only 1 mulitple birth Mama so far? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have only seen one mama expecting more than one are there any others?:

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM

there are 3 that I've seen. labortrials, applepiebaby and August09baby
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM

I knew there were at least 2, but 3? wow! There might be a few others that just don't know yet too. I'm guessing we'll hear more when we all get closer to the 18/20 week u/s that most have done.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 01-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I knew there were two but didn't realize there were three either. lol

I'm really kinda disappointed that i'm not one of them. I know that sounds crazy, and I would most likely have a very hard time adjusting if I did have twins....plus DH would have a heart attack. But I was thinking about it a lot since I had read that that if you are nursing during conception it ups your chances of having twins, AND 2 weeks before I conceived, my best friend texted me and said she had dreamed that I was having them. So although I was shocked and scared by the idea, I was kinda getting used to it. I thought it would be perfect if I had fraternal boy/girl twins, so ds could have a brother and I could have the girl I've always wanted. And then we'd be DONE.

Have not had a u/s yet, but I've had NO morning sickness whatsoever - only moments of slight nausea here and there(don't hate me). And I'm really not that big, if you don't count the flab that I had previously. So, most likely there's only one in there. Which is totally fine too of course, I'm just surprised to realize I was actually kind of attached to the idea of twins. Oh well.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Old 01-10-2009, 08:10 PM

--
Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 PM

I'm one of the twin moms! :

Mama*P - I've always thought about twins. How great it would be to get 2 for 1. But the reality of it is pretty life-altering. We're talking about selling our house... DH's truck has lost too much value (we now OWE more than it's worth ) to trade it in for a mini-van... we won't be able to afford daycare, so DH will likely have to be a SAHD, and then everything else... But since I'm turning 36 next week, it's a good thing (assuming that all continues to go well) that we'll have three kids by September!

Twins also really complicate my birth plans. I'm risked out of HB. I'm risked out of the birth center because of my c/s scar. And I'll be hard pressed to find an OB in this town who will support a twin VBAC even if both babies present vertex. Trying not to be discouraged!!!

Oh, and I don't have severe symptoms, I don't think. I must have a high tolerance for progesterone. When I was preg with DD I was so sleepy, and if I didn't eat regularly, I'd start to feel crappy. My boobs KILLED. It's pretty much the same this time except that my sleepiness is more fatigue than anything (and some insomnia), I feel slightly nauseated 24-7, and my boobs are pretty sore.

I'm only 7w but I definitely already have a prego belly in addition to the widening/bloating wasteline.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 PM

mama*pisces, I'm afraid to say this for fear I might jinx myself, but I've been secretly hoping there are two in there. DH and I agreed on ONE child before marriage, and now that thought is making me kind of sad. Having twins would mean two. But yeah, there's the higher risk of complications, limitations on your delivery options, the added cost of having two at once, and the extra challenges of parenting multiples. All the same, I am secretly wishing for two. Don't think that's in the cards for us though. God heard my prayers for DH to come around, and I'll be grateful if there is one healthy baby in my uterus
Old 01-11-2009, 07:09 AM

Mama*pisces, you just never know! My good friend was measuring normal, minimal first trimester stuff, went to her sono at 20 weeks, sure she was going to find out she was having a girl...identical twin boys!

Personally, I think I would go insane if I had twins and I fear them...which is why I always have an irrational fear that I'm having them, you know?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM

i am also wishing for twins. 4 and a bit years ago when i was just around 12 weeks with DD1 i had pain and then bleeding, went to hospital, i was so sure i had lost my baby, my M/S went right down. i had a scan the next day (kept in over night) there was a nice healthy 11.5day fetus kicking away, happy as anything, behind her was an empty sac, with some debris in it and i swear i saw the remains of a cord ot something. DD1 was fine, but the twin we didnt even know about had left us.

if i am carrying twins i am done.

i am ot showing at all but i do have a pretty flabby tummy, i am tired all the time, infact i jsut woke up from a half hour nap, i fell asleep with the lap top on my lap, without realiseing i was asleep, last thing i remember is DH saying lunch would be ready soon, then boom he is shaking me awake to eat telling me i had been asleep for half an hour. i have all day nausea, all friken day. not little to no vomiting (twice so far) i am always thirsty, but i am nursing DD2 (15 months) too.

i should get a scan in about 4 weeks unless my MW sends me for a early one.

Kiz
Old 01-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Lab, I'm sorry that having twins is putting a lot of stress on you financially, etc. I have the same worries. I hope everything works out for you in the end; things usually have a way of working themselves out in the long run but I can understand your fears.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 01-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Several weeks ago my sister had a dream that I had twin girls. She doesn't know that I am pregnant. She also had a dream while I was pregnant with DD where our dad (who has passed) gave her the most beautifully wrapped pink package as a baby gift. We didn't know that we were having a girl.

So needless to say the thought is always somewhere in the back of my mind. I think that twins would be really difficult for me to handle...but of course I'd get over it. It would also alter alot of financial stuff for us too.

Only time will tell....

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Lab, I'm sorry that having twins is putting a lot of stress on you financially, etc. I have the same worries. I hope everything works out for you in the end; things usually have a way of working themselves out in the long run but I can understand your fears.
Oh I'm blowing off steam. We'll find a way. I have NOTHING to complain about. After 3 consecutive losses, this is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoremybabe View Post
Only time will tell....
My brother and my DH both dreamed I am having twins. Bro dreamed about twin boys. OMG! That's cool about your sister.
You getting a u/s or gonna find out the old fashioned way?

DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Labortrials - We'll be getting a 20 week ultrasound. 10.5 weeks to go!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Banned

I am carrying twins ::
Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 PM

from my u/s at 6 weeks 6 days we only saw one baby...I do have a set of twins that are 6...but unless there is one hiding in there somewhere...there is just one baby this time...I would have been ok with either senerio...it will be so weird just dealing with one baby this time..lol..nice but weird....having twins was/is amazing...but hard too
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytobe View Post
did you have a scan?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

So I had a dream last night I was having twins then they found out later in the dream it was triplets!! I have mulitples opn the brain only 10 weeks to see if any of it is true

Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Oooh, I will find out on Thursday... I honestly would be way to overwhelmed with twins, but I would of course be happy. I honestly don't know how women do it, though. My biggest thing during pregnancy would be to create as dependable and as big of a support network as I could. Women are just not meant to be home along, with no extended family close daily community and dad at work. Not with one baby, and esp not with more than one!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytobe View Post
Oh wow! Congrats. I see you're due in September - when's your "term" EDD? Mine is August 27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
So I had a dream last night I was having twins then they found out later in the dream it was triplets!! I have mulitples opn the brain only 10 weeks to see if any of it is true
That's a LONG time to wait, don'tcha think. What a cool dream - well, I'd FREAK if I were having triplets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Oooh, I will find out on Thursday... I honestly would be way to overwhelmed with twins, but I would of course be happy. I honestly don't know how women do it, though. My biggest thing during pregnancy would be to create as dependable and as big of a support network as I could. Women are just not meant to be home along, with no extended family close daily community and dad at work. Not with one baby, and esp not with more than one!
So true. Our nearest family is over 900 miles away. Well, we have cousins and stuff closer, but no one is close enough to be helpful on a day to day basis. I'm hoping there's some sort of multip support group here in town...

Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

triplets would be crazy at least with twins you still have two hands to hold them and 2 boobs to feed them but 3 I dont have 3 arms and boobs lol!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM

Heh, I'm pretty sure theres only one in there atm... though I do feel like I'm 'bigger' than I was last time. But still basicly no morning sickness other thans ome naseua early on...

I would *love* to have twins though. I think. And, actually talking to DH's family there IS a history of twins in his family!! And even triplets!! :boggle: But yeah, I'm assuming just one, though since we haven't heard the heart beat (too early last time) or had an ultrasound yet of any sort... it could be!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM

We have a history of twins and triplets in both our families, but there is only one peanut on board. I would love to have twins next time, especially since I will be in my mid-thirties when we have another baby. That's the greatest two-for-one deal ever!!!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
Heh, I'm pretty sure theres only one in there atm... though I do feel like I'm 'bigger' than I was last time. But still basicly no morning sickness other thans ome naseua early on...

I would *love* to have twins though. I think. And, actually talking to DH's family there IS a history of twins in his family!! And even triplets!! :boggle: But yeah, I'm assuming just one, though since we haven't heard the heart beat (too early last time) or had an ultrasound yet of any sort... it could be!!
my dh also has a history of twins on his side, but apparently that doesn't make any difference if we will have twins (boo!). identical (mz) twins are random occurrence, and fraternal (dz) are familial on the mother's side (because she ovulates two eggs at once)
Old 01-14-2009, 02:23 AM

We're having twins! We foudn out last Thursday, via u/s. It was a shock, our first doc appt, and since we were so "late" getting in (I'll never understand the need to start seeing the woman RIGHT NOW... especially when it's not her first pregnancy!!), she wanted to do an u/s right away. I had actually sent DH and the kids out, b/c it was a vaginal u/s, but she turned on the machine and said I should probably call DH back in. At which time I slightly freaked, thinking she saw empty sacks or something, but she said there were two, and turned the moniter to show me, and there they were, kickin and playin away!! I had TOLD DH that this pregnancy was just wierd, and that I was showing WAY too early, and couldn't figure out why, so it was GREAT to finally ahve a reason. I'm hyperthyroid, so the two risk me out of a hb, and there are NO birth centers ANYWHERE nearby here, but I've been assured teh hospital is VERY NCB friendly.

And I can feel the PP who mentioned the financial issue: Our van won't carry two more, we don't have enough seatbelts, so we were already freaking on Thursday night about getting a new one, then it died on Friday, DH is seeing if he can fix it. And our house is WAY too small... and there's just a MILLION things that need done. I had to back out of my brother's wedding in Jamacia and let my FSIL down (I was her last attendant who was going, her MOH), because we simply can't afford to take all of us. (Not that I'd want to be oan a cruise 20 weeks preg with twins, anyway, but still, I felt bad. My mom had pretty much paid for the cruise, but we had to get our family of 5 there, plus excursions, and spending money, it was still a mint.)

Anyway, it's great to be here!

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, congrats kchara! What a surprise, huh? Your dh must have been freaking out looking at that screen - I know mine would have been!

We're both due on the same day!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Old 01-14-2009, 06:09 PM

We confirmed twins at an early ultrasound (6.5 weeks) on Monday this week, but we're cautiously optimistic about getting to hold them both come August. One of the babies has a weird looking sac that's smaller and compressed, but does have a fetal pole. The doctor was very dismissive of the second baby, pretty much declaring him/her dead, and didn't even measure the fetal pole or look for a heartbeat. I think they implanted 7 days apart based on my feelings during the luteal phase, and that's why one is so much smaller. We'll go in for another ultrasound hopefully on Friday if I can get the darn thing scheduled.

It's definitely an emotional roller coaster right now, but I would absolutely be overjoyed to have them both hang in there and join our family. Only time will tell.

User Tag List