Af? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had no bleeding for the past 2 weeks, I've been feeling PMS-ish over the past week (even DH noticed) crampy and moody etc, then today I have some light (pink) bleeding and I feel less moody and crampy....AF or more postpartum bleeding? (FYI I'll be 6wks postpartum on Monday, I got AF at 13wks with DS1).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-08-2009, 11:43 PM

Well, I got mine back at 11 days. With my first I got mine at 3 weeks. I started a thread a few days ago in this group about it. I would guess, if it feels like a period and you had stopped bleeding, then it probably is - at least in my experience - sorry!

, , , , , to DD1 (4.5 years old) and DD2 (7 months) and 2
#3 of 7 Old 08-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yikes! I got mine back at 12 weeks pp with DS. I hope I don't get it earlier this time like you....I only just stopped bleeding at 4.5 weeks pp.
#4 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
With ds2 I stopped pp bleeding around 3 weeks. Then around 6 weeks I experienced what you described. But that was it until 9 months pp. I don't know if it was a period and then a REALLY long time until the next one or residual pp bleeding.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#5 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
With ds2 I stopped pp bleeding around 3 weeks. Then around 6 weeks I experienced what you described. But that was it until 9 months pp. I don't know if it was a period and then a REALLY long time until the next one or residual pp bleeding.
Same thing happened to me after Lolli was born. Crampy, PMS-y, bledding for a few days right around 6 weeks. I was so mad that I was one of those "special" women who get their periods back early during EBF. But then I had nothing else until 9 months PP, so I guess it was just the end of my lochia after all. Because after it came back at 9 months my cycle was perfectly normal from the get-go.

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#6 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

I sure hope it is not! But, even if it isn't I will probably get it back soon...baby sleeps about 5hrs at a time during the night and I am away from him 6 days a week with minimal to no time to pump (starting yesterday...though I have today off for a job interview I will only be away from him for about 2hrs). I got it one week after returning to work with DS1...and it was not regular but I continued to get it almost every month after that until I got pregnant...*sigh*
#7 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM

I just came to vent about the very same thing. With each of my kids AF started between 4-7 weeks pp and comes pretty regularly. They have all been avid nursers every 2-4 hours day and night. Lucky me (sarcasm).

So AF started today, 6 weeks 1 day since I gave birth. It really bums me out. I knew it was coming because I got an awful hormonal acne breakout on my upper thighs and lower stomach. It makes me so not happy.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page