Forum Jump: 

#61 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom View Post
hi ladies!!! i'm so excited to be here.

i was in the june ddc and had a m/c and just tested positive today!!! my m/c pregnancy was completely accidental but after losing it, i realized i really wanted one more. our financial situation isn't so great right not but i know things will work out.
i don't even know what this bella band is that you guys are talking about. i feel like i haven't been pregnant in FOREVER (youngest dd is 4 1/2) and there are so many new products out there. OMG, i didn't even know that they made digital pg tests until last month. LOL
That was my husband's favorite comeback when I would say that I wanted another baby. The truth is that if we all waited until we felt financially ready, then the world would be a sparsely populated place. I don't think that we are ever financially ready, but when the time comes, you make do. I started taking my breakfast and lunch to work, and I'm saving almost $200 a month. DH was so impressed he's doing it too now.

Best of luck with your little bean, and it's nice to have you here.

Brandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangofandango View Post
Does anyone know if the Bella Band is superior to other brands that make something very similar?
This is a question that I am dying to know the answer to! There was a thread about it yesterday in the Pregnancy forum. I still don't quite have an answer, though.

Quote:
i realized i really wanted one more. our financial situation isn't so great right not but i know things will work out.
Welcome and congrats! My DH always says that there will never be a good time to have a baby. Right now is a terrible time for us, too. Our apartment is too small, I had just gone back to school. We weren't planning on having another. Until we decided that we really wanted another. We'll find a way to make it work and you will, too.

love.gif

#63 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 02:42 PM

I agree, there's no "perfect" time for babies but it always works out!

I'm getting my butt kicked today with my first serious bout with nausea. It's come in waves a few other times but last night I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was going to have to run to the bathroom and now this morning I can't even stand to be in the kitchen. So much for doing the dishes that didn't get done last night! I guess I know what hubby is doing tonight.

I'm trying to muster up the energy to run this afternoon. I know I'll feel way better after, but my sleepy head needs some convincing.

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#64 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Brandy, you are so right! and that's awesome that you are saving somuch on your food bill.

pinksprkly, thanks!

kim, you're a runner too? i have been running since my youngest was a baby and i LOVE it! i'm vowing this pg to run regularly. i hope your nausea eases and that you kick yourself out the door.

i am going to go get my morning chores done and get the kids ready for our hour long trek down the hill to see the dentist. it takes forever with 4 cleanings but it's really nice that they can all go in together now. i also need to stop at the hardware store to get a new tube for my jogger so that I can run tomorrow.

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

#65 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
kim, you're a runner too? i have been running since my youngest was a baby and i LOVE it! i'm vowing this pg to run regularly. i hope your nausea eases and that you kick yourself out the door.

i am going to go get my morning chores done and get the kids ready for our hour long trek down the hill to see the dentist. it takes forever with 4 cleanings but it's really nice that they can all go in together now. i also need to stop at the hardware store to get a new tube for my jogger so that I can run tomorrow.
I am indeed a runner! It's nice to see another pregnant runner out there. I've run on and off for the past 10 years and got back into it seriously this summer. I ran my second half marathon this summer and it was fantastic. Pregnancy certainly does put a different spin on things though! This is my first time running through a pregnancy and I'll see how many weeks I can keep at it. I've got access to a gym now so at least I'll be able to stay off the icy sidewalks!

Good luck with the dentist visit and finding a new tube for your stroller!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#66 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 PM

goodness, running sounds overwhelming right now.... I just want to take my dog out for a walk. He's a big boy and he needs the excersise, we used to live in the country, but moved about 2 months ago. Living in the city is totally different and he's been acting out. I was walking him at least 3 days a week, but haven't gotten out with him in at least 2 weeks. I miss it.

My daughter has been home sick with a cold this week, I am so tired of runny noses and barking coughs... please let me stay healthy. I'm worried that coughing would swiftly become puking.

Anyone interested in reading a very long and intimate birth story? I have been thinking about giving birth again and thought I would post my son's birth story in my blog. I feel the need to wrap my head around the idea of giving birth... it's silly because really giving birth is a long way off, but.... I guess I just want to feel prepared.

I've been neglecting my blog terribly, but suspect I might start writing in it a lot more now that we have high speed internet and I'm pregnant. I always become more introspective when pregnant. But once the baby arrives... poof I dissappear.

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#67 of 153 Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Beautiful birth story banana girl! I laughed and cried. Thanks for reminding me of what's to come

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#68 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana girl View Post
goodness, running sounds overwhelming right now.... I just want to take my dog out for a walk. He's a big boy and he needs the excersise, we used to live in the country, but moved about 2 months ago. Living in the city is totally different and he's been acting out. I was walking him at least 3 days a week, but haven't gotten out with him in at least 2 weeks. I miss it.

My daughter has been home sick with a cold this week, I am so tired of runny noses and barking coughs... please let me stay healthy. I'm worried that coughing would swiftly become puking.

Anyone interested in reading a very long and intimate birth story? I have been thinking about giving birth again and thought I would post my son's birth story in my blog. I feel the need to wrap my head around the idea of giving birth... it's silly because really giving birth is a long way off, but.... I guess I just want to feel prepared.

I've been neglecting my blog terribly, but suspect I might start writing in it a lot more now that we have high speed internet and I'm pregnant. I always become more introspective when pregnant. But once the baby arrives... poof I dissappear.
That is a lovely birth story. Whereabout are you in WI? I am in a suburb of Milwaukee.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#69 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 AM

What an amazing birth story banana girl! It sounds like it was a very moving experience, and your writing style made it seem like I was right there watching it.

So my run today turned out to be a good idea. The first few minutes I was pretty touch and go with the nausea but once I warmed up a bit I felt fantastic. I felt the best I did all day in the middle of my run. This will definitely spur me on to not let fatigue and nausea pull me away from exercising!

#70 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 AM

kim, great to hear about your run! running on weekdays is always tough for me with the hills and the jogger and tagalong older kids but the weekends are what i look forward to ,running alone while dh is at home with them. awesome that you've run half-marathons!!! the longest i've run is 3 hours straight, no good idea on distance because we're out in the mountains and i can't drive my trail runs to see how long they are. i live just a couple miles from the western states trail and i have a secret dream to someday run the WS100. i take the kids every year to cheer the runners on as they come through town.

anna, i hope your dd feels well soon and that you stay healthy! i'm going to go check out your birth story too now. that must be tough leaving the country for the city. we left the suburbs four years ago to live in the country and i just can't imagine going back. how are you coping and why did you leave?

we were at the dentist 3 1/2 hours but it's all done now. whew! the drive down on bumpy roads made me feel slightly queasy but i was grateful for that.

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

#71 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 AM

anna -- sorry everyone is feeling yukky over there.

KimProbable -- yay on the run! I used to run when I lived on the West Coast and I could do it outside year round. But 8 months of winter has kind of cramped my style.

Ug, my toddler has been waking up sometime between 3 and 4 every morning and nursing for an hour or more straight, then getting up for the day. My older ds always wakes up between 4 and 5, so then they are both up and if I don't get up with them my toddler is inevitably doing something dangerous. I have to figure out some way to stop it, because I am wearing out. Maybe if I got up and took my toddler pee right away and then had water to give him right away after his first switch of sides he would be happy. As it is, he just switches sides every 10 min the whole time. I am really wearing out from this.

I think thats part of the reason I don't feel too too pregnant; I was so tired and run down already that this isn't that much different.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#72 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 PM

jill, 8 months winter? wow, over here on the west coast, even in the lower mountains where we are, i can't imagine!!! i've always wanted more snow and i guess you've got it!

that sounds SO exhausting with your morning situation. have you tried blackout shades or is it not the sun that's waking them up? my toddlers always nursed like that too and ihad to do like you said when i was pregnant and nursing them. i would keep a sippy cup at the bed, even a couple crackers because they were always wanting to get up to eat and just try my darnedest to keep them in bed with me. i really hope you get this figured out, i feel tired just thinking about it!

Christie

#73 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

We into day 4 of night weaning. DH has been sleeping with him in his own room.. it was awful the first 2 nights, but the last 2 nights have not been too bad, and I have been sleeping great with the new arrangement! He still nurses a lot during the day.

I am skipping class today, and I'm gonna call in sick for work this afternoon too.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#74 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Just jumping in to say hi!

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#75 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck LizzyQ with weaning!

Anyone else getting overly emotional already? I can't believe what I wreck I can be at a drop of a hat. I cried reading the obits yesterday and I didn't know anyone!
I cried like crazy while watching The Business of being Born the other day.
I can't even read birth stories right now because I just fall apart
I don't remember getting emotional until much later with my previous pregnancies.

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#76 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Good luck LizzyQ! I wish I could nightwean DS. I tried last month, but it takes longer than a week and he shares a room with his sister every-other-week. Even if I am holding him, the fact that I won't let him nurse makes him yell. Plus I feel guilty. But I am so darn tired.

jilly - My toddler is an early bird, too. He is a troublemaker, so I can't let him wander about awake either. Lately, he's been getting up at 5, then going back to bed at 6:30. By that time, I'm already too awake to go back to bed. Grrrrrr.

love.gif

#77 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksprklybarefoot View Post
Good luck LizzyQ! I wish I could nightwean DS. I tried last month, but it takes longer than a week and he shares a room with his sister every-other-week. Even if I am holding him, the fact that I won't let him nurse makes him yell. Plus I feel guilty. But I am so darn tired.
That's why DH is with him, and not me. If he is with me he will scream until I nurse him. This way, he knows that DH is there to offer comfort but not nursing.

I tried night weaning with him still in bed with me, but he just screamed all night. Can your DH sleep with your DS in the other room? Can his sister have a living room camp-out while she is there?

#78 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 PM

lizzyq- nightweaning is hard but this won't last forever. soon, both you and dh will be sleeping much better hopefully.

hi reha!

ann, i too am pretty emotional. i hate how erratic it is. one minute, i am just lovey dovey with my kiddos and the next i'm ready to scream at them!

i'm so ticked today. i bought green slime to fill up my jogger tires and i just can't figure out how to do it. grrr. will have dh do it tonight so i can run tomorrow. my goal is to run 4 days a week and i will have to run the next 3 days straight to make that this week.

i gain SO much weight when pg and i cave into ALL my terrible cravings but i swear, i will not do that this time. i just don't want to deal with being a slug this time. i want ONE healthy, fit pregnancy.

Christie

#79 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 PM

I was exaggerating, actually. 7 months is more accurate -- Oct to April. We were lucky this year not to get snow until Nov, and we often still have snow on the ground (like serious amounts of snow) in early April. I was on the West Coast (coastal British Columbia) for 10 years before I moved here, so I think its pretty ridiculous. Before that I was just north of Duluth, but winter started a few weeks later and ended in March. I find the extra month makes a huge difference.

I thought black out shades might be the issue in the summer, but its dark here until 7:30 or 8 now, so its not that. My older son just doesn't ever sleep more than 9 or 10 hrs, so he goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up around 5. The most annoying thing is that my toddler isn't an early riser. He just doesn't like it if I'm up with his brother and not him. And DS1 tries to wake up earlier so he CAN get time alone with me before DS2 wakes up.

I'm going to try the taking DS2 pee and having a sippy cup there this morning. Hopefully he'll go back to sleep so I can actually feel sane tomorrow.

LizzyQ -- good luck with the night weaning. It can be so hard. DS1 cries for about 3 days, and then just stayed awake all night for a few more days and then woke about once a week after that. DS2 took about 2 weeks of crying for hours in the night and refusing to ride in the sling, sit in the rocking chair, or do anything but sit up on the couch and scream. Finally one night after two hours of this, I just put him on the floor and said, "I know you can go to sleep without nursing. Now go to sleep." He blinked a couple of times, and collapsed backwards and fell asleep. It was pretty funny. I didn't move him; he slept the rest of the night in the middle of the living room floor. Hopefully your little one will be pretty easy.

AnnR33 -- I was almost crying today because an radio announcer who I don't even really like only has one week left before he's moving away. I always get really emotional the whole time -- my poor husband has to walk on eggshells for 9 months.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#80 of 153 Old 11-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR33 View Post
Good luck LizzyQ with weaning!

Anyone else getting overly emotional already? I can't believe what I wreck I can be at a drop of a hat. I cried reading the obits yesterday and I didn't know anyone!
I cried like crazy while watching The Business of being Born the other day.
I can't even read birth stories right now because I just fall apart
I don't remember getting emotional until much later with my previous pregnancies.
ME! My friend who knows I am pregnant brought over chinese food for lunch for us and the kids and I teared up. I think BoBB would have made me cry regardless of whether I was pregnant or not. I made the mistake of watching Reign Over Me yesterday while the girls took their naps and I sat sobbing on the couch by myself.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#81 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM

how are you guys doing?

i was having a great morning until i found out that my favorite Aunt Kathy died last night. I knew she was very ill (even though she's only 49) and in the ICU but after she tested positive for MRSA (super serious bug that doesn't respond to treatment) i chose not to go see her because i was afraid that i would get it. i feel SO selfish and bad now. i really wanted to hold her hand and kiss her good-bye...

getting the kids ready to sit in fron of a movie while i take the littlest one on a run with me. it's been four days since i've ran last and i'm anxious to get out there.

Christie

#82 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 PM

Calmom, so sorry about your aunt. For what it's worth, you were probably right to be careful.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#83 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM

Calmom, so sorry about your aunt.

Homebirth midwife
#84 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM

I'm so tired of this stage of pregnancy. Seriously! I can't wait until I have a nice little (or big) belly and can feel the baby moving, etc. It would make everything I'm going through now feel so much more worth it.

I'm starving and thirsty most of the time, but I can't drink water too fast, or it makes me feel sick, and most food makes me wanna gag....but I'm hungry!

I can't believe I'm not even 6 weeks. The thought of feeling like this for another 1-2 months is scary. I'm thinking about canceling Thanksgiving, too. I am the cook in my family, and everyone was coming over. Well, seeing as how I can barely stand the smell of toast, I don't know how I'll manage to cook, even on a small scale.

Homebirth midwife
#85 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

i was having a great morning until i found out that my favorite Aunt Kathy died last night. I knew she was very ill (even though she's only 49) and in the ICU but after she tested positive for MRSA (super serious bug that doesn't respond to treatment) i chose not to go see her because i was afraid that i would get it. i feel SO selfish and bad now. i really wanted to hold her hand and kiss her good-bye...
so sorry about your aunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reha View Post
I'm so tired of this stage of pregnancy. Seriously! I can't wait until I have a nice little (or big) belly and can feel the baby moving, etc. It would make everything I'm going through now feel so much more worth it.

I'm starving and thirsty most of the time, but I can't drink water too fast, or it makes me feel sick, and most food makes me wanna gag....but I'm hungry!

I can't believe I'm not even 6 weeks. The thought of feeling like this for another 1-2 months is scary. I'm thinking about canceling Thanksgiving, too. I am the cook in my family, and everyone was coming over. Well, seeing as how I can barely stand the smell of toast, I don't know how I'll manage to cook, even on a small scale.
I can't wait for this stage to pass either. I'm having a hard time drinking tap water (even with a filter), the only water I can stand is spring water from MIL's house- which is 30 miles away! DH is bringing some home today, luckily!

I'm usually the cook in the family too, but luckily I decided before I got PG that we're going to do more of a potluck this year. I am only in charge of 3 things: pumpkin pie (frozen), mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean casserole (all vegan).

We sometimes have a duel family thanksgiving with my parents and DH's family. It works out well. Most everything is made vegan, beside the actual turkey for the meat-eaters in the family (there are very few of them).

#86 of 153 Old 11-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Hey all, I'm officially butt'n in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaveggie View Post
ME! My friend who knows I am pregnant brought over chinese food for lunch for us and the kids and I teared up.
Honestly, if someone brought me food that didn't make me nauseous, I think I'd tear up too - that one might be valid and not overly emotional at this stage in the game.

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#87 of 153 Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 AM

calmom - I'm sorry about your aunt. Try not to beat yourself up about your decision to stay away. It was probably the wise one, although a difficult one to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
That's why DH is with him, and not me. If he is with me he will scream until I nurse him. This way, he knows that DH is there to offer comfort but not nursing.

I tried night weaning with him still in bed with me, but he just screamed all night. Can your DH sleep with your DS in the other room? Can his sister have a living room camp-out while she is there?
I wish I could! We have some friends that used that technique and it worked for them, too. DH never gets up with DS because in addition to working his normal job, he works a night job four times/week (to pay off debts and save for school). So I would feel guilty about having him get up all night on a night that he would normally catch up on sleep. Also, on Sunday mornings, I go into work *really* early and if DS wakes up during that time, he will scream if DH has to comfort him. I guess he is really a mama's boy right now.

I've found a good-enough-for-now solution. I'll lay down with DS on the couch for a few minutes, nurse, then lay him back down in his crib. That way I don't wake up too much, and he seems to go back to bed faster this way. Last night he only woke up three times, including once at 6:00 am, and he went back to sleep (thus I am on MDC).

Once the baby gets here, DH gets a generous paternity leave, so he'll probably take so time off of both jobs for a few weeks. We might do the tag-team nightwean then (not that he knows this yet ). I'll have little sympathy for him at that point because I'll be up all night every night for who knows how long.

Now for the good news - I'm going shopping today! All by myself. No kids whining to go to "the Princess aisle" in Target, no feeding DS crackers to mollify him, no worrying about him escaping out of the dressing room when I am half-clothed, no stroller, no diaper bag, no strapping, unstrapping, re-strapping into carseats with every stop. Yay! I probably won't buy much, but I want to start trying on maternity clothes as things are already getting tight (this is ridiculous - I am as big now as I was at 12 weeks last time). I am so excited about this.

love.gif

#88 of 153 Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksprklybarefoot View Post
Now for the good news - I'm going shopping today! All by myself.
Have fun! Anything alone is such a treat, hey? I popped out for an hour to Old Navy one evening this week and although I didn't find any maternity stuff I liked (read: that was on clearance, because I wasn't buying that $50 sweater!) it was fantastic to get out alone for a bit.

So I'm getting my butt kicked by a head cold. Sick fatigue on top of first trimester fatigue is quite interesting! DH let me sleep in until 10:30 this morning so I'm feeling better rested today. I'm so glad when I'm sick over the weekend instead of during the week when I'm on my own with the kids!

We're going out to a lighting of the Christmas lights downtown today which should be a fun kick-off to the season. I can't believe Christmas is creeping up on us so quickly! We've only had one day of snow so far and in my mind you need mountains of snow for it to feel like Christmas.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

#89 of 153 Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 PM

thanks, guys. i'm trying not to feel too guilty. she had been in a coma so i keep telling myself that she wouldn't have known if i wsa there anyway. my mom asked me to write her obituary and oh man, that plus pregnancy hormones is too much.

pinksprkly, glad you've found a temporary solution and enjoy your shopping trip!

lizzyq, we have a mostly vegan thanksgiving too! actually half the family are meat eaters but they bring their own meat and we cook all of our vegan stuff. my parents and sister are vegetarian but they go to great lengths to choose vegan ingredients. yay!

Kim, i hope you kick that head cold. glad to hear your dh is so considerate. the tree lighting does sound fun. i love the holidays.

Reha, I hear you. i too can't wait to have a little belly and feel him/her move. i'm trying so hard not to rush myself through this pg though. i really want to enjoy each and every day, even the unpleasant ones. ha!

i went on my run yesterday and today. i had to walk the uphills though i was so out of breath! tomorrow is our 13th wedding anniversary and dh's grandma will watch the kids, i'm so excited. today, i'm going to precook their dinner so she doesn't have to and look onine for the new movies. we don't get tv reception so i have no idea what's out there!

Christie

#90 of 153 Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 PM

I had my first appt this morning, and my OB did an ultrasound. Of course at 5w2d, all we have is a yolk sac, but he is in my uterus! She's going to do another one 12/15 to date me, so it's going to be a long month. The only thing I didn't like was when I told her that I wanted to go natural childbirth- she replied that they won't give me a trophy if I do it. But, she laughed and told me that she would go with whatever I chose to do. And, she's supportive of bf, so that's a bonus.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page