How am I going to make it through the holidays? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel so tired and nautious. I don't see how I am going to be able to cook Thanksgiving dinner, finish holiday shopping and do my dd's birthday party. The worst of my morning sickness should be done around christmas itself, but we are so busy before then. I just want to lay down and go to sleep by 3pm everyday. Anyone else completely worn out?

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Thanksgiving is on hold here. Thankfully I've done most of the Christmas shopping. . and have a bit of time to worry about dd's birthday.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-08-2008, 06:21 PM

i hear ya.

i've tried to order things online here and there and get the "big" gifts out of the way before nausea puts me in a 2 month headlock. in fact, i'm hoping it doesn't hit too hard before i have to be "special helper" at my eldest daughter's kindergarten next week. standing in a crowded hallway with 30 other people and their "hair smell" twice a day during pick up and drop off may just about do me in.

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM

I am beyond tired. I don't know how I'm going to function for the next couple of months. And seriously, if nausea sets in, I'm done. Today I'm going to try to push my way through it and make myself get lots of stuff done. I'll be doing lots of shopping online for the holidays. And thank goodness our family lives in town and they will be taking care of Thanksgiving! I just have to deal with my ds's birthday party next weekend.

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
standing in a crowded hallway with 30 other people and their "hair smell" twice a day may just about do me in.
: Closest thing I could find for a shudder.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Old 11-08-2008, 07:47 PM

You know I didn't really think about Thanksgiving as a problem and I offered to host! Every night when I lay down with the baby, no matter what time, I fall asleep. I've been so beat. And cranky too. Oh, what have I gotten myself into!? I am going to try to find someone else to volunteer.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

Old 11-08-2008, 10:25 PM

I am absolutely exhausted!!! By the time the bell rings at 3:15 to go home I could just go to bed. The other day I came home and layed down on the couch while Alex was playing and I was still asleep two hours later when dh got home. Opps. so much for dinner.

Luckiy as far as the holidays go, I am luckily not going to have to cook. We will go over to my parents for Christmas dinner. Although for Thanksgiving we are going to be driving to FL to see the inlaws and that is about an 8hour trip. Not looking foward to that though. My back hurts after sitting too long now and I have started getting car sick.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 PM

I usually cook most of Thanksgiving dinner every year, but this year I am only make 3 things- green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and a frozen pumpkin pie.

For some reason, the thought of gravy grosses me out!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 11-08-2008, 10:50 PM

My SIL is hosting Thanksgiving...and she is due the week before--which means she will be either huge and preggo or (more likely, because her first was early) have a brand new baby...I'll be preggo feeling icky and we'll have our 18 and 19mo toddlers. I think her parents will be in town and do the cooking though--should be interesting lol. I think we are going to my MIL's for Christmas (probably 1-2wks prior actually) so I am really looking forward to that...I always get to relax when I'm with DH's family. New Year's will be at ours or my moms and either way should be pretty chill.

I think the hardest thing is going to be if the food smells bad..but so far Chinese and seafood is the only food that's really bothered me...I can't walk by a restaurant without feeling like I'm going to vomit lol.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I usually cook most of Thanksgiving dinner every year, but this year I am only make 3 things- green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and a frozen pumpkin pie.
Is this frozen pumpkin pie you speak of vegan? And where can I obtain one?

I had the worst pumpkin pie cravings during my last pregnancy. Problem with that is they started in July. Try finding pumpkin pie in July!

love.gif

User Tag List