pregnant after a loss? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im doing alright as well. I am 11.5 weeks.

Baby seems to be doing alright. I haven't gone back for another check up yet and have not felt any wiggles yet, but no problems so far. I am so ready for the reassurance of those movements though.

I am still horridly sick though. Yuck. I am so over the nausea and vomiting. I am taking medication at this point but it is still horrible. I am also very very emotional and just feeling sad and yucky. I hope that when the extreme morning sickness slows down a bit that I will start feeling a little brighter and more hopeful.

Lets see, down 5 pounds right now, into maternity pants but most of my shirts still fit just fine, still nursing my 16 month old DD with no problems, and no signs of anything being wrong at all. I am a little nervous that I can still lay on my tummy without much discomfort- but I know that I am starting to look pregnant- so weather or not the bump makes me uncomfortable to lay on should not be any indicator of a problem. I'm just crazy obsessive like that.

Ready for the fun part of pregnancy- baby movements and nesting and all.

Hope that everyone else is doing alright.

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone, glad to see you are all doing well. I'm 12 weeks today and have an appt tomorrow, so hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat and everything will be fine. I'm really nervous about it, but no spotting or anything so it's looking good so far.
#93 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM

I am 12 weeks also, I too am waiting for that heartbeat. I will not be going to the doctor until I am 14 weeks. It is interesting how a previous loss makes your whole outlook change when it comes to the beginning of your pregnancy.

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#94 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM

My brother and his family came to town unexpectedly this week, and brought along with them some nasty stomach bug. They all seemed fine on Tuesday, so we spent the day together. On Wednesday, 3 out of 4 of them were throwing up, etc. I avoided them for the rest of their stay (they were at my mom's, fortunately), and hoped that I'd not been with them enough to catch what they had.

Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. I tossed my cookies in a grocery store bathroom, and at home time and again. I know vomiting during pregnancy is normal, but it's something I generally avoid. Every time I threw up, I couldn't help but wait and wonder if this was it. Would this stupid stomach bug cause me to miscarry? So dumb, I know, but when I wasn't puking, I was drinking water on my left side and checking for bleeding at every potty break.

Thankfully, I feel much better today!

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#95 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

Glad to see the mamas doing well.
Had a scare, but God is amazing; saw my HUGE baby(they moved my due date up 5 days) yesterday, she looks good.
They are refering me to a Dr. for another U/S bc she saw something on my uterus(blod clot or something). But I know when I go whatever it is will be gone; The Lord is amazing like that.
<3
#96 of 114 Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famille_huggins View Post
I see my perinatologist next week for another check-up and scan, and will discuss beginning 17P injections at 16 weeks.
Progesterone injections? Or is it something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChichosMama View Post
Glad to see the mamas doing well.
Had a scare, but God is amazing; saw my HUGE baby(they moved my due date up 5 days) yesterday, she looks good.
They are refering me to a Dr. for another U/S bc she saw something on my uterus(blod clot or something). But I know when I go whatever it is will be gone; The Lord is amazing like that.
<3
Oh wow; so glad everything is ok.

I'm nervous for my OB appointment on Tuesday. We've had 3 very good ultrasounds thus far, but I see that there have been a few late 1st/early 2nd tri losses on our board. So sad and scary. Feeling ok - mostly just tired and having trouble catching my breath. Not feeling as weird about food right now, so I guess it's really time to start bumping up the protein and fluids. I'm hoping I'll start having enough energy to start moving my butt a bit.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#97 of 114 Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Banned

Prayers for you mama. <3
#98 of 114 Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labortrials View Post
Progesterone injections? Or is it something else?
Right, progesterone injections to prevent PTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labortrials View Post
I'm nervous for my OB appointment on Tuesday. We've had 3 very good ultrasounds thus far, but I see that there have been a few late 1st/early 2nd tri losses on our board. So sad and scary.
I've noticed those losses too, and find myself feeling nervous as well. I have my 14 week check-up and u/s tomorrow, and am just praying there's a heartbeat. I've had tons of good scans so far, and have no symptoms to indicate there's a problem, still I find myself concerned. I know it just takes one appointment to hear, "I'm so sorry..."

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#99 of 114 Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famille_huggins View Post
I've noticed those losses too, and find myself feeling nervous as well. I have my 14 week check-up and u/s tomorrow, and am just praying there's a heartbeat. I've had tons of good scans so far, and have no symptoms to indicate there's a problem, still I find myself concerned. I know it just takes one appointment to hear, "I'm so sorry..."
Interesting, not all docs know to treat PTL with progesterone. I've been doing some reading on it, and I must say, it makes sense to me.
I hope your appt goes well tomorrow!!!!

Me - GREAT appointment, phew! I had a rough start though, because it was taking the nurse FOR EVER to find the HBs with the doppler. I started crying. Then she found a HB and I cried harder. But she didn't find the other one. So we had an u/s and saw 2 beautiful wiggly urchins in there! It's possible that Baby B is a boy, because the baby was giving us a money shot, and I'm pretty sure I saw money. Also, I'm even measuring slightly ahead now - 12w1 to 12w4d. I will likely see the doc every 2 weeks for a while and have an u/s every 4.

How's everyone else?!

DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#100 of 114 Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM

I had my 14 week sonogram today, and all looks well. This baby is FOR SURE a girl. She wasn't the least bit bashful, if you know what I mean. Good heart rate, good measurements (she measures a week ahead in length and 2-3 days ahead everywhere else), very active. My cervix measured well and is stable. A true blessing, indeed. I have another appointment in two weeks with my OB.

And hey, just in time for Valentine's Day: my cervix has been so stable that I'm off pelvic rest until 20 weeks, which is when my PROM risk increases. My husband is a happy, happy man!

#101 of 114 Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 PM

I had a great ultrasound today too
I am 12 weeks and was measuring right on target. Our little pumpkin was wiggling and twirling and kicking and looked just like a tiny little baby. : Little hands and feet and nose and chin. I am so happy to have seen that. It eases my mind.

I am still sick as a dog with morning sickness though- it seems to get worse every week instead of better. The meds keep me from throwing up but they do nothing for the nausea. I have been holding my weight steady since I started them so thats a really good thing. Im just looking forward to feeling better.

#102 of 114 Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM

Heh heh, I'll bet he is Amanda. My DH will certainly be expecting more action now too. :

#103 of 114 Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 PM

glad to have found this area on the DDC.

I had a good visit today with my Dr. I was taking Crinone 1x a day but I can stop this week. I am also going to start aspirin 1x a day at the end of the week. I am officially 13 weeks today and I am so excited! The baby's HB sounded good. I do not get another u/s until 18-20 weeks.

Take care!
Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#104 of 114 Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM

It's hard to be preggo after a loss, there's this fear that the current pregnancy will terminate too. I've had 3 losses, but never made this far -- 2nd trimester, saw the heartbeats, saw the babies jumping around...

So I'm trying to be positive. Trying to have logic overcome emotion -- that my chances are awesome that I'll carry to term. Trying to repeat my doc's words -- "you will carry to term." But still, every ultrasound I hold my breathe in fear for the worst.
#105 of 114 Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM

How is everyone doing today?

I am just glad I ahve made it to 14w5d today (this is when I found out that we had a second tri loss in 2007) so I really wanted to get to this point before I told many people that I was pg.

I have a Dr appt Monday (my kids have off from school so they get to go with me!) I see him every 2 weeks. I'll also get to schedule my big u/s after that appt (for 18-20 weeks).

Take care all!

Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)

#106 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 AM

any updates here?

Take care,
Jen

#107 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 AM

So far all is good in my world

We found out at my last appointment that the baby looks to be a boy. So that is exciting. He is growing well and all looks good.

I am still horridly sick all the time with nausea and vomiting and still one way too many medications, but I am hoping that I start feeling better soon. At least with the medication I am holding steady at my 5 pound loss and not losing more. I should be feeling better by 20 weeks (I hope i feel better by 20 weeks).

Anyway that is all with me.

Not me news. My SIL has been battling infertility for years and recently found out she was pregnant and miscarried a few days later. She got pregnant again the next cycle and found out it is a tubal. I feel so bad for her I know what it is like to have losses, but I can't imagine coming off of infertility to such things. So sad. I am trying to be there for her and comfort her how I can, but we have never been close and she has an "abrasive" personality. I will keep providing support to her the best ways that I can.

#108 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Mamma View Post
But still, every ultrasound I hold my breathe in fear for the worst.
Does this ever go away? Even when all signs are positive, I'm still so scared for every doctor's appointment that I feel sick and start to hyperventilate when he turns the u/s machine on. I have a love/hate relationship with the doctor's visits.

The first words out of my mouth when DD was born were "How is she? Is she OK?"...I wouldn't even say I was happy, I was just so relieved because I had been so convinced that something would go wrong. I feel guilty for having been so negative when I wanted so much to enjoy the pregnancy and birth...I was hoping this time would be different, but so far, not so much...

Has anyone successfully broken this cycle and found a way to be peaceful and positive? All suggestions welcome!
#109 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

It did go away for me, somewhat. I've had three losses (ectopic and 2 miscarriages), but I'm 17 weeks now so a lot of the fear is lessened. I was worried for awhile, it used to be...if I didn't see bleeding I was fine. Every time I started bleeding it lead to a pregnancy loss. But my last miscarriage was a blighted ovum, and the baby had stopped developing weeks before I found out So that had me all paranoid this time around. I had a lot of sonograms (because of my prior ectopic) and that eased the fear some. My midwife found a strong heartbeat at my last appointment, so I feel pretty positive overall.

It's like a less than 5% chance of losing the baby after you've seen a heartbeat/surpassed week 6, I believe it's closer to 1% once you hit the second trimester.
#110 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpesq View Post
Does this ever go away? Even when all signs are positive, I'm still so scared for every doctor's appointment that I feel sick and start to hyperventilate when he turns the u/s machine on. I have a love/hate relationship with the doctor's visits.
I don't know. My first pregnancy was a m/c, and then with my next I started to relax when I started feeling DS kicking regularly. We did have a bleeding scare later on in that pregnancy though and I still had moments of anxiety later on. Then I had 2 more m/c and I don't know if I'll ever feel as relaxed as I did during my pregnancy with DS (and like I said, it wasn't a completely relaxed blissfull pregnancy at all, but at some point I did feel pretty sure that I was actually going to be having a baby).

I'm almost 18 weeks now and I still get nervous at every appt, wondering if we'll hear the heartbeat...wondering how long before this is all over. On the other hand I find myself doing things that I know mean I am starting to believe this is happening, like when I found myself knitting a baby hat the other day...I think it's a process and a journey, sorry, no easy answers for you!
#111 of 114 Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 AM

This thread has gotten really quiet. Any updates? New u/s, info, etc??

Take care!

#112 of 114 Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Hi, I'll post an update, since I posted before how I worried that I would never be "comfortable" with this pregnancy because of my previous loss...

I'm at 21 weeks today, and I have to say, much (most?) of my fear has subsided because this lil bugger is so darned wiggly, way more so than DD was. Every time I feel a movement, I breathe a little bit easier. Also, I already had the "big" u/s which put my mind at ease as far as the potential for major problems.

There is still deep-seated fear lurking in the back of my mind, but I feel like as soon as it starts to creep to the front of my consciousness, the little "cashew" will give me a nice big kick to let me know he's there. Don't want to jinx myself, but I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing. I will say, though, that I am much more hesitant to plan things for the baby (haven't bought anything yet, made room for his bassinet, etc.) than other people I know who never had a m/c. I'm hoping within a month or so I'll allow myself to get excited...

Hope you ladies are feeling good, too!
#113 of 114 Old 03-24-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't feel like I'll be confident in this pregnancy until I am holding a live baby. And maybe not even then- I held Elora a few times while she was in the NICU and still didn't bring her home. So maybe not until they are home with me.

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#114 of 114 Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

I'm inching on 19 weeks. Feeling fairly calm at this point. Lots of baby kicks help ease my anxiety.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page