Mothering Forum banner

Spotting?

816 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  NoelleNichelle 
#1 ·
I've tested positive 3 days ago and today. I've also been spotting on and off for 3 days. Anyone think this is a sign of a miscarriage, or can it be the embryo is burrowing into my uterus? I'm only 4 weeks, and the spotting is coinciding with when I should have gotten my period.

#2 ·
Well I think it's certainly possible that it's implantation, I had spotting like that with DS2 and he is a perfectly heathy 2 year old now. It was so much like my period that all my dates were off for a while until we figured out that that is what happened. But everyone is different.
: to you.

#4 ·
I had the same at the same time, even with a small clot.

Happy to report it stopped, and I think it migh have had either to do with one of these things:

1) late bleeding from implantation
2) spotting from prometrium/progesterone
3) spotting at the same time AF is normally due.

Sending you sticky vibes

#8 ·
My first pregnancy I did not miss my first period. A highschooler's nightmare (we were trying to conceive and I'm not in HS), we just found out at our first appointment we were 4 weeks ahead. Baffles me how it can happen, but apparently pretty common, and I had a text book healthy pregnancy, birth and baby.

#9 ·
Goes to show you anything can happen. I'm still discharging brown stuff, and it's day 6 and getting slightly worse. I'm assuming the worst, but it would be a wonderful pleasant surprise if I have a normal pregnancy like SheSpeeds. This would be my second m/c consecutively. I don't want to leave this due date club, but if I have to, may the rest of you have a healthy pregnancy!

#12 ·
I was spotting up until yesterday morning. It's be 24 hours without anything so far. It was very dark brown for 7 straight days. Not enough to soak a panty liner during the day, but every time I wiped. I also leaked throughout the day. I also saw crumbly pieces in the toilet as well as 2 dime sized clots. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to take another pg test. My midwife recommends the wait and see approach. I'm taking it easy and I stopped drinking RRL. I hope this sticks!

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarabolli View Post
I think I'm still prego! I'm nausea and I'm always running to the bathroom. I've also tested positive today, which which makes it 6 weeks today (8 days after the spotting). Thanks for the happy vibes. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Yay! Sounds very promising!

#17 ·
I'm just lurking, but I had dark red spotting that turned to brown spotting and lasted about 7 days when when I was pregnant with DD. I even passed a silver dollar sized blood clot in that time. I was extremely worried and couldn't think about anything else during that time, but everything ended up being fine.

Good luck to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.