So who's here? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
August 2009 > So who's here?
Stevi's Avatar Stevi 04:08 PM 12-07-2008
I'm due August 14th, 2009.

I'll be 40 then, I'm 39 now.

This will be my first child, second pregnancy, the first ended in miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks. This pregnancy was achieved on my first full cycle following the miscarriage.

I'm single and hopefully will be able to be a WAHM!!

thedenverduo's Avatar thedenverduo 07:58 PM 12-07-2008
Hi! I am new to the Mothering discussion boards so please forgive me for any mistakes I might make (:

:

I am 22, have been married to my wonderful dh for 2 and half years, and just found out we are expecting! I chart pretty diligently so I think I am due around August 15th. I really look forward to everyone's wisdom in the coming months. We plan on having a home-birth, cosleeping, and not vaxing. God willing we will be able to do all of that.

Any other first time mom's out there?

... I am so excited for you all!!! Here's hoping to happy healthy babies.
expat-mama's Avatar expat-mama 08:28 PM 12-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedenverduo View Post
Hi! I am new to the Mothering discussion boards so please forgive me for any mistakes I might make (:

:

Any other first time mom's out there?

... I am so excited for you all!!! Here's hoping to happy healthy babies.
Welcome to MDC- it's a pretty great place! AND CONGRATULATIONS!
I'll be a first-time mom and there a couple more in this due date club. Maybe we should make a thread!
Evergreen's Avatar Evergreen 09:02 PM 12-07-2008
I've been waiting to test because I didn't want a false negative. But it seems there are some on this thread with EDDs the same as mine, so I guess I will take one this week.
JuniperMama's Avatar JuniperMama 02:17 AM 12-08-2008
Ok I guess its time to sign in.

I took 2 tests on Saturday and 2 again on Sunday and all were BFP! (Yes, I'm a goof, I did the same thing when we got pregnant with our son.) I am due around 8.14.09 I think...

I am a little surprised only because we weren't really trying. The "goalie was out of the box" as they say and I was paying attention to CM but not temping or charting or anything... Based on CM, I'm hoping we timed right for a girl. I come from a 2 kid boy/girl family and I'd love to have the same.

I am 33 now, I'll be 34 when this little one comes.
I've been married to DH for 10 years and we have one DS who is 4, will be barely 5 when the new one arrives.

Very excited to be here. I had super severe anxiety and worry when I was pregnant with DS and I'm really hoping that we don't have that again this time around.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 02:21 AM 12-08-2008
I have one of each but they're both by my Ex... dbf wanted one or two of his own... and although he's deploying in February and thus will miss pretty much all of the pregnancy past conception, we did it anyway...

this morning i got a faint, but there, bfp.

Testing again tomorrow morning and hoping its at least dark enough to see easily.
momanderson's Avatar momanderson 02:47 AM 12-08-2008
My name is Erin. I'm a 31 year old SAHM. Dh is 38. We've been married 11 years, have 5 children so far! A 10 year old boy with special needs, a 7 year old girl, 5year old girl, 3 year old boy and almost 1 year old boy. Hoping for a girl to even the score!

I think my due date is August 6, but I'm sure that will change. Hoping for a home birth or at least a hospital birth with midwife.

Congrats to everyone else here :
aydensmama's Avatar aydensmama 03:06 AM 12-08-2008
I am Heather, 28 year old mommy to Ayden who is 4 and Mason who is 2. I have posted here, more around the pregnancies and births of my little ones, and I am excited to be back! I am married to my college sweetheart for almost 5 years.

I got a very early positive on 9 DPO. I really think that I am 11 DPO, but my chart says otherwise.

Expected due date 8/20/09!

:
BeauGeek's Avatar BeauGeek 12:15 PM 12-08-2008
I'm peaking in here. !!!!!!!!

I'm due August 15th, 2009 : &

I'm Jen (26 & will be then), married to Ray for 5 years, together for 9. I have two kids who are in my sig.

Glad to be in the AUG 09 board with all of you!
NaturalMindedMomma's Avatar NaturalMindedMomma 12:42 PM 12-08-2008
Torre here!!! YAY AUGUST MOMMAS! Is anyone else going to wear a bikini to the beach this july?? I AM HAHAHAHA...

My intro.. I'm 24, I am engaged to a wonderful man named Jose. He is 24 as well. He has 2 children from his previous marriage, whom I love. Jospeh is 6, Aaliyah is 5, I have a little girl named Abrielle from a previous relationship who is 19 months. So this is number 4 for us!!! We are so excited!!!

I attempted a homebirth with Abrielle and transferred by choice after 36 hours of labor at home. I went on to have a wonderful (but medicated) vaginal birth. This time I am hoping for the natural birth I wanted last time. We chose to birth at the hospital with midwives and use my homebirth midwife as my doula. Jose is very supportive and I am convinced with him by my side we can have a natural birth. I was unable to breastfeed Abrielle, I did try and she had breastmilk for the first 3 weeks. This time I plan on exclusively breastfeeding. I asked that no bottles and no pump be available to me. We are also going to cloth diaper (abrielle was partially cded).

ANyway, welcome and congrats to all you pregnant mamas!!!
Mamabeakley's Avatar Mamabeakley 06:22 PM 12-08-2008
Hi!

I LOOOVED my MDC due date club last time I was pg so I'm excited to be on here. And also excited to be pg!

I am 31, 32 in January, married to DH for 10 years. We have DS1, 4 1/2 and DS2, 2 1/2. We've been trying . . . with not great timing until last month . . . to conceive since September, which is longer than we've ever tried before - but still not very long.

EDD based on ovulation will be 8/14. This will be a homebirth, as were my first two - and as was I!

I am also a Birthing From Within Mentor and Doula . . .

Take care!
mama*pisces's Avatar mama*pisces 06:57 PM 12-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeakley View Post
Hi!

I LOOOVED my MDC due date club last time I was pg so I'm excited to be on here. And also excited to be pg!

I am 31, 32 in January, married to DH for 10 years. We have DS1, 4 1/2 and DS2, 2 1/2. We've been trying . . . with not great timing until last month . . . to conceive since September, which is longer than we've ever tried before - but still not very long.

EDD based on ovulation will be 8/14. This will be a homebirth, as were my first two - and as was I!

I am also a Birthing From Within Mentor and Doula . . .

Take care!
Oh my gosh, hi MamaBeakley(don't know if you remember me, but I've popped into the May 06 thread a couple of times)! Well, that was fast....I saw you for like a second in the 30 something ttc forum, and now we're both here! lol Welcome and congrats!!

That's very cool that you are a Birthing from Within mentor and doula....that's definitely on my 'to read' list.
Michigan Mama's Avatar Michigan Mama 07:11 PM 12-08-2008
Hey everyone, I'm in, too!

Due around 8/15 I think. I'm 30, I have one ds, 22 mo and we are so happy to be expecting #2. I had one m/c before my ds, so we are cautiously excited. Won't tell too many people until a little more time passes.

Will be praying for all you Mamas!
anabellee's Avatar anabellee 01:50 AM 12-09-2008
hi! I'm anne, dh is J. we've got 2 boys Isaak (3.5) and Joe (22mths this mth). Joe is still nursing so we're planning on tandem. this wasn't really a planned baby, weren't trying or preventing (long story). we bd'd 3 days before O so we're hoping for a girl!
BeauGeek's Avatar BeauGeek 10:00 AM 12-09-2008
Anne- Glad to see your here also!!
Olives's Avatar Olives 01:24 PM 12-09-2008
I really can't believe I'm posting here. I'm 27 but turning 28 in a week and DH is 31 this is our first child.

DH and I have been trying for a very long time and were in the process of starting a domestic adoption. When my period didn't show up on time around CD27 I waited and waited and waited until yesterday late in the evening to test, CD 31. This may sound silly but yesterday was the day Catholics celebrate the Immaculate Conception and I figured if I was going to get a positive I should go for it on that special day.

I flipped out when I saw the test say pregnant... and still get weepy just thinking about it.

DH and I miscarried a baby at 7 weeks 2 years ago so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but I'm just soooo happy it is nearly impossible to keep myself in check.
camelfam's Avatar camelfam 06:15 PM 12-09-2008
Hi! Just took the test yesterday so I am joining the August 2009 due date club! I estimate that I am due around mid-August.

My name is Missy and I am SAHM to my almost two-year-old DD. I had her via c-section and hopeful that I'll be able to try a VBAC. I would love to find support here on that. I can't wait to get to know all of you!
Stevi's Avatar Stevi 06:51 PM 12-09-2008
Welcome and congratulations camelfam!!!!
redpajama's Avatar redpajama 07:08 PM 12-09-2008
I just tested this morning, and it looks like I'll be due in mid-August.

I'm Susan, I'm 27 (until February), and I have Samuel (4 in February) and Lucie (just turned 2 in November). I'm an apprentice midwife who is currently trying to imagine what effect this pregnancy/baby will have on my apprenticeship. I'm into photography, and music, and co-housing.

We're not telling a lot of people yet, either. I'm thinking maybe we'll tell our families at Christmas, and everyone else shortly thereafter.

So...yeah...that's me.
Jilian's Avatar Jilian 02:04 PM 12-10-2008
Hi : I just got a very faint BFP today after 4 mos of trying. I'm 29 and my name is Jill, we're in SW FL. I have two wonderful boys ages 5 and 18 mos, this will be my third baby and 4th pregnancy. I'm anxious and excited. DS2 was born with a life-threatening congenital heart defect that we didn't know about until it was almost too late so I'm a little scared this time around. But I'm still very excited! Nice to "meet" you all.
sunshynbaby's Avatar sunshynbaby 07:55 PM 12-10-2008
I'm Sunshine, and this is my first pregnancy. I have been married to a wonderful man for three years. He is elated! My current "babies" include two adorable dogs and a cat (ABBA, Willow, and Anya). I'm 32, a gemini, and work full time at a non-profit. The baby will be due around August 7th!

:
Turquesa's Avatar Turquesa 08:16 PM 12-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olives View Post
I really can't believe I'm posting here. I'm 27 but turning 28 in a week and DH is 31 this is our first child.

DH and I have been trying for a very long time and were in the process of starting a domestic adoption. When my period didn't show up on time around CD27 I waited and waited and waited until yesterday late in the evening to test, CD 31. This may sound silly but yesterday was the day Catholics celebrate the Immaculate Conception and I figured if I was going to get a positive I should go for it on that special day.

I flipped out when I saw the test say pregnant... and still get weepy just thinking about it.

DH and I miscarried a baby at 7 weeks 2 years ago so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but I'm just soooo happy it is nearly impossible to keep myself in check.
Mama, I'm so happy for you!! : And I'm enjoying reading all of these posts!

I'm 33 and "due" August 17. My DD is 21 months old, and this will be my second baby.

I'm very excited and--since having a "reality check" with the first birth--quite scared! More on that in future discussions . . .
0hMyG0h's Avatar 0hMyG0h 08:41 PM 12-10-2008
I made it here, too!

I'm 25, will be 26 in August. I have an October 2003 baby girl and an August 2005 baby girl. This will likely be my last pregnancy so I'm really wanting to savor every moment. We're planning a homebirth (my first). Although I've always wanted to have one but never trusted my body enough until now to go through with it.

I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearer and I can't wait to have another one to swaddle.

I'm so excited to get to know everyone!
Koalamom's Avatar Koalamom 10:37 PM 12-10-2008
Count me in!!! This is my second, and myfirst is 20 months old. We still breast feed, so I guess it can be done.
FayeO's Avatar FayeO 10:53 PM 12-10-2008
Hi everyone!
Ok, I just posted on another thread about preg. symptoms, so I guess I can make it official.

I am 33 (turning 34 next week!) and I just transferred off the infertility boards. We have been trying for 3 years (due to male factor infertility) and after 7 IUIs, I am here!
I am still nervous and hoping everything works out. My first beta was good. #2 is tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I have an almost 6 year old daughter that was no trouble to conceive at all. So this last three year "dilemma" was a shocker.

I would be curious to see if anyone else has such an age gap with their kids.
So glad to be here.

My dd is August 14 2009.
Amanda Williams's Avatar Amanda Williams 05:09 PM 12-11-2008
Good morning gals.
I am checking in here and am just too excited about adding a new little love to our family! I got two BFPs on Monday and have been testing all week and the line keeps getting darker. It is really starting to sink in. We "caught the first egg" and are thrilled!

I am Amanda, married to Josh since 2000.
We have three girls, 5, 3 1/2 and 12 months.
I am a SAH wife and mom and we homeschool. I'm looking forward to being involved with this club.
Kellyh_01's Avatar Kellyh_01 06:18 PM 12-11-2008
I'm Kelly. I'm 35. I am pregnant with a surrogate baby, due August 22. I also carried surrogate twins 6 years ago, and I have 4 kids of my own - 14, 12, 4, and 2. My youngest is still nursing. We'll have a hospital birth with a midwife. I'm a labor & delivery nurse. I've been married to my husband Steve for 17 years.
Kim Allen's Avatar Kim Allen 06:59 PM 12-11-2008
Im Due 8/8/09 with #2 my DS is 21 months and still nursing. Not sure how he will do with a new one wanting his numnums.We have been trying for about 6 months and this last month we didnt really "try" and i didnt even think about being pregnant. I got my first symptoms of peeing alot. I went to the doctor for a UTI and got a postive test instead! so happy!
BlueMonday's Avatar BlueMonday 10:06 PM 12-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
Torre here!!! YAY AUGUST MOMMAS! Is anyone else going to wear a bikini to the beach this july?? I AM HAHAHAHA...
Most definitely! Last time I was pregnant I had a cute little belly by the end of summer and I rocked a bikini hard. I can't wait to dig a hole in the sand so I can lay sunny-side down.
enchantinglysimple's Avatar enchantinglysimple 01:34 PM 12-13-2008
Well I happy to be joining you all for the next 9 months, hopefully! I am still a little bit in shock of the positive pregnancy test I recieved, I still can't believe it! I have been ttc for 6 months now. I have taken several of the early pregnancy tests 2 of the 5 being different brands and gotten a very faint pink line on all of them! I hope it really means I am, but just to be sure I am going to test again next week with a different test. But yesterday I did feel unbelievably tired so that helps to confirm the positive test!

So my due date comes out to be the 26th of August I think. I also have a little boy that is 23 months and I am thrilled to be pregnant again! :
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up