Another symptom question... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in the chat thread, but decided to make it a separate post incase anyone else is worrying about symptoms.

With my last pregnancy, I had horrible morning sickness by the end of 5 weeks. I'm 6 weeks 2 days today, and haven't really had ms or the extreme food aversions and smell sensitivity that I had with DD. I have had some brief periods of feeling funky, but not consistent ms. I know I should be happy about it since my ms was so bad last time, but it has me so worried. I don't have the horrible exhaustion yet, either. I do have other symptoms - sore breasts, constant hunger, some foods just don't appeal to me AT ALL. One of my friends is also pregnant, and her symptoms kicked in later with this pregnancy than her first, so I'm sure that is what is happening to me, but it worries me. I have been proactive this time and started taking B-6 right away, I make sure that every meal has protein in it, and I make sure to eat as soon as I feel hungry. That may be why I'm not feeling as bad as I did with her

Even though I know each pregnancy can be different, I'm still worried becuase this one feels so different than the last. Is there anyone else on here who isn't having exrtreme symptoms yet? If this is your second, third, fourth or whatever number child, how do your symptoms compare this time to the last time(s)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 05:06 PM

I've had two full term pregnancies, two early (by 6.5w) m/c and one m/c at 8.5 w, and now this pregnancy (I'm 6.5w right now). So 6 pregnancies and ALL have been very different.

When pregnant with DD I had almost no morning sickness but was incredibly fatigued for the entire first trimester.

The two early m/c I had only slight symptoms. One nothing other than feling hot. The other I had sore nipples and fatigue.

When pregnant with DS I had very few symptoms. . some fatigue, crankiness.

For the later m/c I was often woozy (but no morning sickness) and tired.

This time around I'm having hot and cold flashes and feel almost constantly nauseous.

Every pregnancy really is different.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM

This is my second pregnancy but I'm still very early (4weeks, 4 days) so who knows how I'll be feeling in the next few days or weeks. So far, though, I'm just very tired. My boobs are a little sore and heavier. I feel hungry quite often but no nausea. I don't have any food aversions but I'm not craving chocolate like I used to. Oh, and I tear up quite easily (dang hormones! lol). Last time, I had absolutely no boob tenderness. I was very tired. I had all day nausea last time, starting at week 5 and ending at week 11. Oh, and this time I've been so hot already. That didn't come along til much later last pregnancy. So, some things are the same and some are different. I know how you feel with the worry. I've been worrying, too, especially since it's so early. I just want to get past the first tri...then I'll feel like things are going to be okay!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM

So far my only symptom is a missed period and a positive pregnancy test I am 5w and 1D. Last time, I had horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE gas. Nothing at all this time. I really didn't even think I was pregnant when I did the test - I just take it when my period is a few days late but I'm so irregular, being late usually means nothing...

User Tag List