Homebirth Mamas UNITE!!! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone having a HB??? I would love to chat with some ladies about it here in our DDC....
#2 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Planning on it! DD1 was born at a FSBC, and I hated getting in the car and driving across town! (We HB'ers sound so spoiled! )

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Count me in! :

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#4 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
Planning on it! DD1 was born at a FSBC, and I hated getting in the car and driving across town! (We HB'ers sound so spoiled! )
this is SOOO true. I transferred for my first birth after 36 hours at home. When I got to the hospital they asked me to freaking REGISTER.. I WAS LIKE UHHHHH WHATTTTTTT?????? I was in excrutiating pain at that point and wanted it to be over. This time will be much better.
#5 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 PM

I am a first timer hoping for a HB in water! I am in the midst of finding a MW now.

I am shocked my DH is so cool with the idea, I thought he would say no way but he is on board!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#6 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 PM

Here! I just have a major blockage against trying to give birth in a hospital, much less driving anywhere in labor. I was born at home, and I was at my brother's hb when I was 10. So I'm a little nuts...it's hb or c/s as far as I'm concerned. I honestly don't think I'd be capable of dilating on display in a medical setting.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#7 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
When I got to the hospital they asked me to freaking REGISTER.. I WAS LIKE UHHHHH WHATTTTTTT?????? I was in excrutiating pain at that point and wanted it to be over.
Unreal... I'm sure the last thing you wanted to be doing was filling out some darn form!

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#8 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

I have some birth trauma that I think I still have not gotten over. I also am trying to pin point my fears and talk freely with DF about our fears as a couple to make sure we have everything out in the open...

I am nervous. I'm afraid my body cannot make the progression it needs without pitocin.
#9 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
Unreal... I'm sure the last thing you wanted to be doing was filling out some darn form!
My HB midwife came with as my doula and she was like, UM DO U THINK MAYBE HER HUSBAND CAN DO THAT???? The nurse looked at her like why? WOW!
#10 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM

count me in. i am hoping that some nice sat night in august will find me and DH around the bathtub enjoying the candlelight and welcoming a new family member. Oh yeah, and maybe the other 3 kids of course.
#11 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwpen View Post
count me in. i am hoping that some nice sat night in august will find me and DH around the bathtub enjoying the candlelight and welcoming a new family member. Oh yeah, and maybe the other 3 kids of course.
I do that, too--I get an image of what it's going to "look" like, which is dangerous because the reality could turn out disappointingly different . . . or delightfully different.

I met a woman who spent her labor baking pies. I'd like to do that because peaches will be in season when I'm due and I'd love peach pie as a distraction.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#12 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
I do that, too--I get an image of what it's going to "look" like, which is dangerous because the reality could turn out disappointingly different . . . or delightfully different.

I met a woman who spent her labor baking pies. I'd like to do that because peaches will be in season when I'm due and I'd love peach pie as a distraction.
mmmmm PEACHES PEACH PIE.. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

The other day, I HAD to have a steak and cheese, provolone, with marinara sauce and mayo WITH HOT PEPPERS... It was freaking amazing...

WAIT, what were we talking about again????????????? LOL
#13 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 PM

I had a homebirth with ds. it was beautiful and peaceful and he was born in the water after 6 hours of active labor. Did I say it was the worst pain I have EVER felt? Just want to be honest. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. Dh was strong and loving, my best friend was supportive, my mom flew from Chicago and got there an hour before he was born. We had an apprentice midwife who was like a doula for the whole labor, and out midwife, who massaged the baby out of me so I did not tear.

The first few months as a dreamy honeymoon, the happiest in our lives.

So, yes, I am doing it again. If the baby comes at night I will birth in our hot tub under the trees and stars, and if during the day (bc it will be too freaking hot) we will do it in our master whirl pool tub. So I am very excited.

We will be using the woman that was the apprentice last time, as our midwife passed away. And my mom will come to be with ds. If he want to be there he can, unless it is too much for him.

I will post the video of ds's birth once I tranfer it to dvd!
#14 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
I had a homebirth with ds. it was beautiful and peaceful and he was born in the water after 6 hours of active labor. Did I say it was the worst pain I have EVER felt? Just want to be honest. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. Dh was strong and loving, my best friend was supportive, my mom flew from Chicago and got there an hour before he was born. We had an apprentice midwife who was like a doula for the whole labor, and out midwife, who massaged the baby out of me so I did not tear.

The first few months as a dreamy honeymoon, the happiest in our lives.

So, yes, I am doing it again. If the baby comes at night I will birth in our hot tub under the trees and stars, and if during the day (bc it will be too freaking hot) we will do it in our master whirl pool tub. So I am very excited.

We will be using the woman that was the apprentice last time, as our midwife passed away. And my mom will come to be with ds. If he want to be there he can, unless it is too much for him.

I will post the video of ds's birth once I tranfer it to dvd!

Thats sad about your midwife. It sounds like you really enjoyed your homebirthing experience. I wish I had a hot tub now! That sounds so awesome!!!!
#15 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
mmmmm PEACHES PEACH PIE.. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

The other day, I HAD to have a steak and cheese, provolone, with marinara sauce and mayo WITH HOT PEPPERS... It was freaking amazing...

WAIT, what were we talking about again????????????? LOL

Quote:
I have some birth trauma that I think I still have not gotten over. I also am trying to pin point my fears and talk freely with DF about our fears as a couple to make sure we have everything out in the open...

I am nervous. I'm afraid my body cannot make the progression it needs without pitocin.
You can do it!! We were MADE to do this. I truly believe that now. Just do everything you can to prepare your body for labor - I know you'll be fine mama.

I'm planning on a water-at home-VBAC. At the moment, it all still seems so surreal, so I'm not nervous yet. My first MW appt is on the 20th, and I think I know who I'm going with but might interview a couple of more to be sure.

My biggest thing is I'm not very good with pain usually, and I have never pushed before, so I'm a little apprehensive about what that's going to be like. From what I've read, I know that I should wait for my body to signal to me when to push, or to even wait and let it push for me. So that's reassuring, to know that i won't be sitting there turning blue in the face while the baby doesn't budge. lol I'm gearing up to start working toward my dream birth pretty soon - reading Ina May's Guide to Birth right now, I have a pre-natal yoga dvd on it's way to me in the mail, and I'm planning on getting at least one hypnobabies CD. And meditating. NOW is the time to start - I've talked about it and thought about it for I don't know how long now, tried it once not too long ago, my back started really hurting and it was all I could think about, so I gave up. I've just gotta keep at it until I find a way of doing it that works. And I've never had a greater incentive than now.

OH, and planning on getting my hands on some RRL tea soon too - I hear that stuff is great for helping make labor easier.

We can do this, mamas!! :

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#16 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM

another homebirth here! I had some hospital birth trauma with #1 and went to therapy for many months leading up to my homebirth with #2. #3 is on it's way and I am so ready for it....well, I gotta figure out how to pay for the birth, but it'll happen whether I'm paid up or not!

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#17 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm an apprentice midwife, excitedly awaiting my first homebirth.
#18 of 59 Old 01-08-2009, 11:59 PM

me too! I'm having another one

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

#19 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
you can do it! I was afraid of that too, my first daughter was an induction... with #2 she went 2 weeks and 2 days past her due date and I really started to think maybe my body just WOULDN'T go into labor. It just turns out that my babies bake extra long.

oh and natural labor hurts a lot less (in my experience) than pitocin-induced labor.

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

#20 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 AM

My husband and I are planning on a homebirth! It's nice to hear from others with similar hopes! Having worked in the medical field for a few years, I just feel there's no way I want to give birth in a medical environment unless there's a good reason for it.

We're also using hypnobabies since I have experience with hypnosis and know it helps me in general. At this point I feel confident that I can handle any discomfort that comes up. I hope I keep my confidence as the big day draws near.

I like to be prepared, so we interviewed and chose a midwife before I even got pregnant. I think I want to labor in the water, but the midwife said she is most comfortable with the mother getting out of the tub prior to birth so she has immediate access if there are any last-minute difficulties, and I think I'm okay with that.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#21 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 01:23 AM

We too are planning a homebirth. At first DH wasn't too sure, but if you talk about it enough and keep bringing home articles and book... sooner or later they cave and want to know more. He won't watch any videos however, hahah which is ok with me. I'm trying to find someone other than my OB (who I've never met before and was just assigned a random name on the list... I hate that) to see for care. However, where we live Midwifery is mostly illegal (only CNM in hospitals is allowed I think). So we are trying to decide what to do.
#22 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Kathryn, you can do it! I lived in Atlanta for awhile and there were def mindwives who did homebirths. I would just ask around. Thorn is also in Atlanta, and is really networked so I bet she can help you. Or, you can always drive up to the farm
#23 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Mommy View Post
We too are planning a homebirth. At first DH wasn't too sure, but if you talk about it enough and keep bringing home articles and book... sooner or later they cave and want to know more. He won't watch any videos however, hahah which is ok with me. I'm trying to find someone other than my OB (who I've never met before and was just assigned a random name on the list... I hate that) to see for care. However, where we live Midwifery is mostly illegal (only CNM in hospitals is allowed I think). So we are trying to decide what to do.
I'm in Monroe, a couple of hours from you. I can give you names and contact info for a couple of midwives that I'm interviewing, if you'd like.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#24 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 02:56 AM

I will be having my third home waterbirth and my fourth waterbirth (DS was born at a waterbirth center). And my fifth waterlabor (with DD1 I spent all of active labor in a darkened hospital jacuzzi room in the tub - they made me get out to push). Homebirth, and especially homewaterbirth is the only way I will choose to birth!

Robin and dh-Mark married 1997
Kiana - 1999, Quinn - 2002, Ciela - 2004, Carina - 2006 and Sullivan born 8-18-09
#25 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 AM

Count me in as well. We've had 2 home births and I wouldn't even consider any place else for birthing....unless I get dramatically ill or something strange. Both my labors were short and similiar in progression EXCEPT my SECOND labor was the most excrutiating pain in my life, whereas my first really wasn't so bad. So that makes me a little more nervous for my third.
#26 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM

This is me as well. DD was born in hospital, her water broke naturally and after 12 hours of nothing but laying in a bed they started me on pit. They threw the 'its been too long you need a c/s' a lot. But luckily I had done my homeowrk and DH and I kept throwing real laws back at the lol.

In some ways I feel like I am setting my self up for disaster. I don't have health insurance so in a a lot of ways a home birth is our only a ffrodable option. I worry that fear will get me transfer. I know a lot of mamas are doing hypnubabies or bradly but I really don't have money for eaither. If money miraculously comes to us I will do hypnobabies. But on the other hand, I really want a homebirth I want that empowerig experience because I know that I am made to do this. I am not made to lay in a hospital bed hooked up to needles and have some angry nurse yell epideral and c/s in my face (which they didn't actually, I don't really have a lot of trauma from dds birth)

But my pig headed determination got me through all the pain of nursing and I nursed dd for 26 months, all i need is my mom telling me it can't be done and I will do it just to prove her worng lol

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#27 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 AM

We're planning either a HB or BC birth this time as long as everything looks good on the fetal echo. I had a nice hospital birth wit DS1 in Boston and a great HB with DS2. I don't want to have to drive in labor but we're also slightly nervous about being a bit far from the hospital at home. DS2's medical issues make us a little more nervous this time around.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#28 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM

We are planning our first homebirth with this baby. I am sooo excited!!!
#29 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 PM

we are planning our third home birth/water birth. I don't think i could give birth in hospital, i have to be left on my own during labour, don't talk to me and don't touch me, and don't tell me what to do. might have a uc / might call the mw, will decide on the day.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#30 of 59 Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Count me in!
DS was supposed to be born at home but some extreme complications arose and my MW transferred me to the hospital for what turned into a c-section.
This time around, we are very confident that things will work better as all of the outside circumstances that made things so difficult have been taken care of.
I'm really excited!!!:

Proud Army wife and Momma of two.
Jay-my precious boy 2/20/08 & Caroline-my beautiful HBAC baby 8/22/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page