July DDC Roll Call Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm making it official... my due date is July 17th. I have two boys already 3 and 17 months and we are excited to add a third.

Jess ~mom to DS1 8/05, DS2 6/07, DD 7/09 and one surprise 5/11!
Melanoma survivor/patient. Diagnosed 11/09. Wear sunscreen. Check skin. See a derm.
#62 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Can we get this thread stickied?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#63 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 03:50 PM

I was beginning to doubt that I'd ever be in a DDC! It is official - I'm due July 13. :::
#64 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM

I've been reading what you all have been saying for the last week, but I was too nervous (a la freezehead) to join. It felt like jinxing it or something. Finally, I took another pregnancy test yesterday, and I figure I've got to start just trusting it.

I'm 35 dpm, which I think puts my due date around July 15, though I'm still BFing my 23-month-old and my cycle is wonky, so I'm not 100% sure.

Just to fill in some of the questions I've seen on past posts, I co-sleep with my toddler, and, as I said above, we're still BFing. I'm hoping for a homebirth this time, and I'm really looking forward to interviewing midwives.

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
#65 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 10:54 PM

HI IM Shelly and have 2 children
DD 4 and DS 2.. Im caustiously expecting this bean since I did MC this yr
I think my DD is around July 2nd

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#66 of 193 Old 11-08-2008, 11:00 PM

Sophiasmomma, sorry for your loss :-( I think all of us here after infertility or loss are cautious about getting our hopes up.

I was going to wait until I saw a heartbeat to join you officially, but after a day of morning sickness I think I can officially say I'm pregnant! I'm due July 5 or 6... I'll have an ultrasound from the fertility clinic on Wednesday to verify that everything is okay, then they're releasing me to a regular OB. The OB that I went to before now only does GYN, so it turns out that I'll be seeing a midwife in that practice! I'm pretty excited about that, and SUPER SUPER excited about all the nausea! :::

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#67 of 193 Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I'm Anelle and I found out on Monday that I'm expecting! My EDD is 10 July, but I usually have my babies a bit earlier (around 35 /36 weeks) - however, I would like to share this journey with ladies who are around the same stage of pregnancy as me, if you don't mind?

I have 6 sons (5 bio, 1 adopted): 10; 8; 5; 3; 3; 2 (well just about). I am still BF the just about 2 year old.

I'm hoping for a homebirth if we can keep baby in for long enough. Although I have my babies early, none of them have ever had any medical issues.

Seeing the midwife Dec 18th.

Looking forward to getting to know everyong!
#68 of 193 Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 AM

Hi! I'm Kristin and I am so stinkin' excited to be here! I think my due date will be July 20. I have one awesome son who says he wants a baby sister!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
#69 of 193 Old 11-09-2008, 01:06 AM

i'm a little shocked but very excited to be joining you all! i'm due with my fourth in july. still reeling from it all, but thank goodness there are nine/ten months to prepare, right?

we're not telling anyone in real life yet, including our older girls (who will be totally ecstatic). we need time to get used to the idea. plus, it's kind of fun to have a secret.

we have a 12-month-old baby, too. i'm nervous about having two babies 20 months apart, not to mention a 3- and 6-year-old as well (and we homeschool). at this point, i'm most concerned with my current baby being able to nurse as long as he wants, even if that means tandeming, and making sure i stay healthy.

whew. am i really here?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#70 of 193 Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Hello everyone!

My situation is a little different than everyone else's here (at least I think it is!). I am a gestational surrogate for two fantastic daddies-to-be. We transferred one beautiful 6-day-old embryo into my uterus last Monday, and today I got 2 very faint positive hpts! This pregnancy is going to be a really interesting experience for me. I've been giving myself shots of delestrogen and progesterone for a few weeks, and will continue to do so for the next month. I've got 3 ultrasounds in the first 10 weeks alone (compared to none last time)! I'm also going to be seeing an OB and giving birth in a hospital, which is strange for me as my pregnancy and birth with my ds (3 years old in a couple weeks!) was unassisted!

I have a few very midwife-like OBs lined up to interview (The RE releases me at 10 weeks), and the hospital I'm planning on using seems great. They have jacuzzi tubs, birth balls and stools, and really beautiful home-like birthing suites. I think it will be just fine. And I'm so happy to be doing this for such a wonderful couple.

I have a blood test/beta lined up for Thursday. Think high numbers for me!
#71 of 193 Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi there ~

It looks like I'm due July 23 next year.

I have one DD, who was born 4 days late and will be 3 in January. She was an unmedicated hospital birth with midwives, for #2 I'm hoping for a birth center waterbirth.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#72 of 193 Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM

I've been lurking, trying to get up the nerve to officially "out" myself

I'm a gestational surrogate too Viriditas! :

I am carrying for a single "Intended Father" (IF). We put two 5 day embryo's in on Oct 27th, one was hatching the other was not quite up to speed. I started getting faint positives 5 days after transfer. I had a beta on friday (super high 1278) and we repeated today but I still haven't gotten my number. : I'm in a similar boat as you too Viriditas in that my own three pregnancies were totally non-intervention pregnancies and births. I never had a single ultrasound in any of my own three pregnancies and I already have two planned for this one. I'm planning a homebirth with this one too (but unfortunately that goes out the window if it's twins in the state I live in ) Quite a ride it is, I LOVE it though

I look forward to getting to know all of you guys!
#73 of 193 Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 PM

Hello ladies! I am happy to join this club. I am expecting my third in July no date yet though, just sore boobs! This is my third child. My Dd is 9 and my Ds is 5. They are very excited to help out. I do have a ? though. I was expecting my af not a bfp and was treating myself with a 7 day monistat. I was four days in when I got the bfp so I finished the treatment. Today my Nurse told me that I should'nt of taken the meds??? In the 5 yrs since I had my son did the rules change? I could of sworn that monistat was safe to take and now am worried about my developing baby! Any answers appreciated. Thanks so much.
#74 of 193 Old 11-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily7 View Post
my DS is nursing still a lot so I am not as excited as I should be - I feel I am cheating him out of momma's milk,
No need to cheat him out of anything; read "Adventures in Tandem Nursing".

I'm due with my second on the same day my first was due, only 2 years later, July 13. DS still nurses TONS so I am entertaining ideas of tandem nursing. I am definitely committed to child-led weaning, so we will see where we are in July.

DS was born via the operating room four days after my water broke after trying desperately for a homebirth. I am eternally grateful for wonderful midwives who helped me know when it was time to do what I needed to do and go to the hospital. I am determined to have a VBAC homebirth with this new LO.

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next 8 months (only 8 months!!!)

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#75 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 03:16 AM

I just joined and this is my first post here!

I am not sure when I am due. According to my period I would actually be due in August, but I think it was a fluke because I got a really dark bfp waaaaayyyy too early (imo) for it to be this cycle, unless I am a freak of nature. So, I may be late June/early July, or late July/early August. I'm hoping for late June/early July! I will be seeing a midwife soon.

WE had a mc in July, so it would be really, really great to see this all the way through! I LOVE being pregnant!

~Harmony
(not sure why it took me so long to get on here!)

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

#76 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebma1980 View Post
I was expecting my af not a bfp and was treating myself with a 7 day monistat. I was four days in when I got the bfp so I finished the treatment. Today my Nurse told me that I should'nt of taken the meds???
I don't know the answer to this, but if you ask in a separate thread, more people will probably see it. I thought I *was* getting AF (spotting and a little temp drop, apparently implantation bleeding), so I had a few glasses of wine with DH. Now I feel super guilty. Oops. I am sure both of our babies will be just fine, though.
#77 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebma1980 View Post
Hello ladies! I am happy to join this club. I am expecting my third in July no date yet though, just sore boobs! This is my third child. My Dd is 9 and my Ds is 5. They are very excited to help out. I do have a ? though. I was expecting my af not a bfp and was treating myself with a 7 day monistat. I was four days in when I got the bfp so I finished the treatment. Today my Nurse told me that I should'nt of taken the meds??? In the 5 yrs since I had my son did the rules change? I could of sworn that monistat was safe to take and now am worried about my developing baby! Any answers appreciated. Thanks so much.
Monistat is fine in pregnancy, don't worry.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#78 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM

Hi everyone! I'm tentatively joining in... I'm a 26-year-old first-time mom-to-be living in the Netherlands, EDD July 17. I'm still pretty nervous about joining a DDC since my last pregnancy ended in a m/c, but I've been lurking anyway and thought I might as well join. I think I'll feel a little better once we've had our ultrasound @ 8 weeks and I've seen the heartbeat. :

Wishing lots of healthy-baby vibes to everyone, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!
#79 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufilia View Post
Hi there ~

It looks like I'm due July 23 next year.

I have one DD, who was born 4 days late and will be 3 in January. She was an unmedicated hospital birth with midwives, for #2 I'm hoping for a birth center waterbirth.

Aufilia, baby, we are due on the same day! Awesome! Hi everyone and congratulations! It is going to be a really fun 9 months getting to know all of you!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#80 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 PM

Looks like I will be joining everyone here...

I am due July 18th (based off of LMP). I have gotten three faint BFPs off of three different tests. I have a history of miscarriage though so we are taking things day by day. Baby wasnt planned (I was on birth control... it failed) but always a blessing!

I'm 23 (24 in January), married, and have a 3.5 year old and a 2.5 month old.
#81 of 193 Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 PM

Thanks to you ladies who took time to share you advice on my ? about the monistat. I feel much better just having words of encouragement. Thanks much and again I am so excited to be in this club! I am thinking I will be a mid July mamma but really its all up to these babies to decide when they want to join us.
#82 of 193 Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 AM

I'm in! EDD is July 13th (our 10 yr wedding anniversary!) but our first boy came a week and a half late, so I won't be holding my breath. We'd been TTC for three months, so I'm still in a bit of shock, as I thought it would take longer. Yay! Still cautious though.

Also a c/s mama, and planning a homebirth with midwife this time around.

Welcome to the surrogates! That's got to be the nicest thing you could ever do for someone! Very cool

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#83 of 193 Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 PM

I just realized that i never posted in this thread.

My name is Willow, but everyone IRL calls me Wil. DH and I have one DD, Amelia, who just turned 4 in august. We were going to start trying soon, and decided to throw caution to the wind one night about 3 days before I o'd and now here I am. Those guys really do live for a long time.

I'm so excited to get to know everyone over the next 9 months!
#84 of 193 Old 11-12-2008, 02:41 PM

I can't believe I am here. My due date is July 20, this is my fourth & Dh's first. I haven't told him yet, but I bought some cute socks & a bib & plan to tell him tonight. My other kiddos are 3 1/2 (DD), 5 (DS2) & 8 (DS1). I am a full-time student & a birth-doula, and am planning a homebirth.

#85 of 193 Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Hi,

I'm the moron who thought I was due in August I checked out a pregnancy calender today just to see what was happening and was quite surprised to see I was due in July. I thought it was 10 months from the first day of my last period. Show's how much I know! And this is my second one! Pregnancy brain is hitting me already!

Anyway, so it looks like I'm due around 7/12/09. Still very excited and am happy that each kiddo will have his/her own month for a birthday. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and am looking forward to having the pregnancy confirmed.

Hi to all the other 7/09's!
#86 of 193 Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM

Hi Everyone! I still cant believe I'm here- I almost wanted to wait to post, but then for what? I'm a grad of the TTC group where I was for only ~ 1 week!! A bunch of us just found out this week, there were some good baby vibes over there.

I'm 11DPO and have had three days of positives! I POAS at the dr's this morning and it was confirmed. WOW! This is our first (I'm 30) and we are so excited. I'm looking forward to having all you mamas and mamas-to-be to share experiences with.

Does anyone know how to get a ticker in your siggie? I never thought I would want one...

Oh yeah, my EDD is 7/25/09 from other websites to 7/31/09 from my dr's office. So who knows?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#87 of 193 Old 11-14-2008, 07:01 PM

I'm finally dragging my butt in here....I've know for almost two weeks! My DD is July 10th but I would be SHOCKED if I make it to July (DD was a month early, and premies run in the family).

We don't try or avoid, but this one is sort of a shock for us...I swear we did not do the deed for almost a week before I O'd and I was also really sick from hand, foot, and mouth disease...I thought for sure that my body would NOT pick this month to go for it! But hey, just goes to show, you never know. Our financial circumstances are pretty dismal at the moment, so I'm really trying to just keep myself together right now. I almost feel like we don't deserve this little one right now, but I know that things will work out.

I have a DD, Gabriella, who is 21 months, so she'll be 2 1/2 when the babe is born! We're still going strong in the breastfeeding department, but we'll see how that goes!

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!
#88 of 193 Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 PM

I just got a positive blood pregnancy test from the doctor, so I feel confident enough to post in here. My name is Elicia, and my husband is Joe. Our first little one is due July 25th. I'm 24 and he is 25. We're excited, but also a little nervous! I have a bicornuate uterus, and miscarriages (especially those in the second trimester) are more likely in those of us with mullerian anomalies. So I'm trying to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy as much as I can!

So glad to be here! :::

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#89 of 193 Old 11-16-2008, 03:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

My name's Sabrina, and I have two little girls (Ayla and Maija). We had a m/c in October, and we were really devastated. We decided that we were going to wait until May/June to conceive again, but this little soul had different ideas! I got a BFP on November 11, and am due July 25/09! : My dd1 was born at 42+5 weeks and dd2 at 41+1 weeks, so I may dip into August, but I sure hope not! I have a really hard time in those last few weeks!

I have a really amazing dp, and after being together for 7+ years we have decided to get married this summer. Also, I've been training to be a midwife for the last 4 years, and I finally graduate and become a "real" (and paid!) registered midwife in April 2009. Needless to say, 2009 is going to be an awesome year for us!

So happy to be here with you lovely mamas and mamas-to-be!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#90 of 193 Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM

I have been lurking for over two weeks now...so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Michelle. My DH and I have two little girls, 5 and 2 yrs old. This was our first month trying so I am in a bit of shock but so excited. My EDD is July 11th. With DD1, I went into labor on my due date but had her early the next morning and with DD2, I had her on her due date so I very well may have my babe on July 11th.

Looking forward to this journey with all of you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page