3 Months Old - Not Napping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are struggling in our household with Rudy not napping. He will nap on us some, but still doesn't sleep for a good chunk of time. I'd carry him in the sling, but can't do it for hours - my back just doesn't hold out. (Once he can do the ergo....about 1 month - I could do this) but sometimes I just want to get something DONE while he naps.

Any suggestions? Could it possibly be food related?

He was sick with a UTI for the beginning months of his life...(which sprung its head at about 2 months) and he was sleeping for 4 hours at a time for a nap. NOW, I'm lucky if I get 15 minutes - if that. I thought it was that I added coffee back into my diet, but that hasn't been for a few days now....and it isn't getting any better.

Just hoping someone is either having the same issue...and or has some input.

Thanks so much!
Randi
#2 of 6 Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 AM

Little One is having nap/sleep issues, too. I think part of the problem is the house is too bright and noisy. I have to take him to a dark, quiet room and rock and nurse him to sleep.

For naps, I'm lucky if he'll stay down for half an hour to three hours at a time.

At night, we get some two hour stretches and maybe a three hour stretch. Then some nights he's up or fussing frequently after 1AM.

I wish I had some input, but I'm just as stumped.

- Born 7/21/09
#3 of 6 Old 10-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Wow! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one! I have been going crazy with this!
For me I am just learning to read her cues better, I started using a fleece 'nap time blanket'. She seems to like the sensation on her skin and starts to calm down and drift off when I pull it out....
Still though 45 min is NOT a nap!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#4 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Although DD sleeps well at night (most of the time ) she does not regularly nap during the day. Sometimes I can put her in her swing and she will drift off. If its quiet, she might sleep for several hours. But usually, she wakes up after 15 minutes!!! Yesterday she slept about 30 minutes total in 10 minute increments. I am just as clueless!! I follow her cues and do my best to make it pleasant for her but she really fights it. DS was not this way at all!!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#5 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 PM

tracymom1 - my DD must be related to your DD. everything you wrote in your post is happening in my house. i just can't seem to figure it out. ugh.
#6 of 6 Old 10-14-2009, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

EXACTLY why I posted it.... to just realize that what we are dealing with is totally normal. I guess I just need to be thankful that he sleeps through the night usually.... and just enjoy his presence more during the day...... and accept it.

Big hugs mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page