Joining this happy club! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I found out last week. : This will be my second and final baby. Hoping for healthy, but hoping for a girl too. I have a sweet little boy. Last time I didn't find out until I was 8 weeks instead of 4, so secretly hoping that's going to happen again.

I had a very healthy pregnancy last time and a beautiful birth. Also hoping for the same.

I'm having a tough time picking out a doctor. My hubby isn't up for a homebirth at this point, though we can always decide in the final trimester. I have briefly met a few OB's and know more than I knew last time, so it's making this decision tough.
#2 of 8 Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome and Congratulations!!!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#3 of 8 Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Hi! Welcome!

This will be our second and last too! I am also hoping for a girl!!!

Do you have any birth centers in your area? That might be a good in-between choice from hospital and homebirth.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#4 of 8 Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

I DO have a birth center here in town! I feel so blessed to be in such close proximity to a great resource like that. Close = within 30 minutes. However, last time when I visited, I did not feel like it's the place for me. It is perfect in many way, the best children's hospital this side of the state right near by for that just-in-case satisfaction. It wasn't the people, as I am good friends with several. It might have been the carpet, I'm not sure, something about it didn't suit my fancy. And, call me silly, I plan to ride my bike to all my prenatal appointments until I'm just too large or tired to get there. I like to ride and the hospital I picked happens to be nearby. (this makes it sound like that was my deciding factor). I will probably revisit the birth center to see if this time it feels different for me. One of my best friends is a lactation consultant there. Talk about great one on one help, I can't thank her enough for nurturing my nursing relationship with my son through the break-in phase last time. (Okay, yea I'm pregnant, little bit of tears there. )

Thanks for the suggestion, I have not ruled out the birth center here in town, but don't think that's where I will feel comfortable. I'd rather be at home or prepared with knowledge in a hospital. At least that's where I'm at now.
#5 of 8 Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 AM

That makes sense to me...

I would also suggest looking into getting a doula either way.. but especially if you choose the hospital route

#6 of 8 Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Agreed. I did not have a doula last time though seriously considered it. I think I may invite a like minded informed friend to come help with labor. I realize they don't have the same expertise and experience as a doula, but are also free. And it has a lot to do with my disposition, sense of informaty...besides considering becoming a doula myself. (Yes I realize doulas need doulas too. ) I wish the name was more common place in households of expectant mama's! Even if all they do is run for popcicles during a drama-free birth to allow the papa and mama to be to relax together.
#7 of 8 Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM

You may be able to find a cheap or free doula who has taken the course and needs her certification births.. that's what I did my last (and only) birth! She was free

and yes.. doulas need doulas too! I am also considering being a doula, and I am taking a doula course at my community college currently!

#8 of 8 Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm joining! Yeah! I just found out yesterday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page