Are you feeling any symptoms yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so this is baby number 6 for me and every time I have a baby it is like I am having my first again. I never remember how I felt during my last pregnancy. So I am not feeling sick yet, breasts not tender, I am tired and I have a crazy sense of smell. My friend who is due a week before me is sick, her breasts are sore. What are you feeling? When I miscarried I didn't have many symptoms either, so I am wondering what signs are typical in the first trimester.

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#2 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 AM

I have felt like I have had the flu for the last week. Heartburn is starting, bloating, belching and the other. I am just a vision of loveliness. Smells get me and I feel sick to my stomach all the time. I have no energy nor motivation to do anything. It's just like all my other ones.
#3 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have no idea what's normal, I'm going to have to seriously delve into my Sear's Baby book soon.

But so far my boobs are sore and bigger! DH likes the bigger part but not the sore part I have a little queasiness, but it's not really bad at all. And I seem to be salivating a lot sometimes. I'm often passed out by 10 pm, which is pretty unusual for me. I also have a bit of dull cramping on and off that I'm trying not to worry about because it's not painful and no bleeding. Also my abdomen feels a little tight and bloated. Most of my symptoms so far are really very slight, I'm just paying close attention to everything that's going on with my body, since it's the first time.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#4 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 AM

So far I've noticed; bloating, gas (that has put my DH to shame ), tightness/light cramping in my uterus, my breasts are fuller and barely tender enough to mention, and I'm very randomly sensitive to smell. The big one for me right now is exhaustion, and that's the only one that is seriously noticeable as all the others come and go. Honestly, I don't feel pregnant at all (in comparison to my first).

I was vomiting really early on in my first pregnancy, so this has been quite a bit different for me. It's hard not to worry about not having any serious symptoms, but I keep trying to convince myself that maybe I'll be "lucky" this time and not be hanging out over the toilet for 4ish months.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

#5 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 AM

Yesterday i felt a little nauseas and even started dry heaving while flossing. Nice. I've also felt a slight bloating/cramping feeling in my lower abdomen. My boobs were more sore last week but have subsided these past few days...? I still feel nervous about the pregnancy, like it's still not real to me.

mama to scarlett born 9/1/10
#6 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 PM

I had very sore breasts for a couple of days. I've had frequent heartburn. I'm falling asleep at DD's nap time. I'm craving cheese omletes and eating one a day (says the woman who usually can't stomach eggs at all). I've had some nausea, but no vomiting, but I think I'm not even 4 weeks yet, so I fear that will come soon. I've had some mild cramping.

I definitely feel pregnant.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#7 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 PM

I have been unusually tired the past week, despite getting good sleep. My body is just exhasuted! I've also been experiencing an extremely sensitive nose! My co-workers commented on it and joked "maybe your pregnant!" (that's the running joke with an office of women) and I just casually said "no" and blew it off. I'm not telling them until the 2nd trimester.

I've had alot of food aversions/mild nausea these past few days (the thought of chicken or turkey makes me very queasy, and I usually love it). It's been quite tolerable though, so I'm hoping this is all it is!
#8 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 01:20 PM

My most noticable symptom is my sore breasts but it might just be amplified by the fact that my DD is nursing. I haven't had any nausea yet (keeping my fingers crossed). Also I feel exhausted all the time and oddly very hungry (everything sounds good to me). Its weird because with my first I had no apetite at all in the first trimester and throughout the whole pregnancy I never experienced the "i'm starving" pregnant feeling that everyone talks about. Oh yeah, I'm 5 weeks 5 days right now.
#9 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 01:38 PM

My breasts are also quite sore, especially when I take my bra off at night or when the water hits them in the shower. They are also huge (I had DDs to begin with, so getting bigger is annoying!)

I'm constantly starving and the only thing that really satisfies me is ice cream sandwiches. Strange! It's exactly what happened when I was pregnant with DS.

I also get fatigued rather easily and it hits me out of nowhere.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#10 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 03:15 PM

My breasts have been tender also... but only in the morning which is weird. Outside of that no other symptoms.

Oh and I have been insanely thirsty lately but I'm not sure if that's really a symptom...

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#11 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fwiw, with #1 I was really tired the first couple weeks, had one nausea spell, puked and that was the end of ALL my symptoms--literally I had no symptoms my entire pregnancy.

w, number 2, I had slow moving bowels as soon as I conceived, and some nausea, but only due to taking my prenatal. that was it.

This one I have the slow moving bowels again, have had some nausea come and go, a couple headaches, tired off and on, I'm nursing and my nipples hurt (but I think it's because my 2 year old doesn't know when to quit, lol...

Also, When I had my 2nd miscarriage, I had nausea, tiredness, achy, etc. through the entire 9 weeks I carried even though it was a blighted ovum (sac w/no baby)....so you can't really depend on much. everything is different

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#12 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 PM

OMG, I'm having horrible morning sickness.... I'm puking all morning long.... seriously...... I didn't get this sick until a month later with preg#1. Other than that... not much else yet.
~maddymama
#13 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 03:58 PM

My boobs are a little sore, but not too bad.

My main symptom is fatigue. I am soooooo tired.

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#14 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM

I'm also very tired, slightly nauseous and I swear my feet are swelling slightly, but I supposed it could be for other reasons.

This time around is very different from my first. I remember not feeling pregnant at all until 3-4 months in. This time, I've already pulled out the maternity clothes and my "big shoes". Fun fun.
#15 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm very tired, and my nipples are sore so it sucks to nurse, but nothing else yet, I usually get hit hard around week 7 or so, and I'm 2 weeks off from that i think

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#16 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM

I am tired and my smell has been very sensitive.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#17 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

I am able to eat the last few days which is just great...my symptoms so far:

* sensitive smell
* very sensistive (even more than normal..YIKES!!)
* feel nauseaous easily
* cant eat certain foods that I used to realy love
* creamy white discharge,a little spotting
* belly crampy,could realy tell someone is moving in!!!

love to ya ladies

::::
#18 of 82 Old 12-05-2008, 09:24 PM

very tired. I was having trouble sleeping, though, until we took the memory foam mattress topper off the bed. I think it was too hot.

insane dog nose. I smell everything. for the most part the smells don't bother me, but everything smells x10 right now.

I feel empty a lot, not nauseous, just like I need to always have something in my stomach, especially in the morning.

that's it so far!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#19 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 01:18 AM

I just took a three hour nap with my LO. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. I am so glad he wanted to lay down.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#20 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 02:38 AM

with my last pregnancy, I didn't feel the typical symptoms until I was almost out of the first trimester - and then it lasted until around 16wks!

BUT, I had that super sensitive sense of smell.

This time, I am feeling lightheaded, dizzy and very tired.

Caefi
#21 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 09:46 AM

The first clue I got was ick when brushing teeth in the morning. Then I got the sore boobs and that loosey goosey feeling in my lower back. Those are my big tipoffs -- when my missed my period, I just knew.

These days my boobs are *still sore* and my sense of smell is out of control, though not in a bad way. I just feel like I'm suddenly finding my inner dog.

I haven't changed my eating habits. I'm still drinking a cup of black tea in the morning. And I only feel queasy occasionally. A tiny bit when I'm fully awake and still in bed (ugh) and then about an hour after breakfast. Weird.

someone mentioned the milky discharge and that happens to me too. Of course, I watch my panties obsessively because of my last mc.

mama to magical 6 yr old and a full moon Aug baby:
#22 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 AM

Just got a BFP yesterday at 16 dpo, and as I am thinking back, I have had several little "signs" over the past week or so. Slight heartburn which I never get, constipation on one day last week, more tired than usual, boobs are sore, and what really grabbed my attention was that at the beginning of last week(maybe 5 dpo?) I was standing in the kitchen a few feet away from the oven, and it was preheating. Suddenly I felt this wave of heat go through me - I've read about mamas feeling hot when pregnant, but wasn't sure if it was from the oven being on, lol. Though of course I've never felt anything like that before(at least I'm pretty sure I didn't with my first pregnancy), so I thought I might be pregnant. Also I've felt tingly in my ankles, which reminded me of the last trimester when I was retaining water. Weird.

ETA: Also, just remembered, my gums have been a lot more sensitive/bleeding the last couple of weeks. They are usually somewhat sensitive, but not usually to the point of bleeding, which I've experienced a few times recently.

It's weird, ever since my bfp yesterday it seems like my symptoms have really kicked in: thankfully no nausea but I'm starting to really feel crampy in a pregnant sort of way, I've been hot and irritable, last night I had a dull ache in the back of my head, and ever since last night I've had a scratchy throat. It's not too bad really. I would LOVE a nap though. Gotta hang in there for a couple of more hours.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#23 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned

had lots of uterus stretching/cramps last night x
#24 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 12:55 PM
RTT

I'm already having to pee constantly! I was up twice in the night the last two nights, ugh. Between Nadia still not sleeping well and having to pee it's going to be tough to get much sleep. I've been feeling tired and run down and my nipples feel a little sore. That's about it so far.
#25 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM

A few... I'm feeling nauseated and hungry at the same time, exhausted, and my breasts are tender.
#26 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM

All I've had is the "moving in" feeling. (I love that expression, thank you mummytobe)

I had it for a little while yesterday (14dpo). Not painful, just a sort of pulling, right in the center where my uterus should be.

On 9dpo I had fairly bad pains in the same place. I had been moving alot of heavy boxes around and was seriously wondering if I had developed a hernia! The next day it was much milder, then it was gone. I'm thinking that was implantation.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#27 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 08:57 PM

I only really seem to feel the most queasy right after cooking. Its the smell of something cooking which seems to set me off Which makes cooking not much fun and eating even less so!! Everyone else is going 'mm smells wonderful!' and all I can do is try my best not to gag!! Thankfulyl, I haven't puked just yet... but ugh. Anytime now I could see it... and my boobs are definetly more sore. And I'm tired A Lot.
#28 of 82 Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM

So far my symptoms have been:
weird twingy pains in my vagina/cervix- This was a few days before BFP
random cravings for things I don't usually eat- Hot dogs and orange juice & whitefish spread
constipation
bloating
feeling "full" in the uterus
some twingy pain in the ovaries
burping
switching back between extreme hunger and low grade nausea.
my boobs are swollen and on and off sore

I'm only expecting the nausea to get worse in the next week or so. M/S kicked in hard core between 7 and 14 weeks with DD. Oh and suprisingly, my nipples are not sore- but maybe that is because they were roughed up by 2.5 years of nursing? I don't know. I just remember feeling like there was glass in my nipples with my pg with DD early on. Oh and the worst part? I'm so bloated that only one pair of pants fits right now. I had DH get my maternity clothes down from the attic along with the Christmas decorations! I don' t think I needed maternity pants until week 14 or 15 with DD. I'm on starting week 6 here.

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :
#29 of 82 Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

soooooooooooooo tired !with hint of nausea.
#30 of 82 Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 PM

nervously symptom free...

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page