Are you feeling any symptoms yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
AHH is that what that is??? I have had a feeling like I pulled a muscle for a second when I get up or twist to get something and when I laugh! It hurts! I was a bit worried. I'm going to have to look this up... does it go away?
Now that you all mention it, me too! I feel this way too, but I don't remember feeling like this with #1.
I hope it goes away....
~maddymama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
AHH is that what that is??? I have had a feeling like I pulled a muscle for a second when I get up or twist to get something and when I laugh! It hurts! I was a bit worried. I'm going to have to look this up... does it go away?
Actually, I don't think it goes away. It may actually get worse into the second trimester. It just depends on the woman I guess. For me it's pretty bad. Like right now, I've got these annoying low grade period like cramps. I'm hoping it passes soon and all is well.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 PM

The groin pain is how I knew I was pregnant the first time. But this time the pain was so bad I thought I had given myself a Hernia!!!

I still get it some and am reassured whenever I feel something.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:04 PM

This is also my 6th pregnancy and I am not feeling any symptoms at all. It's very early, though - I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I remember with the others having +++ hpt's, but not "feeling" pg. yet, and wishing I'd feel just a little bit queasy so i was sure I was really pregnant, then around 6 weeks when I start puking multiple times a day wondering why I ever wished for this. So I'm trying to just enjoy the next 2 weeks of not feeling pg. yet.

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hMyG0h View Post
Actually, I don't think it goes away. It may actually get worse into the second trimester. It just depends on the woman I guess. For me it's pretty bad. Like right now, I've got these annoying low grade period like cramps. I'm hoping it passes soon and all is well.
You guys are making me hopefull talking like that.

Earlier this week thought I'd pulled a lower ab-muscle because it hurt if i stretched... and today i got what could be compared to AF cramps but really nowhere at all near as bad as I get them... sort of like comparing a grape to a watermelon... they're usually excruciating, and this is like "meh whatever"

but again... still dont know if i am for sure no AF yet and no BFP since monday

but I do have those symptoms and was just thinking I was crazy for considering it might be because I'm pregnant lol.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM

round ligament pain started right away for me this time too, before I tested (although I think I was already 18dpo or so when I tested, not sure). I was putting my DD in her crib and felt it, I tested the next day

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am peeing like 20 times a day- at least! At first I was like, "hmm, this is amusing"- now it's driving me insane. DH has always joked that I have the bladder of squirrel, now it's more like the bladder of a tiny bird. Except every time I go there's TONS of pee! What's up with that? I guess I've been upping my water intake but not enough to warrant this every 20 minutes! The past few days I've been getting up 3 times a night! I had a presentation to make yesterday at a big conference and behind the podium I was squeezing my knees together...

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Old 12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

haha!!thats so funny!

i find when i need to pee..i have to pee rIGHT AWAY!!!haha!!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel like :Puke All day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drank some fresh ginger root tea steeped for an hour, and it actual worked at taking away any nastiness. I will keep doing this.

I am also super hungry. I can't stop eating! I just remembered how I put on 50lbs with last pregnancy.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 PM

i've been very tired and sleepy practically from the day this baby was conceived! now my boobs are starting to get sore and i think a lot of things smell bad lol. i also get nauseated a lot and have to dry heave or have a "preggy drop" i got at a motherhood store. sometimes dizzy. all fun! not to mention all the peeing!
Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 PM

I seem to have developped afternoon nausea. I feel quite good in the morning, slight hint of nausea before breakfast, but generally feeling good with loads of energy....then after lunch I start feeling rather icky with a big belly ache, indigestion and feeling really cold : and that gradually tails off in the early evening to be replaced by tiredness.

TBH I'm beginning to doubt I am actually pregnant...doesn't feel at all like it did last time

Mother of DS (6) and (due May '11)
Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmum View Post
TBH I'm beginning to doubt I am actually pregnant...doesn't feel at all like it did last time
FWIW, all of my pregs have been different so far!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 AM

I just started my 5th week and I'm still not feeling any symptoms... boo. I wish they would come already!:

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM

The only thing I am feeling is that weird fuzzy brain, something is different fogginess that I had with my DS as well. He was 19 months and three days when it went away. I will never forget the day, I woke up and sometime mid morning I realized that "I" was back, clear headed and focused again. Does anyone else get this??!!

Mama to DS 10/06, DD & DS 08/09
Old 12-14-2008, 06:51 PM

My BFF calls it "pregnancy brain." I myself feel pretty unfocused and distracted lately. Clumsy, too. I blame it on preoccupation with being pregnant.

I'm 5w2d today. My bb's are swollen and sore pretty much all the time now. I've also been tired, my sleeping patterns have changed, I'm a bit more emotional. I'm not peeing a whole lot more than normal, but I have to get up in the night now. I've also been colder than normal. I see that a couple of other women have also mentioned this. Is this a normal pregnancy symptom? I've been worried that it might mean that my progesterone level is too low.

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 12-14-2008, 08:34 PM

I was thinking that I didn't really have many symptoms but reading your posts, maybe I do. Here's what I have:

* Small bit of brownish spotting a few days before the BFP

* Periodic mild cramping

* Spacy! I left the car on oustide my house yesterday for an hour : Its a Prius so there's a "power" button and I guess I forgot to push it.

* Slow bowels or diarrhea. Mostly slow.

* Tired - sometimes paralyzingly so

* Very active dreaming

* Creamy discharge

* Super thirsty

* Mild heartburt (very unusual for me)

* Burpy

* Brief waves of nausea

* Sore lower back - it was really sore yesterday and slightly better today but ouch!

* Slightly sore boobs but only it I bump them just so

I was not really sick with DS. I had food aversions and was tired but I don't remember being really sick. I was reading "Fearless Pregnancy" and it says that nausea is NOT necessarily a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I sure hope that's right cuz I am practically urp phobic so if I could skip that part that'd be great!

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned

growing pains today!:::
i have a tiny baby bump!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:29 PM

I am 20dpo now and my nips are getting a little sore, mostly noticable when ds latches on....and a little sleepy.

that is all, not reassuring, but at least I am not sick and chasing a toddler

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 PM

Today I felt a lot of "happenings" down in my lower belly. Lots of stretching, on and off cramping, and some other weirdness. I'm so excited to think that an itty bitty baby is forming inside of me right now. This is likely my last and I really plan on enjoying this pregnancy :

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Today I felt a lot of "happenings" down in my lower belly. Lots of stretching, on and off cramping, and some other weirdness. I'm so excited to think that an itty bitty baby is forming inside of me right now. This is likely my last and I really plan on enjoying this pregnancy
i know exsacly what you mean

:::
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 PM

hello mamas:

after reading all the posts I am feeling a little better about being relatively symptom-free but I am only 4 wks along. And like someone else wrote, I can't remember what it felt like when I was pg the 1st time round.

Although I totally have pregnancy brain, I can't remember anything. And I have been having lower back pain and some mild period-like aches, but no spotting or anything. And I am peeing all the time....

So we'll see....(come to think of it, I vaguely remember feeling fine, until about 6 wks then I had morning (day-night) sickness until about 14 wks.

I really hope all is well in there...my appt with my midwife isn't until Jan 6th.

lady.gif Proud Mama of Lil "Big" Roc  banana.gifand Lil Roman superhero.gif 
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Not a whole lot happening here. Got the on and off sore boobs, and I'm ready to pass out by 9pm every night. I remember with ds I started getting m/s 5 days before I even got a BFP. This time not so much. We'll see what song I'm singing in a couple weeks...

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08

User Tag List