Fess-up: What are you already shopping for? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although my DS is going to be five this year, I saved a lot of stuff. I still have my SOS stash and lots of wool. BUT I have been looking at more SOS. lol That and pinhead were my fave. Idk whats hot nowadays. I've also been searching the web for bassinets for nap/mommyNdaddy time.

Now tell me what you are looking at so I can look too. Links are awesome!
#2 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 09:48 PM

I just have been looking for newborn/ small size CD covers since I sold most of DS's little ones because I didn't like them I just bought 3 Imse Vimse covers for 20 I have been stalking www.diaperswappers for cute newborn fluff

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#3 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM

amazingly, nothing yet. I have perused some new maternity tops and bought one new pair of mat pants, but other than that - nada!

unless this one is a boy, we really won't need very much.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#4 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 PM

My ds is almost four, but I have been constantly around newborns the whole time. They did not have the Bumbo chair last time, so I will get that. Plus, a TON of posh baby blankets and knit hats since I am a baby photographer, and those make photos look perfect. I want a girl, and if that is what I am having I am going to sew a ton of cute little dresses with bloomers and sun hats.
#5 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 PM

I just told a friend I'm going to buy her Baby Plus system off of her. I've bought 2 onesies and a pair of pants and I'm going to buy the Shangrila play mat from the same friend. That and maternity clothes are all that I've bought so far. I'm waiting on the sex LOL
#6 of 106 Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM

I've bought two pair of hats- one set has peas on it, and the other set is white with stripes and two antennae things, so cute. I'm a sucker for hats LOL

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#7 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 12:03 AM

When DH and I decided we wanted to get pregnant, we were on our anniversary trip. We bought this amazing teddy bear. I found some really pretty pearly-white yarn to make into a blanket. I plan on using it only for pictures!

Other than that, we're not buying much until after we find out where we're heading for the birth and grad school!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#8 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 01:47 AM

Newborn/small fluff. We didn't start cloth diapers DD until she way 7 months old so we have next to nothing in the small department.
#9 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 AM

Nothing yet... gonna wait until 2nd trimester... or until I completely ass out of my clothes.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#10 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 AM

Because of the holiday sales I felt I HAD to buy a few things : This is my very first so I have nothing, I picked up a couple onsies since they were on sale and cute! I really was going to wait but I couldn't help myself!

I also got a skirt on sale that I think I can wear now and when my belly is all huge. I also broke down and bought a pair of workout pants and a maternity tank top for my dance classes since my one pair of pants sit in a weird spot and are a bit tight on my belly right now. These will work much better for the whole pregnancy and after which is great.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#11 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I must have this.

Now Im looking at slings...I already have a maya and custom Kozy Carrier. Aye Crystal! lol
#12 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 AM

I haven't purchased anything yet, but I am stalking co-ops for good deal on baby wraps and cloth diaper fabric!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#13 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Nothing. This is my third and I already have one August baby. I have been browsing the maternity swimsuits though....

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#14 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Nothing yet. But that is mainly because I am paranoid till like 16 weeks. Unfortunately we thought we were done after our last baby and gave everything away except for our wooden portacrib and the nice infant carseat we had bought for her.

So I am going to have to completely start over! Oh and I didn't get rid of my cloth diapers. So I will only have to supplement that. Come to think of it I actually bought some pul diaper cuts, nb sized right before we decided to ttc.
#15 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 PM

I just bought a used vatanai kipawa wrap since I sold mine 6 mos ago. I loved it when DS2 was itty bitty, it is so light and airy and perfect for FL. I got a great deal on it on thebabywearer. Other than that, I'm holding off on buying stuff just yet. For some reason I'm scared to fully immerse myself in this pregnancy.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#16 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 PM

I have some maternity. Most of it borrowed or from DD's pregnancy. I DID buy a FEW things though.

I bought a 6 piece Layette too at Macy's for 4.99!!!! It's gender neutral and has the one piece sleeper that turns into a gown too, a blankie, a hat, and a few other goodies...

I'm having a hard time finding gender neutral stuff all together. We are not finding out the sex (we aren't having anymore U/S's).

anyone have good links for gender neutral stuff?
#17 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 01:10 PM

We haven't bought anything yet but we have started researching car seats and cloth diapers

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#18 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Absolutely NOTHING yet!

I'll have to buy some mat clothes later on because I donated most of them to Goodwill after my last birth. Everything was old and out of style. But with 3 kids close in age, I really need nothing new for the baby!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#19 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Well... a pair of newborn robeez, a pack of newborn dipes (we sposie till the cord falls off), and a photo album. But that was how I told DH... I wrapped it all up as a holiday gift and handed it to him.

Other than that, so far just a pair of Old Navy walking/yoga pants since my belly is getting big already but I didn't keep any "early preggo/post birth" pants after dd2 (just the "mid-late preggo pants). I probably wont get anything else till June-ish.

We will need a new packNplay or co-sleeper (we gave away our old pack/play and when our barn flooded the arms reach co-sleeper got wrecked) though I would loooooove one of those baby hammocks instead. We share a family bed but I prefer to have a seperate sleep surface for the new babe for the first month or two and for naps.

Let's see... we still have a little bouncer chair (a life saver to keep in the bathroom!), a boppy, plenty of blankets and dribble rags, we use prefolds and covers and have plenty of those (though they certainly aren't cute anymore ). We'll need some newborn outfits but those are 25cents at our local thrift store so I'm not too worried about those yet. We have an ergo (this will be the third babe to use this ergo, so totally worth the money!) and a soft "papoose" style carrier for the newborn weeks, as well as my beloved ring sling for keeping in the car/backpack.

I've never had a "summer babe" but I have winter outerwear/boots that should fit them when the time comes and if it's a girl plenty of ready to go "non-newborn" outfits from dd1 and dd2. (most of these are hand me downs from a friend with very "girly" tastes so if it's a boy I'll have to get some dye and he'll be wearing a lot of purple and brown since just about everything we've been gifted is pink)

Hmmm... I did buy some yarn to make a baby blanket or teddy bear doll. I saw a cool book with nursing sweater designs (and there's a nursing cami top on knitty) that I might ask DH to get for me as a gift, I don't know though... I've had a lot of luck just using a nursing tank top under a regular shirt/sweater so I don't know if I have the energy to knit a whole sweater that wont meet a real need, you know?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#20 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM

You are all making me want to go out and shop!!! I don't plan to buy anything but some maternity/transition clothes until the end of my first tri (1/28). At that point, I'll be combing the yard sales for good second hand baby stuff. I'm hoping to hit the jackpot and find all the furniture second hand.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#21 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 PM

I got some teeny tiny newborn clothes during the after Christmas sales and a couple of blankets. And I've bought some fabric to make a new quilt with. All of our cloth diapers are in the way back of our storage space. I'm going to wait a few months before we go digging them out to see what we need to replace. I know some of the elastic is gone, but I can fix a lot of that. I'm looking forward to our tiny kissaluv 0s coming back out. Yay fluff!
#22 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 PM

I picked up a few newborn mutts and will grab some premie prefolds in a co-op since apparently I grow small babies and even the infant seemed to large. We can always use them to clean with later I want to get some goodmamas from the sale but waiting for my dependent care reimbursement before I have the cash. Hope the sale is still on then.

I need to buy summer maternity clothes since we will be going to Jamaica in early February and I have nothing that will fit by then.

I have winter maternity clothes but may need a new turtleneck or something cause I am freezing.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#23 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChichosMama View Post
I must have this.

Now Im looking at slings...I already have a maya and custom Kozy Carrier. Aye Crystal! lol
That is pretty cool!! We don't really have a crib and its nice to have a place to put the little bean, and using it as a changer too is fantastic...
#24 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Well... a pair of newborn robeez, a pack of newborn dipes (we sposie till the cord falls off), and a photo album. But that was how I told DH... I wrapped it all up as a holiday gift and handed it to him.

Other than that, so far just a pair of Old Navy walking/yoga pants since my belly is getting big already but I didn't keep any "early preggo/post birth" pants after dd2 (just the "mid-late preggo pants). I probably wont get anything else till June-ish.

We will need a new packNplay or co-sleeper (we gave away our old pack/play and when our barn flooded the arms reach co-sleeper got wrecked) though I would loooooove one of those baby hammocks instead. We share a family bed but I prefer to have a seperate sleep surface for the new babe for the first month or two and for naps.

Let's see... we still have a little bouncer chair (a life saver to keep in the bathroom!), a boppy, plenty of blankets and dribble rags, we use prefolds and covers and have plenty of those (though they certainly aren't cute anymore ). We'll need some newborn outfits but those are 25cents at our local thrift store so I'm not too worried about those yet. We have an ergo (this will be the third babe to use this ergo, so totally worth the money!) and a soft "papoose" style carrier for the newborn weeks, as well as my beloved ring sling for keeping in the car/backpack.

I've never had a "summer babe" but I have winter outerwear/boots that should fit them when the time comes and if it's a girl plenty of ready to go "non-newborn" outfits from dd1 and dd2. (most of these are hand me downs from a friend with very "girly" tastes so if it's a boy I'll have to get some dye and he'll be wearing a lot of purple and brown since just about everything we've been gifted is pink)

Hmmm... I did buy some yarn to make a baby blanket or teddy bear doll. I saw a cool book with nursing sweater designs (and there's a nursing cami top on knitty) that I might ask DH to get for me as a gift, I don't know though... I've had a lot of luck just using a nursing tank top under a regular shirt/sweater so I don't know if I have the energy to knit a whole sweater that wont meet a real need, you know?
Wombatclay! I remember you from the June due date club of 07! Wow!
#25 of 106 Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM

I have been given a pack of newborn diapers and an adorable polo girl newborn dress. I was bummed about the girlie outfit- jinx!

The first thing I will buy will be a baby hammock. Narrowing down between The Miyo, Amby, and Hushamok.

I am pretty sure I am going with The Miyo- because of weight and look!

I am also going to buy a new car seat.

That is about it, besides diapers. This is number 3 and we are not finding out the sex. So if it is a girl, she will be in blue for a bit, and if it is a boy we are set!!!!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#26 of 106 Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 AM

I just had to have the Wooden Sleigh Co-sleeper last time. A very expensive and useless thing, lol. We ened up using it to trow clothes in. The hammocks are really tempting me, but I know we'll never use it. I am just going for a simple foam thing to put on top of our bed to position the baby.

I also had to have the Svan Baby High Chair last time. Again, another not-so-smart buy. Back then there was no plastic cover, so the tray became splintered and worn very quickly. It also was just not practical for a baby. This time I will get a nice big wooden one with a plastic tray.
#27 of 106 Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 AM

NB/small fitteds and NB/SM/MED interlock wool pants.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
#28 of 106 Old 01-07-2009, 02:35 AM

You guys are tempting me on the hammocks! I saw this one a bit ago and I am thinking of adding it to my wish list since I don't plan on making any big purchases for a while, since I still have a room to empty and paint first!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5947851

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#29 of 106 Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl136 View Post
You guys are tempting me on the hammocks! I saw this one a bit ago and I am thinking of adding it to my wish list since I don't plan on making any big purchases for a while, since I still have a room to empty and paint first!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5947851
I've looked at these, too--I didn't know they sold on etsy! If you go to Kanoe's website, they also offer them for rent. Since I don't know how much I would actually use it (it seems like a great idea, but I have a habit of not actually putting the baby *down* very often!), and since I don't plan to have any more babies after this one, that's a sort of alluring option for me. It's cool--you pick the color and they send you a brand new one. You rent it month-by-month (of course you can decide at any time to just pay off the balance and keep it). And then you send it back and they donate it to "orphanages or other charities." It's pretty cool.
#30 of 106 Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
The first thing I will buy will be a baby hammock. Narrowing down between The Miyo, Amby, and Hushamok.
Aww!!! Those hammocks look really neat, but our goofy deaf boxer dog Anya would probably "rock the cradle" a little too much. We need super sturdy baby furniture, lol!

:

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page