Is this my freaking PERIOD???!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay. So i'm about 4 1/2 weeks pp. My bleeding has been very light for a couple weeks now - light pink or brown. Some days I wouldn't bleed at all, then I'd bleed a bit...then nothing. You get the picture.

Well, i thought i was finally done bleeding because I haven't bled at all the past 2 days. I did have some slight yellowish discharge (sorry tmi!) yesterday, just a little and that's it.

My face has been breaking out as of 2 days ago. GR. Seriously, zits out of nowhere! Then last night I had this twinge of pain that kept happening in my lower right abdomen (ovary??).

So I just went to the bathroom and there was red blood again...something I haven't seen for weeks!!

No cramping though...really. Is this my period? How can i even tell?

Either way...UGH!!!:
#2 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 10:14 PM

It can happen. It could also just be an anovulatory bleed while your body is working out its hormone situation. I got a "period" at 7 weeks pp last time around even though I was only bfing and then never got one again (which is why DD is here now!).

Unless you are having fever, pains or excessive bleeding, it probably is a period. : I know, I know... totally bites. I am hoping the same thing doesn't happen to me again. DD nurses CONSTANTLY so I am hoping to be spared!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#3 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM

I thought I got one around 4 1/2-5wks...I'm 7 1/2wks and seem to have another one....my mom says could still be postpartum spotting stuff, but, I think it is my period...yuck...
#4 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

No fever or anything - but i have been feeling WEIRD. Hard to explain - but kind of light headed with a "butterflies in the stomach" feeling. No idea if it's related. Just odd.
#5 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 PM

with each of my first two, I had a second period of bleeding, like a period, once th pp bleeding was done I dont think it was a period, cause I went 8 months (ds) and then around 1 yr (dd) until it really started

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#6 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM

Wow, beansmama- I was getting on here to post about the exact same symptoms. Exact same time-4.5w I have had red blood after no pp bleeding for awhile. I also broke out on my face but have no cramping.

If this is AF, I at least want a return of sexy hormomes!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#7 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post

After my first, AF came back at 9 months PP. My "sexy hormones" didn't show up until she was down to 1 or 2 nursing sessions a day, which was around 12 months for us And then I got knocked up again quickly, LOL

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#8 of 11 Old 08-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Hi everyone - I just posted this in the June DDC. Hopefully, you don't have what I had. Just want to share my experience.

"All - please keep an eye on your bleeding. I delivered my DD on June 5. I had my 6 wk follow-up on July 13. At that time, my bleeding appeared to be tapering off. As time went by, the bleeding started to pick up and get bright red again and by week 9 postpartum it was medium flow and bright red. Even though I'm breastfeeding, I thought it might be my period (no cramps though) or possibly overdoing it with exercising. I just had a gut feeling that something wasn't right so I called my OB/GYN's office and they got me in for an ultrasound which showed that 1.5 cm of placenta did NOT deliver and that was causing the bleeding. They scheduled me for an urgent D&C which I had last Thursday. Apparently, if that situation is not remedied fairly quickly, you run the risk of hemorhaging. "
#9 of 11 Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Wow, beansmama- I was getting on here to post about the exact same symptoms. Exact same time-4.5w I have had red blood after no pp bleeding for awhile. I also broke out on my face but have no cramping.

Me too! At 4.5 weeks too... I went from no bleeding for 2 days, then boom bright red bleeding that was about a medium flow for me. I had the medium flow for about 3 days, then it went back to the brownish, light bleeding and then the bleeding has completely stopped as of 2 days ago. I wonder if it was my period or just an extension of my postpartum bleeding?

I know it is not the placenta as I had a c-section.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#10 of 11 Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 PM

I got my first pp AF this time around at 6 weeks (for my other 2 it happened between 6-8 weeks as well). From past experience I can pretty well assume that it'll be regular from here on out. . even with constant nursing.

*sigh*

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#11 of 11 Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 PM

From what I have seen it is pretty common. The midwife I work with calls it a "hormonal flush". Different from a period though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page