Anybody else here NOT looking forward... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... to being REALLY pregnant?

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE feeling the baby kick and I LOVE giving birth.
However, I never enjoyed pregnancy - the 7 times I was pregnant.

Anybody else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 PM

lol I was complaining about that all day yesterday...I have to be pregnant for 9 more months!!! blahhhh...I just got my body back lol..
#3 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just starting to get back in shape and now I dread getting as big as a barn. I gained 50+lbs with my last 3 so I'm sure this one will be the same.
I also am happy to be pregnant but I just hate the stretch marks and huge thighs
I also got rid of everything baby related! On one hand it's fun to buy all new stuff but I'm frugal so the cost issue is really hard on me...

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#4 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, the weight thing: I had just lost 28 pounds since joining WW in the summer!
I was feeling all excited and pumped up about getting my body back and fitting in smaller jeans and clothes ... and then I go and get knocked up!

At least I have 9 adorable lbs to look forward to in July!
#5 of 12 Old 11-02-2008, 01:25 PM

I can mostly do without the whole pregnancy and newborn phase, really! It's only because I know it's eventually worth it that I was okay with getting pregnant a second and third time. I have never functioned well with no sleep! I love the nice parts of pregnancy, feeling the baby move and such, but with both previous pregnancies I got so sick that it's mostly an incredibly miserable experience for the first, oh, 6 or 7 months.

I'm keeping up hopes that maybe I won't get horribly sick this time...and that my pelvis won't separate...and that I won't get terribly constipated....

What was I thinking??
#6 of 12 Old 11-02-2008, 04:28 PM

I am NOT looking forward to being pregnant. The heaviness, the weight gain, lack of intimacy, blech. I was just starting to feel back to normal and now we're starting it all over again
#7 of 12 Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 PM

I'm already feeling frumpier and it hasn't even really begun yet. I love to swim but I feel funny about swimming in all of that chlorine this early on...is that silly? Also, with the weather changing I'm just not exercising as much. I feel like early pregnancy can be so tenuous and I want to be gentle and not get my body temp. up too much. I think I'm cautious due to a few prior losses. The first three months are rough - when you aren't showing quite yet but look like you're drinking a few beers every night. Oh well!!! I'm just sooooo happy that we're preggers - I'm living in the moment and hoping that little one implants and builds a big beautiful, health placenta!!!
#8 of 12 Old 11-03-2008, 03:28 AM

lol..I am looking forward to it. With dd, I never looked pregnant. EVER! I carried long, and wide, and not out - so I never had that cute belly. Plus I worked up until a week before I had her, was going to school and gradding from university as well, did a big major city move, and my husband was jobless for the last 3 months - so I didnt get to actually enjoy the pregnancy.

Bring on the large!

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#9 of 12 Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM

I thought I was a beautiful pregnant woman.. but I felt like crap. I've got m/s now, and last time I felt good for about one month until I got heartburn and backaches for the next 5 months.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#10 of 12 Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm new at this - I don't know yet how I'll feel about being super pregnant. I'm definitely curious to find out! I feel like I might sort of like it, but since I know is very unpleasant for some people...yeah. We'll see!
#11 of 12 Old 11-04-2008, 10:43 PM

Yeah, pregnancy was definitely not a joy for me. I had all day sickness (thankfully for only 6 weeks), heartburn from hell, monkey toes in my ribs, ligament pain, a crappy labor and delivery. Oh, and gestational diabetes. I'm mildly optimistic that this pregnancy will be more pleasant!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
#12 of 12 Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm actually anxiously waiting for it! : Like SoPac said (lol about looking like we've had a few beers) I don't like just looking bloated in the beginning. I love having that big belly (most of the time) and I'm going to try to cherish it knowing it will be the last time (even though that's what I did with Maya because I thought that was the last time. ) Of course I'm NOT looking forward to the back pain and sleepless nights.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page