Fess-up: What are you already shopping for? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought a used Amby in excellent condition - it was the exact color I wanted with all of the extras I was looking at getting with it (except the 40lbs spring). We brought it home and put it together. I'm very impressed with it. It's much bigger than I was invisioning, just generally more bed like than I expected. DD adores it. I let her get in even though she's a few pounds over the 25 lbs minimum for the standard spring. I think I'll order the upgrade spring that goes up to 40 lbs so I feel totally safe with DD sharing it (obviously not in it with the baby).

I've decided I really want a Baby Bjorn Babysitter Bouncy Seat. I was looking for a great bouncy seat, and this one looks perfect. Sadly the old model, which was already quite pricey at about $100 has been discontinued and replaced with an even more pricey $170 with a seperate toy bar for even MORE money. I just found a listing for one of the old style ones that comes with a toy bar on Craigs list in excellent condition for only $60. I've contacted them about it. Hopefully I can get it.

I've also bought some tiny newborn diaper things - Kissaluv 0's and some wool soakers. I might get a bit more diaper stuff, but we certainly don't need more.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChichosMama View Post
All I've been doing is shopping! hahahaha I just bought this http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=30121&vid=526 . I officially have no control of my clicker finger. hahahahaha Ill post pics of the dipes soon. lawlz
Oooo I wanna see your diaper stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss View Post
I just bought a used Amby in excellent condition - it was the exact color I wanted with all of the extras I was looking at getting with it (except the 40lbs spring).
Great score!!

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
Oooo I wanna see your diaper stash!

Just the new ones? I can do that. I just sent 17 out to Suzie at SOS to be repaired since they are over 4 y/o. hahahaha I also have some coming in the mail and Im about to buy 18 NB kissaluvs. So try and EC bc cding is ADDICTING! Today is my last day of spending. All Im picking up after this is mass amount of wool yarn to die and send to my Abue(grandma) to knit up. NO MORE! hahahaha
Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 AM

I've already bought a bunch LOL!

Some clothes (keeping receipts LOL)
Pacifiers
Bottles
Breastpump
Nursing Pads
Blankets
Bouncy Seat
Wrap

and I know there is more I can't think of LOL

We still have a million things though since our older kids are 5, 3, 2, and 1. LOL.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 PM

I bought a bunch of maternity clothes because the ones from my last pregnancy were getting ratty.

We also got a crib, since our voucher from last year's Jardine recall was about to expire. It's one of those cribs that converts to a full-size head and foot board.

My husband and family don't know this yet, but I updated our Babies R Us registry for the new baby.

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM

I've been shopping for stuff basically since I found out about the pregnancy. Very different than my first where we waited to buy until around 4 months, and even then we were hesitant to pick up a pair of... $1.50 socks. I still have the receipt tacked onto a corkboard.

My diaper stash is complete, although I still feel the need to pick up more.
My most recent fixes that haven't arrived yet.. a few NB Nanipoos and a splurge on these cuties: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=56089&vid=2558, http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=47992&vid=2558

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the whole idea of shopping for baby items, as it's my first one, and there seems to be so many options!! My SIL sent me a fun list of things I need, separated into 5 different categories, from: 1: "Utmost Importance" (boobs included here!) to 5: "Utterly Unnecessary" (wipe warmer included here). So that is nice to have, but with no extra money for shopping, and so many decision to make...I think I'll wait awhile!

Reading this has definitely given me some good ideas though, so thanks ladies! I did go shopping for some maternity clothes as soon as the regular ones started getting way uncomfortable. I'm all about comfort! So I have a couple pairs of pants, and several shirts (many that my mom found on sale for $4.97 each!). I tried on 3 non-maternity shirts this morning, before I found one that would still work :-)

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 PM

I am overwhelmed too about starting to buy baby stuff again - first I have to sort through all DS's stuff to see what will work for these babies. But since it is two babies, we will need to add things like an additional car seat, crib (eventually), and I fear many more clothes, cloth diaper covers, etc. Ugh - I am just not ready to go down that road yet. Maybe once Spring is here I'll feel more motivated.

Mama to DS 10/06, DD & DS 08/09
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM

I snagged a Recaro car seat today on woot.com for $99,These are normally about $250.SCORE!!

My mum is buying me a hammock and I need to get some ruskovillas as I sold Ollie's as I thought that we were done.Apart from that I think I am pretty set

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM

Awesome Score COCONUT!

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
I snagged a Recaro car seat today on woot.com for $99,These are normally about $250.SCORE!!

My mum is buying me a hammock and I need to get some ruskovillas as I sold Ollie's as I thought that we were done.Apart from that I think I am pretty set
I saw that on woot.com. I can still use my infant car seat that we used with my son. Its good till Dec. Plus I just bought a Britax Frontier for my 5 y/o.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:14 AM

damn crystal, I thought you were MY baby's mama.

UCing loud mouth, Fierce Protector of King Aiden, King Isaiah and Empress Estella
Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoet View Post
damn crystal, I thought you were MY baby's mama.

Its plausible! I get around....
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM

Hi Mamas,
I just have to share... I got an Amby from a friend for $75 today!!! It's even the color I would have picked had we shelled out the money to buy it new. :::
~maddymama
Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 PM

I was at the thrift store and found a vintage Disney shoulder bag for 2.50. It has a print from the classic Alice in Wonderland on the side (the Red Queen about to whack a hedgehog with a flamingo actually), two huge interior pockets, and a few zipper pockets. It'll make a great diaper bag!

I need something that can hold the dipes/change of clothing/blanket for the new babe, dipes/sigg/snack/crayons for dd2, sigg/snack/book for dd1, and sigg/snacks/clean shirt/cell phone/book for me! Plus the extra ring sling and whatever random stuff the older girls pick up.

I've never had a "traditional" diaper bag. I love to change my look and have used all sorts of different bags... I totally adored this black messenger bag with a huge skull/crossbones on it but I donated it through holiday helper a few years ago and never found another like it. Anyway, there's a certain element of coming full circle in this particular bag. My baby shower when pregnant with dd1 had an "Alice in Wonderland" theme (we played croquette with plastic flamingoes, the games were all brain teasers written by Lewis Carrol or things taken from the books, I got to wear a Red Queeen crown and DH wore a top hat and was given a pocket watch as the White Rabbit).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM

I am so hopeing that DH can pick up the car seat I want when he is in the UK this week. I figure since I am a little mad and sad that he went I might as well have him come back with something cool.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat

User Tag List