So who's here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 215 Old 11-24-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we should have an introduction thread! So who are all the pregger mama's due in August?

Maybe we can all give a little background info so I'll start:

I'll be 26 this december and this will be my 2nd little one. DS1 is 22 months and loves to nurse still so we will probably be tandem nursing. We plan on having a home birth, possibly unassisted. I'd like a girl next but I also cant wait to meet my next little boy. We cosleep and use EC with cloth for back-up( DS is almost a grad. Yay!)and we wont be vaxing.

Can't wait to get to know you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 215 Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM

I just got a positive hpt! It was a faint second line but definitely there. So I'm an August mom.:

I'm new to mothering boards, with my first I was on pregnancy weekly but I feel like this is a better fit. I'm 22 years old and have a 16 month old daughter who still loves nursing and I'm happy to have her nurse as long as she wants. We co-sleep as well and I'm planning on a home birth.
#3 of 215 Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 PM

Hello, My name is Vanessa. I have a four year old son named Ayden and I am newly married to Dan. I have been wanting another baby for such a long time and Dan has always been super ANTI BABY since I met him. But, alas, I have finally convinced him to make me pregnant! Yay! However, we agreed on only trying in December in hopes to have a Virgo in September. BUT, there is a pretty good chance that I'm pregant as of a week ago. I hope so...I really wouldn't mind a Leo anyway. Heehe. So I cannot officially say I am pregnant yet. But I hope within the next week I will be able to declare my pregnancy.:

Vanessa, human of many awesome and not so awesome qualities. ; married to my Scorpio
mama to Ayden 6 years and Gena born 9/16/09
#4 of 215 Old 11-25-2008, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sarah, age 31, wife to Jeff, daughter age 6, son age 2.5....newbie due 8-7-09

wooohooo!

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#5 of 215 Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm here... ambiguous on dates, I am due sometime very late July or early August but I figured I'd rather be in on the beginning of a DDC

I am 31, I have two daughters, I've had one c/s and one vbac. My cycles never returned after Emily, I was halfheartedly charting (hence the vague due date) and we caught the first egg out!

I had an annual scheduled for December 17th so I changed it to a prenatal appointment and will get an u/s then and see if my guess of dates is right or not We won't be officially announcing until after the appointment.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 215 Old 11-25-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm Chrissy, SAHM to Noah (7), Lilah (4), and Rowan (18 mos). My EDD for this new baby is 7/29, but I've gone a week over with my 2 that were allowed to come on their own, so I think August is where I really belong.

If all goes according to plan, this baby will be our third homebirth.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#7 of 215 Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi I'm Erin, I am not "official" as of yet, but am hoping to be in the club. I have one DD who is 26 months and have been married to the love of my life for 12 years.

Please send sticky vibes for me, I'd be due around Aug. 11-12.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#8 of 215 Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Guess I'll report in! I got a BFP a few days ago. Not really firm on my dates since I was a bit lazy about keeping track. Oops. But I believe I'm due around Aug 3.
I have 2 littles already, ages 3 and 5. We have been talking about having a third for some time now, but were never firm on it. This was a "let's try for one month and see what happens" kind of thing. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly!

Congrats to all the mamas to be!
#9 of 215 Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm pretty sure I will be but am waiting until the 1st to test. Got all the symptoms, everything smells, heartburn, nausea, boob issues and we dtd on the right date. Plus I am really good at getting pregnant.

Lisa: Homeschooling Mum of ds, 8 and dd, 6
#10 of 215 Old 11-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Hi everyone. I got a BFP this afternoon! : Somewhat suprised, as I wasn't exactly sure when I ovulated, and we were not really trying so much as we had "pulled the goalie" as my hockey-loving friend likes to call it!
I this will be my fourth pregnancy. I had 2 m/c before I had DD who is 2 years 8 months old. So, for me, pregnancy doesn't exactly equal baby, but I'm very hopeful that this one sticks. I think I'd be due first week of August.
I don't think we'll be telling very many people IRL, just because of our history, until after the first trimester. Congrats to everyone!

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :
#11 of 215 Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 PM

Oh my gosh I can not believe this day is here!

I am pg and edd s/b August 4th. I have been ttc my 3rd child forever and my last ivf cycle worked. I am just so thrilled to be here with you all. Here is to wonderful pregnancies for all of us.
#12 of 215 Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 AM

based on the edd calculators i'm due btw july30 and aug 1.....so i just picked aug

this will be #3 and if we timed it right, a girl

we've already got a pretty much picked out too but we're not telling that just yet

dh has already told his friends and family and tommorrow i'll be telling my family. just once i hope they'll be excited for me. the first two were born out of wedlock and i got a lot of grief for it....oh everybody loves the now that they're here but my family hasn't been real excited previously

this time i bet the excuse will be that we can't afford another kid though truth be told our kids have just as much if not more than i remember having as a child.....

anyways i am so psyched....this was our first month trying too:
#13 of 215 Old 11-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Can I join too? I just got my BFP yesterday:: It was our 17th cycle TTC after getting my 1st PPAF, so I thought this day would never come! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and praying for sticky babes for all of us!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#14 of 215 Old 11-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Hello I have been stalking this thread for days but it wasn't official until this afternoon I got my BFP I took a digital test for the first time and it said 'pregnant' those are fun but expensive! I'm still nursing my 11 mo old so my cycle has been out of wack not quite sure when I O'ed but I think I would be due some where in the mid teens in August. I found out I was due with my 11 month old when my DD turned 1 and now my 11 month old will be 1 on Dec 14, so this baby will be 19 months apart from the last set that was 19 months apart. My nipples are quite sore since I'm still nursing. I'm due with my fourth and so excited, We all get to be hot and cranky all summer

I am a SAHM and Homeschool,don't vax,co-sleep CD and breastfeed

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#15 of 215 Old 11-29-2008, 11:25 PM

Me:
I am a sahm to Issi 6,Griff 4 and Ollie 2.
I am 33.I moved here from the UK seven years ago to marry my American husband who I met in Greece in 1996
I just had my third m/c on Oct 20th so this is a nervous time.Hopefully I will start getting excited when I get my bloodwork back on monday.

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#16 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 01:10 AM

Hi!

I'm calling this baby my thanksgiving miracle. Due 8/8/09 I'm 33 and we have a 4 1/2 year old ds. We had a water home birth last time and I'm planning for the same thing with this one.
#17 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 AM

I'm here!!

I'm Debbie, 22. 23 on the 16th. I had a beautiful wonderful daughter 8 months ago on March 18th. She was born all natural at the birthing center. Shes breastfed & cloth diapered, the works. We had a miscarriage in June, I got pregnant my first ovulation after DD. We've been trying since to get pregnant again & finally I am! I am over the moon and I couldn't be more thrilled. I've always wanted two children close in age. I don't plan on anymore after this baby. I feel like cupcake is a boy already, but I would be so happy for another girl. I can't wait to meet this litte one already! Oh cupcake is due August 2nd!
#18 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 04:44 AM

Hi - So happy to meet everyone.
I'm 28, this is my first babe, due 8/8, and I'm a big ball of excitement and nerves right now! We were TTC for months before this and I think this babe was just waiting for the perfect time to come.

It is good timing for us in a year of big changes- after our big move back to Canada in March, DH will be starting his PhD in September. We're both kinda hoping for a boy, but we'll be ecstatic either way!

I'm really happy to have you all experienced mamas on here so we can go through all the trials of pregnancy together!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#19 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 AM

Well, since my slight spotting of yesterday has stopped, I'll go ahead and post on this list.

I'm a 30 year old mom of two boys and a girl. This little peanut is a total surprise, but I'm amazed at how quickly we can fall in love and get all attached... it's incredible!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to a holistic pregnancy, a natural birth at home, and meeting someone very special at the end of this 40 weeks!!!
#20 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm 31, due around the 8th with my 3rd (never thought i'd say that, being an only child i always thought people with 2 kids was excessive).

I have two boys - ds1 is 4 and was a midwife assisted waterbirth at home, ds2 is 2 and was an unassisted water/lotus birth at home. For this one i have found a private midwife who will be in another room - just easier than dealing with the arguments and NHS burearucracy.

DS2 is still nursing, although i'm hoping to calm that down a bit before the new babe comes, its like the milk has already changed taste and he has to nurse every ten minutes.

looking forward to getting to know you all.
vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#21 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM

Hi all,

I am 33 years old, first baby and very excited but very nervous. I will be 36 weeks on July 29th but thought it would be more appropriate to join the August boards. Looking forward to getting to know all of you..
#22 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 PM

Hello ladies, I'm glad to be here. I got my BFP last night, at 8 dpo! I'm 31, married and we have a wonderful 10 month old DD. My due date is August 10, 2009 though really if I follow the actual date of conception it would be August 14th!). Hubby and I are so happy to have conceived this baby, I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks last July. We've always wanted to have our kids close in age, and we would want 4 or 5 kids. We are hoping for a midwife-assisted homebirth this time around. I was not too happy with my hospital birth with DD, it was not terrible, but I didn't want the constant interruption and would prefer some privacy.

I hope our little bean sticks!!!:
#23 of 215 Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcysGirl View Post
Hi all,

I am 33 years old, first baby and very excited but very nervous. I will be 36 weeks on July 29th but thought it would be more appropriate to join the August boards. Looking forward to getting to know all of you..
Hi and Welcome Darcysgirl!
Congratulations!:

So far it looks like we're the first newbie mamas in this due date club! I'm sure there will be others that will join.
Good to see you here!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#24 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
Hello I have been stalking this thread for days but it wasn't official until this afternoon I got my BFP I took a digital test for the first time and it said 'pregnant' those are fun but expensive! I'm still nursing my 11 mo old so my cycle has been out of wack not quite sure when I O'ed but I think I would be due some where in the mid teens in August. I found out I was due with my 11 month old when my DD turned 1 and now my 11 month old will be 1 on Dec 14, so this baby will be 19 months apart from the last set that was 19 months apart. My nipples are quite sore since I'm still nursing. I'm due with my fourth and so excited, We all get to be hot and cranky all summer

I am a SAHM and Homeschool,don't vax,co-sleep CD and breastfeed
: Betsy, how fun to share another DDC! I only joined the Dec 07 club in my last trimester...I'm stepping up my game here and telling MDC about this pregnancy (just found out this morning!) before my own mother.

I'm 30, still nursing and cosleeping with my beautiful almost one-year old home birthed selectively/delayed vaxed baby girl. I just got off the phone with my hb midwife to make sure I'm on her schedule for early August when I'm estimating my due date. Hoping for a boy to balance things out! And shopping for the IUD I'll need sometime late next year.

Have to say, I don't know if I'm capable of tandem nursing. And DD is a kicker in bed, so we're going to have to be addressing some major big-girl issues in a few months. Am feeling some residual guilt over all that, but I think in return for her sacrifices I'm giving her a close sibling, a friend for life, something I always wished I had.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#25 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 PM

I too have been stalking this thread for quite a few days... but now I"m pretty positive I am in fact pregnant Two different tests today with faint lines... I'll test again tommorrow/next day (bought a box of 3 tests today to confirm, but yeah. My DS is nearly 21 months old now (born 3/07), and I had one miscarrage a year or two before him (blighted ovum) while in college. I'm living with my husband and son in the house I grew up in with my dad - we have 40 acres, chickens, goats, a dog and a cat... I'm really, really hoping to have this child naturally just as I did DS... but we'll see. I really hope my dad/dh doesn't take it too badly - I'm pretty positive that neither will be pleased and that both might push for an abortion, but I'm pretty positive thats not happening for one simple reason *I* want this baby!!
#26 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM

My sister (who is due 2.5 weeks before me with #4) told me about mothering.com...so I thought I'd check it out.

I'm almost 5 weeks with our first baby, due August 4, 2009. I CANNOT WAIT until our baby is here! It still seems a little surreal. I've been married for 2 1/2 years and we are definitely excited for this next part of our lives. We were blessed with a relatively short "TTC" period of 3 months.

I can't wait to be a mom!
#27 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Me too!!:
happy tandemish mom to Grady 27 mo

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#28 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Hi Littlehapa and Gradysmom!
Welcome and congrats! Glad to have you here!
:

#29 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi, and nice to meet you all! After 4 days and 6 tests (thank goodness for Dollar Tree) I think I finally believe it. We weren't planning this, but knew it was possible, and we are happy! Since I am still BF the one-year-old, I am a bit irregular and uncertain about the due date--could be anywhere from late July 25 to early August 9--so I'm going to hang around both for a while until it's clarified.

I'm 25 (will be 26 when this baby is born) and have 2 DSs, ages 2 1/2 and 1.

Me crochetsmilie.gif ife to DH geek.gif; Mommy to DS (5) biggrinbounce.gif , DS (4) jog.gif, and DD (2) diaper.gif, and DS (newborn) babyboy.gif.

#30 of 215 Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Judi here-- 35. I am August 1st. Still in shock. I figured it would take awhile using ovulation predictors and after a couple of lame months of track my period dates and one month using OP sticks-- ta da. Advanced maternal age- huh!

I have been married to Rob for six years and we've been together for 11. He is a SAHD to DS, 18 months. DS is still nursing and I hope to nurse him until he is closer to 2. We'll see what he thinks. Hoping to be a SAHM when I give birth to LO2.

We are mostly trying-to-be-more crunchy. =)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page