How do I figure out my due date and how far along I am? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LMP was 10/13. I had a bfp on 11/4 (I have a way short cycle). So that means the dr would give me a due date of 7/20, right? And how far along am I? 3 weeks?? I've done this before but for someone reason I can't remember how to figure all this out. Thanks!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
#2 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM

Congrats! I put in your info at the due date calculator website with the average length of cycle as 22 days (the shortest time they allow) and they said 7/17. If you leave all the numbers default, and based on your LMP, then 7/20. If you wanted to do the math, I think you add 266 days to your LMP date.
#3 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM

Do you have any idea on which day you conceived? Or when you were ovulating? That would be most accurate, as calculating based on LMP when you don't have a 28 day cycle can be wonky.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#4 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link, Meliisa.

I think I ovulated on the 23rd and we dtd that night. That was cd 11. Then I had a bfp on 11/4, which was 12 dpo (cd 23). I think my luteal phase is usually 13-14 days. So according to the calculator thingie, I'm due 7/17 and I'm 4 weeks today. Dang that's early! lol

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
#5 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 PM

Yes, a conception date of around October 23, would make an EDD of 7/16. So anywhere around there. Even if your doctor insists on basing your EDD on your LMP, at least it's in your favor (meaning, you get a few extra days before any worries of 'postdates', etc). It's women with extra LONG cycles who have a huge fight to battle, sometimes.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#6 of 6 Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I was thinking, Rhea. I think I'll just give them my lmp date and not even mention ovulation/short cycles/etc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page