Did anyone else use the Belly Bandit or other belly binder? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used the Belly Bandit. Didn't use anything with my 2 previous pregnancies.

I was back in shorts that are 1 size bigger than my normal size at 10 days PP. I did have a little muffin top but not that much.

Now, my uterus did contract back to its regular size in less than a week, which I am attributing to the red raspberry leaf tea I drank in the 2nd and 3rd trimester so my tummy would be flatter than average just because of that.

But the interesting thing is that my skin has bounced back too! And at 42 years old, I am shocked by that. It's not drooping or loose or anything. So I figure that has to be because of the belly binding.

You can't tell I just had a baby 13 days ago. I just have a little rounding of the belly.

My stomach is not perfect of course, I am 10 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight. But you can see some ab definition coming back.

My whole recovery this time was much better than with my other 2 children so i am sure that helps but overall I am pretty happy with my belly binding experience. And I don't wear it all day like they recommend either. I take it off when I go out on public since I find it looks bulky under clothes.

What was everyone else's experience?

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#2 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM

no.. but now I wish I had!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#3 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 03:01 PM

Not in your DDC, but do you think that a tight Bella band type thing would work??

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#4 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 03:02 PM

i had an emerg. c-section 4 wks ago, but was planning on binding. I just started 2 nights ago b/c my incision seems healed pretty well. I hope i cn still get good results starting 4 wks pp.

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#5 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Not wearing a belly bandit but wearing one of these. I think it's been pretty helpful in shrinking my belly and helping my skin to snap back. We'll see how helpful it has been once I hit 6 weeks pp.
#6 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Not in your DDC, but do you think that a tight Bella band type thing would work??

I think you should go for something that can adjust as your tummy shrinks.
#7 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM

I have been using the bamboo belly bandit sporadically. I don't know if it's the binding or luck but I feel like my tummy looks much better than I had anticipated at 3 weeks pp!

I have a toddler! 7/27/09
#8 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM

I have the bamboo one. I've been wearing it pretty consistently since 2 days pp, my lo will be 4w on tuesday. I feel like it's really helped. This is my 4th, so my belly can use all the help it can get.
I also drank a lot of RRL tea during pg and for 2 weeks pp (1/2 gal./day)

I don't really have any ab definition, and I'm not where I was pre-pg., but I think it's certainly better than nothing. If anything I'm waiting for my extra skin to go away.

I do wear it when I'm out, I just turn the velcro to the back.

What I have to say about the belly bandit is that it is a giant PAIN to dry once you wash it (and I live in a very dry climate) it takes forever.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page