#31 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I took some belly pics, they're at my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26954624@N00/

I wasn't this big until about 16 or so weeks when pregnant with #1, and about 14 weeks with #2. I wonder how big I will get this time...

I had a poochy belly to begin with as well, but not THIS poochy.

So glad to know I am not the only one who's already in maternity wear.
Talula, you have an adorable baby bump! I'm just poochy and big in the belly -- I feel like people are wondering but won't ask. I hadn't lost the weight from #2, so I'm still in my heavier clothes anyway. :
#32 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 PM

pbreffe, I'm due 8/12 as well!
#33 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjig View Post
Talula, you have an adorable baby bump! I'm just poochy and big in the belly -- I feel like people are wondering but won't ask. I hadn't lost the weight from #2, so I'm still in my heavier clothes anyway. :
Thank you

I feel you. I gained 40 lbs in '08, so I had to buy all new clothes. Even so, some of them were a little borderline becuase a 16 is so hard to find...so yeah. Very few things fit anymore.
#34 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you

I feel you. I gained 40 lbs in '08, so I had to buy all new clothes. Even so, some of them were a little borderline becuase a 16 is so hard to find...so yeah. Very few things fit anymore.
Does it make you feel better that I'm 5'3" and gained 65 lbs with each pregnancy? I lost it all after number 1, but number 2 just turned a year old and I'm still 30 lbs up. *sigh* I just blow up like a balloon when pregnant.

Jillian and Thorn, love the pictures! I posted before I had looked at everyone's.
#35 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjig View Post
Does it make you feel better that I'm 5'3" and gained 65 lbs with each pregnancy? I lost it all after number 1, but number 2 just turned a year old and I'm still 30 lbs up. *sigh* I just blow up like a balloon when pregnant.

Jillian and Thorn, love the pictures! I posted before I had looked at everyone's.
Maybe a little! I usually don't gain much in pregnancy, probably because I am so sick for a lot of it, but I take awhile to lose the pregnancy weight and I'm prone to weight fluctuations (usually gain).
#36 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I saw that response and thought "must be her first baby" then I saw your signature. Ask me how I knew
ya got me!

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#37 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 02:38 PM

This pg has been weird. I'm not so much pooching out as pooching up and down. I think my bladder has been squished to the size of a pea, and I can feel that organs have moved their way up over my belly button already, making my fat roll above my belly button look as big as the spare tire below (usually it's flatter). So my pants are still fitting fine, but I feel like my entire abdomen is filled to the brim.

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#38 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRose View Post
This pg has been weird. I'm not so much pooching out as pooching up and down. I think my bladder has been squished to the size of a pea, and I can feel that organs have moved their way up over my belly button already, making my fat roll above my belly button look as big as the spare tire below (usually it's flatter). So my pants are still fitting fine, but I feel like my entire abdomen is filled to the brim.
I know that feeling! Do you feel like you can't eat as much as usual? I feel like my intestines are in my ribcage and I can't eat very much AT ALL. It isn't a morning sickness thing, I just can't fit anything into my stomach! Man am I in for it when this baby gets bigger... I wouldn't be surprised if I couldnt eat more than 1 bite!!

*Krystyna* SAHM to: Lillyanna (03-05-04) & Bryleigh (07-09-09)
#39 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnItalianMomma09 View Post
I know that feeling! Do you feel like you can't eat as much as usual? I feel like my intestines are in my ribcage and I can't eat very much AT ALL. It isn't a morning sickness thing, I just can't fit anything into my stomach! Man am I in for it when this baby gets bigger... I wouldn't be surprised if I couldnt eat more than 1 bite!!
I feel that way too. I can only eat these puny little meals. I dunno if it's the morning sickness or if there really is less room in there. Who knows! Just as well though because big meals make me queasy.
#40 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnItalianMomma09 View Post
I know that feeling! Do you feel like you can't eat as much as usual?
Yes! I can feel the pressure on the bottom side of my stomach pushing food up (which really sucks for a person like me with a hiatal hernia). It's also getting tougher to get deep breaths.

I'm a pretty tall person (5'10"), so I guess this kiddo is taking the path of least resistance until he/she can't anymore!

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#41 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm almost 9 weeks with my 2nd and my clothes are getting snug. I just realized that it's uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach now which is a bummer for me. I just feel like I'm lying on a grapefruit and it feels weird and kinda achy. I don't remember this happening until much later in the pregnancy with my first. Is this tyical for a 2nd baby?
Also, I'm eating a ton. If my stomach doesn't have much in it then I'm sick. I'm sure I've gained weight so I'm glad it's big sweater season.
#42 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabreak View Post
I'm almost 9 weeks with my 2nd and my clothes are getting snug. I just realized that it's uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach now which is a bummer for me. I just feel like I'm lying on a grapefruit and it feels weird and kinda achy. I don't remember this happening until much later in the pregnancy with my first. Is this tyical for a 2nd baby?
Also, I'm eating a ton. If my stomach doesn't have much in it then I'm sick. I'm sure I've gained weight so I'm glad it's big sweater season.
Yes, it's typical. You get bigger faster with every pregnancy.
#43 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 06:12 PM

I am not really showing yet...I took forever to show with number one...she was iugr though..not very big...and I never got very big by the time I delivered her at 35/36 weeks...My second preg was twins...and it still took a while for me to show...with my twins I looked pregnant with one...lol...I thought being thin and this being my 3rd preg that I would be at least showing a bit sooner...we will see....I am 10 weeks this week
#44 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm pregnant with my first, and I'm noticing that I have flab that just doesn't get sucked in anymore when I try, : I'm not overly skinny, but the top part of my abdomen is starting to round out to match the bottom.
#45 of 59 Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 PM

I remember it taking so long to show with DS1 I barely looked preg at all at 3 mos along. Not so much this time.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#46 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 AM

I definitely feel HUGE! This is baby number 3 and I think I look about 5 months pregnant, it is a little strange since I haven't gained any weight. I stuck right out with number 2 also. My husband laughs and tells me I'm not even trying to suck it in but trust me I am. I feel embarrassed to say I'm due in august because most people asking realize that is still very far away! At least I haven't broken out with the maternity clothes yet
#47 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 AM

this was me at 7 weeks (last week)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/...eb0054.jpg?v=0

This is crazy. I have only had one before this one, and started showing at 12 weeks with her. I am already in maternity clothes and DD started calling me "BIG mommy".
#48 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 AM

I remember feeling so pregnant at 27 weeks with my first. We went to Disney land at that point and I rememebr being so mad that no one was noticing I was pregnant. I look at those pictures now and have to laugh at myself.... I am about the same size now... at nine weeks

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#49 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM

I'm pg with my first. My clothes are still fitting but pants are all getting tight! I haven't had morning sickness--which is great--but it also means I eat all the time! I'm constantly hungry! My boobs are big and full and heavy! I don't have a bump yet but I'm sure my coworkers are noticing that I'm gaining weight. I am eager to tell the world I'm pregnant and to have a cute bump so people just don't think I'm gaining weight for no reason!
#50 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Ahh to be preg with my first again! Lol

Tiger, since you don't have MS it is a wonderful advantage for you to eat all the healthy things that are good for baby!

#51 of 59 Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM

i am 12 weeks and just now starting to have a little tiny pooch. Which only I can probably see. hahahaha
A "friend" of mine is pregnant with her 3rd, and claims she "DIDNT KNOW" and is now 4 months along.
I call BS on that, as everyone knows your body as a 3 time mother would be showing GREATLY at 4 months.
She is tiny, but I don't think that should matter.
How could you not recognize the symptoms with your 3rd? So confusing.
Has anyone else with 2 others had this happen??

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#52 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 PM

12.5 weeks and I don't feel like I'm showing much, but I feel very pregnant, full to the brim.

I enjoyed the belly pics here and may post a couple myself when I have more to show.

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

#53 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...6/DSC03853.jpg

12 weeks 4 days, preg with twins

My 6 yr old took the pic, so that's why it's blurry and I'm in the middle of telling her which button to press LOL

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#54 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 03:57 PM

I'm all ready to post pics now, but unfortunately I can't find my camera battery charger anywhere, so you all are going to have to wait.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#55 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 PM

Beautiful pic applepiebaby

I would get my daughter to take a good pic of me, she is awesome with a camera, but I can't find my stupid camera charger either I could use my iphone, which I probably will later today, but the pics don't come out nearly as well as my camera

#56 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 PM

When I put on my maternity pants I look six month pregnant! I am only 11 weeks. I have a spare tire anyway so when pregnant I look really pregnant. I am learning to accept looking so pregnant.

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#57 of 59 Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 PM

Lovely belly shot applepie!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#58 of 59 Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 PM

I can see a slight difference in my lower tummy area but most of my friends haven't noticed a difference yet. I have always been a very slim person (hence the name) and pretty tall. So, I am the one that looks like I have a baby bump every time I eat a nice, big meal. That has always been the joke with me.... that I had a "food baby". I am sure that is what most of my friends would think of if they even thought I looked like I had a little bump. I had to start using a rubber band with my pants about a week ago, so, I know that my body is changing. However, if I posted a pic you guys would probably laugh because you wouldn't be able to see much.
Oh yeah, I am right around 9 weeks now.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#59 of 59 Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM

Yep, totally showing at 12 weeks...even people that I don't know say, "I knew it!" when I mention I'm pregnant...I'd love for just one person to say, "Oh really? Wow, you don't look pregnant at all!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page