Anyone have names picked out already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm obsessed with talking about baby names, but with DD and with this little bean, DH wouldn't talk about them until we got a BFP. With DD we had a name picked within about a week of the BFP! This bean is a little harder, but we have a few we like...

Lucas Paul (Paul is my father's and FIL's middle name)
Lucas Frederick (Frederick was my GF's name)
Liam Frederick

Lily/Lilian Kate
Chloe Faith
Sophia Hope

Anyone else???

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#2 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 AM

I've got to say I looove the name Lily. I might be a bit biased because our Lily is so fantastic though.

Our names we have in mind right now are Molly Beatrice and Finnegan Tate.

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#3 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 AM

We have only picked a name before the baby was born, 1 out of 5 times! LOL

We find that it helps a lot getting to know the baby first.
#4 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haren.13 View Post
Hi! I'm obsessed with talking about baby names, but with DD and with this little bean, DH wouldn't talk about them until we got a BFP. With DD we had a name picked within about a week of the BFP! This bean is a little harder, but we have a few we like...

Lucas Paul (Paul is my father's and FIL's middle name)
Lucas Frederick (Frederick was my GF's name)
Liam Frederick

Lily/Lilian Kate
Chloe Faith
Sophia Hope

Anyone else???
I'm not even sure that I'm pregnant yet, and I've been thinking of names for months!!! Baby names are always on my mind I *must* have a name for my baby early in the pregnancy, I feel like it's a person already and needs a name!!! With Connor's pregnancy, we didn't come up with a girl's name until a few weeks before my 20 week ultrasound, and it was driving me crazy to not have a name! Of course then he was a boy, so it didn't matter anyway.

I love the names on your list right now! Liam is a big favorite of ours, but sounds too similar to Ian (our oldest's name) Lucas was a name I suggested for Connor...but hubby was determined his name was going to be Connor.

For girls Lillian is already taken in our family (a cousin) but I've been thinking about both Chloe and Sophia! Sophia flows better with our last name (Block).

If I really am pregnant, then I'll be joining in this thread in earnest!!!! I love baby names!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#5 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM

If it is a girl,
Elizabeth Ann
Arabella (Bella) Jo

DH is being a total butt about every boy name I come up with, and the only two we even semi-agree on are Aaron and Ben. But I'm not in love with either.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#6 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM

With Maddie we didn't have a name literally until about 2 hours before we left the hospital (day 5), so this time i am getting a list together now, and we are only talking about ttc! LOL!

Boys:
Benjamen Patrick
Alexander Patrick

Girls:
Francis Corrine (or vice versa)
Charlotte (no middle name)
Leah (my mom's name)
Lillianne
Lydia

thats the short list....lol!

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#7 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 PM

I have known for months that if we have a boy he is Carlos. Although, we just learned that my husban's favorite uncle died yesterday - sad! - his name is Nick and my husband was named after him. I don't want another Nick or Nick Jr. but I was thinking maybe Nico ("Neeco"). We are bilingual Spanish so the names have to work in both languages.

With our little girl, we called her "little-little" the entire pregnancy. Then my husband came up with Leila when she was born and we learned we'd had a girl. It kept the L..L.. pattern so that fit nicely and it works in Spanish too!

Now, for a girl's name if we go all the way with this one....I really love the name "Shae" - short for Seamus - I think traditionally a boy's name- but Shae works for a girl too. I really don't want another name that ends in "uh" like Leila and our last name ends in "ie" so I think hard consonants sound best but Shae sounds alright.

Fun!!
#8 of 19 Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 PM

I've thought about names a lot, but my DH and I never seem to be able to decide for sure until we actually meet the baby.

We have a boy name and a girl name that is family-related that I would like to incorporate, either as a first or middle, but that's as far as we've gotten. Both DD and DS have family middle names, so this one will, too.
#9 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 AM

This is the perfect thread for me right now! We just got our BFP yesterday and I've been talking about names non-stop since then. lol Here are our favs so far...

Boy:
Rowan Woods
Redding

Girl:
Lyric
Story
...possibly Miranda for a mn or I would love to incorporate Dorothy (Dot? Dottie?) as a mn because both of my grandmothers' first names were Dorothy and they both past away in the last year. I was sooo close to the one who died in September.
#10 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 AM

DH hasn't agreed (yet), but I really love Veronica if this babe is a girl.

I don't have a boys name picked out yet.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#11 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 AM

I've told DH that if it's a boy, his name will be Jake. Not negotiable (I told him to think of it as my reward for natural child birth). We argued over boy names last time and I didn't even think of Jake until a couple of days after DS was born. DH wasn't willing to change his name so this time I get my way

For girls, we are considering:
Ellison/Ellie (this was our girl name last time)
Marley (but I'm worried about that movie coming out about the dog)
Mary (DH grandmother's name--we are both very fond of her)

I love Adele, Addison, and Cadence but DH isn't on board with any of them.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#12 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 02:26 AM

We have names that we like - but we wont decide on anything until we meet pie pants. Yes, we are calling the baby pie pants right now, actually dh is calling it blister (his combination of brother & sister)...weird I know. With Kahlan - it wasnt even a name that we had thought of, but none of the names we liked fit - so when we met her we though of something completely different, and Kahlan Amelie she became. (kahlan is pronounced Ka (short a) - lin)

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#13 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 11:07 AM

no way.

we have the worst time with names- case in point we changed our dd1's name at 5 months (yes after birth) because we kept waffling so much. its bad.

i have had my favorite girls names which dh has poo-pooed each time and we end up settling on ones i'm not really happy with just to HAVE a name...

anyhoo- some popular ones from last time were...

Astrid (my #1 from the time i was a young girl, however a frind of dh's beat us to it 2 years prior)
Seren (which i would like to at least use as a middle name as it was such a serendipitious conception!)
Marsaili

boys...

you know i don't even remember what we've had on our boy lists- we've never had one!

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#14 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 03:00 PM

My last one was a boy but we had a girl name picked out. For the last 4 yrs my DH kept saying he wanted one more so he could use the girl name-Ruby.
He would always say "come on, Ruby wants to come play with her siblings" when I would say "no more babies!"
Now he's sure it's a girl and already calling her Ruby.

If it's a boy he'll probably be Cade.

I have 3 baby name books that I've poured over so much with my 3 kids. I'm another one obsessed with names. Always looking for something a little different but with a good meaning.

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#15 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Hi! New here! Got a BFP on Nov. 1st, but I've been thinking about baby names for a lonnnnnnng time!

Lucas Paul - I like the family connection, although I'm not a fan of the name Paul. Lucas is a classic that is popular, but has been so for a long time. Not trendy at all.
Lucas Frederick - I loooove this one!
Liam Frederick - Liam is cute, but for me I prefer William nn Liam.
Good strong boys names. I think you've got a winner somewhere

Lily/Lilian Kate - I think it would be nice spelled Lillian Kate. I would stick with this, nn Lily. Lily is very popular right now. Lillian is very pretty and classy, and not too cutesy for an adult either.
Chloe Faith - Not a fan of Chloe. It doesn't seem to fit well on an adult.
Sophia Hope - I really like Sophia/Sophie but it's very very popular right now.
Lillian Kate is my favorite of your choices!
#16 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM

Names we like:

Oliver Noah
Abram Lucas
Judah Benjamin

Penelope Grace/Jane
Cecilia Louise
Josephine Lily
#17 of 19 Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM

We have Teagan Nicole for a girl and Bryce Mitchell for a boy!
#18 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubride0708 View Post
Names we like:

Oliver Noah
Abram Lucas
Judah Benjamin

Penelope Grace/Jane
Cecilia Louise
Josephine Lily
ooh- I like your names. Jude was our "boy name" for DD, DH vetoed Cecilia from my list, Louise/Louisa is one of my favorite names right now, and the others are lovely, too.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#19 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 PM

I love Jude, too! We're thinking for a girl -
Sage
Annabelle
Kateri
Anna

For a boy -
Samuel
Nathan
Nicholas

Middle names take us quite a while to figure out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page