couldn't wear a pad.) It was only in for about an hour but boy did it hurt! It was fine when it went in and after about 30 minutes or so I started to feel really sore. It hurt removing it, too (and it wasn't dry). Once it was out I was totally fine - no lasting discomfort.

So is this what sex is going to feel like the first time? Now I am scared! I was thinking about going for it in the next few days but now I am not so sure : What do you guys think?

#30 of 34 Old 08-09-2009, 09:44 PM

I couldn't wait for you mamas to answer, so I talked to my midwife, and she said that orgasm is excellent and very beneficial for tightening the uterus. :
And interesting thing is that I was bleeding very heavy, but after orgasms, it has gotten alot less.:::

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page