"Mama" recovery - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a 2nd degree tear with DS and the stitches are healing fine, but man I have some pain in my inner labia now and again. My OB assured me I didn't tear there but maybe I had a skid mark or two? Everything looks normal and is normal to the touch. But I realized this when I was getting *ahem* aroused the other day (DH and I are READY for me to heal) and my inner labia near my clit hurt. Not a turn on and quite uncomfortable.

Anyone experience this? What kind of healing time are we talking?

Also, my stitches have dissolved but the scar tissue is hard so I'm guessing sex will hurt for a long time??

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#2 of 7 Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM

I had seven stitches, 4 internals and 3 externals and a minor labial tear that didn't get a stitch. I started feeling more normal down there about a week and a half pp. I don't have pain with my labia tear, but some times it does feel kind of tingly. As for the sex, you never know. DH and I DTD last night and the night before, which was the first we had since the LO was born. It actually didn't hurt me at all and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed and wanted it. The intimacy was different, and it has actually been kind of sexy to see DH as a father I hope the rest of your healing goes well. I'm sure you will be up to it in no time!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#3 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 01:57 PM

I didn't tear but ended up with a skid mark. I've had tingly pain in the same area you describe -- actually, I've been afraid it was something wrong with my clitoris. The pain has gotten better over these last three weeks, but it still shows up from time to time. I hope it finishes healing, soon.

- Born 7/21/09
#4 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

I had a skid-mark also, and what helped me when it started hurting was a sitz bath and using witch hazel. Hope it starts feeling better for you soon!

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#5 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had 4 stitches in my perineum. The stitches feel fine mostly at 2 1/2 weeks pp. My problem is that my whole vulva just aches after I've been upright for an hour or two. At the 2 week check up my midwife says everything looks like it's healing up fine, she didn't have an explanation for the ache. It's the same heavy/achy feeling I used to get with my menstrual cramps. It's getting better, I can be up for progressively longer amounts of time, but I am getting frustrated with having to lie down so much. I just moved and really would like to unearth my stuff from the piles of boxes I'm sitting amongst.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#6 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 04:26 PM

I get that same feeling Angelorum! My stiches all feel pretty good but that vulva cramping is hard to deal with- I just want to go for a walk!!

I have a toddler! 7/27/09
#7 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 PM

I had an episiotomy (and had one with each of my other two births too), and am having the same issue. Things are, "healed," but I still get shooting pain sometime around the labia area.

BTW, what is a, "skid mark" in regards to birth??? I have never heard that term before except for underwear issues...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page