bleeding again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh. I had an u/s on thursday (9w1d) that showed a heartbeat of 136, and the baby was measuring just the right size.

I'm spotting now. gooey red-brown clotty things when I wipe, only a little on the pantyliner. It almost looks like very bloody mucous instead of just blood, like the end of my period. I'm also having some cramping. It isn't so bad it takes my breath away, and it is intermittent.

I wonder if the transvaginal u/s stirred something up? if it was just from cervical irritation, I wonder if I'd be having cramps. We haven't had sex in almost a week (poor dh has pneumonia), so it isn't from that. I guess if the cramps and bleeding get worse, I'll know what's going on. Hopefully it goes away over night.

I'm just going to sit here and hug this tree and try to relax : if something is wrong there's nothing to be done about it, it's out of my control.
#2 of 34 Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Of course, not in your group, but saw it pop up.

Wishing you sticky baby and peaceful thoughts.

-Angela
#3 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 AM

I had horrible bleeding and clotting a while back. The baby ended up being fine, and no one could pinpoint why I was bleeding. Try not to worry, it doesn't sound horrible. Drink some water and lay down. If it gets worse or doesn't go away by tomorrow, I'd go see your doc just to be safe, and ease your mind Good luck, and

*Krystyna* SAHM to: Lillyanna (03-05-04) & Bryleigh (07-09-09)
#4 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 AM

Drink lots of water and get some rest. Call the doctor tomorrow. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I too am hugging this tree : for you and your bean!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#5 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 AM

x3 : Sending you tons of positive vibes, I hope that this is just one of those random occurrences that passes quickly and doesn't mean anything. Get some rest mama, and keep us posted.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#6 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

thanks (and hi angela you're everywhere) for the :

I think I might just be one of those people that bleed.

I forget where I saw it, but someone said to stop worrying and enjoy being pregnant in the moment. The pregnancy may not stick, but *right now* you are pregnant. worrying won't change anything. I'm letting go of my worry and holding on to this tree : (trying to harness my inner zen)
#7 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 AM

I'm pretty new on this board, but I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Hang in there.... and I love your attitude... hope you really are as positive as you sound, it makes a world of difference sometimes!

Grumpy72 ::
M 6/2001, S 12/2005, E 6/2009 (31wkr) & birth-mum to H 9/2003
#8 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 AM

transvag u/s can definitely cause bleeding. Your cervix is generally more sensitive during pregnancy and maybe you are one of those people who is just extra sensitive? I really hope that is all it is, I know this isn't the first time you've been through this and I am hoping that this little bean of yours sticks around until August :
#9 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 04:39 AM

Obviously not from you DDC but I seriously doubt it was the VAG u/s I have had 3 this pregnancy (early in the preg one at 6 wks and one at like 9) for bleeding. I was bleeding before the vag u/s though. I also had one like a month or so ago to check to make sure I wasnt having any preterm stuff and dialating. I'm high risk though too with any pregnancy, but the vag u/s's to me were very gentle much more so than any other exam. Did they do a pelvic exam...that can cause bleeding. You may just be a bleeder like I was though ((((hugs)))).

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#10 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 AM

A vaginal u/s can make you bleed. Some people are just bleeders. If you look at my cervix the wrong way I bleed. I've bled from vaginal u/s, internal exams, and sex. It really just depends on the person. Either way, I hope the bleeding stops and it is nothing. Sending healthy, sticky baby vibes your way.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#11 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but thank you for sharing about bleeding and your feelings. I had a great pregnancy with DD, but this pregnancy, I am a spotter. It is just like how you describe. It is mucusy, and darker blood, and only a little occasionally when I wipe. It happened sometime after sex, but sometimes not. It always happened after drinking RRL tea, but less often since I stopped drinking it. It is always accompanied by minor cramping; a few times the cramping was pretty bad. I am having a hard time getting happy at all about this pregnancy since I think that I could miscarry at any time. I didn't want to tell anyone at all just until recently, but now I have decided that I am going to love this baby for as long as I have it for. Still hard though.
Thank you for your strength.
#12 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Hold on to that tree...I hope everything is ok sending positive thoughts your way.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#13 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM

hope everything is OK!

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#14 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

I just looked at my chart, where I mark whether or not I took the progesterone and I missed it on Friday I fell asleep on the couch and then went straight up to bed with out taking it. I'm supposed to stop the prog on Weds, but I wonder if that's going to cause spotting. I guess we'll see.

I guess it might have been the u/s - I don't spot after sex, but an u/s wand is a lot harder than a penis iykwim. The u/s tech was pretty gentle, but it may have contributed. I'm pretty upset/conflicted about the u/s. I wanted one to confirm viability, but seeing a HB doesn't mean that you won't have a m/c. The spotting, which may or may not be due to the u/s, is stressing me out. So it may have had the opposite effect than I was expecting (more stress rather than reassurance). FWIW, I have not had any internal exams just the transvaginal u/s, I won't have any internals until 36w (for gbs swab) unless I feel like I've got an infection (they are apparently not standard with the OB I'm using)
#15 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but thank you for sharing about bleeding and your feelings. I had a great pregnancy with DD, but this pregnancy, I am a spotter. It is just like how you describe. It is mucusy, and darker blood, and only a little occasionally when I wipe. It happened sometime after sex, but sometimes not. It always happened after drinking RRL tea, but less often since I stopped drinking it. It is always accompanied by minor cramping; a few times the cramping was pretty bad. I am having a hard time getting happy at all about this pregnancy since I think that I could miscarry at any time. I didn't want to tell anyone at all just until recently, but now I have decided that I am going to love this baby for as long as I have it for. Still hard though.
Thank you for your strength.
wishing you peace
#16 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Take care and rest. I had spotting every time I was poked down below with anything throughout my pregnancy with DS. Some of us are bleeders. It was hard for me not to worry. I hope you can think peaceful, happy, lovely, bouncing bean thoughts. I'm sending some good vibes your way.
#17 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM

I hope everything is ok. :

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#18 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM

Transvaginal u/s and exams can cause spotting. I've had loads over time, and I'm always warned to expect it. Also, it's not unusual to still experience some residual implantation bleeding all the way through the first trimester. If it's mostly brownish, there's generally not cause for concern. Also, if it's pink or watery red, it's often ok. When it's the dark menstrual red, or when it's prolonged spottinging, you should definately notify your care provider (but even then, it's not necessarily bad or a sign of the end).

The clotty appearance of your spotting could be the brown old blood mixing with your normally clear pregnancy discharge. It could appear to be a clot when it's really not. As for the crampiness, that could also be caused by the exam. I'm always tender, more aware of my uterus, after an internal exam. To me, it feels nearly bruise-like instead of the rhythmic cramp/contraction-like feel.

Thinking of you, mama. Take it easy, get lots of rest, drink lots of water, and do not worry. Please do keep us updated.

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#19 of 34 Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 PM

: Another one hugging a tree for you ...

I had mucousy slimy brown spotting for a week at about 8 weeks - I had a pap and a vaginal u/s during that time and the Dr said that the type of spotting I had was normal and that I may get more after the u/s. I don't know about the missed hormone, though. Good luck, honey!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#20 of 34 Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=bluebirdmama1;13068135]It always happened after drinking RRL tea, but less often since I stopped drinking it. It is always accompanied by minor cramping; a few times the cramping was pretty bad. /QUOTE]
A mw/herbalist I know didn't recommend that I drink any RRL tea in the 1st trimester. It is an uterine tonic that can stimulate the uterus. So, in your case, probably the RRL isn't a good idea for now. I hope that your cramping and spotting stops soon and stays away!!!

Texaspeach, good for you for trying to stay positive through this scary time. Are you getting another u/s soon? Or are you gonna talk to another doc about your kidneys? Can anything be done for you???

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#21 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

update:

bright, bright red bleeding today. I went and peed and when I looked into the toilet it was red, and there was blood at wipe. it's definitely coming from my vagina. my heart stopped when I saw all that blood. I still feel like everything is ok for now. If it keeps up I'll call the OB in the AM. DH and I are getting married tomorrow (we're common law married and have a notarized paper saying as much which the state recognizes, but want to make it legal-legal so I can change my name) and it's our 7 year anniversary, too. I really hope the baby is still with us. Last time, I had the d&c on feb 1. I don't want a repeat. come on baby, stick.

my tree is getting a work out : I am not in control of this. what ever is going to happen is going to happen.

labortrials, my kidneys are ok, it's my optic nerve they're worried about I've got another scan scheduled for feb 11. I may try to go in to the OB tomorrow and see if they can find the hb with the doppler. Last week, they found it at 9w1d
#22 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM

I am still here hoping and praying for you.Maybe that baby is just super wiggly and making sure that it is burrowed in nice and deep
have fun tomorrw.

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#23 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 05:00 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this
#24 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 07:16 PM

I am praying for you. And congratulations on your marriage, I hope all goes wonderfully, and that your baby is healthy.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#25 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 07:16 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this!! I just wanted to mention I had an episode about a week-and-a-half ago of gushing bright red blood and passing two plum-sized clots. I was certain I'd miscarried. I went to the ER that day, and baby was fine on sono. Still fine at 12 week sono yesterday. The bleeding was/is officially unexplained. We have some theories, but no answers. My OB says that happens to some women from time to time and as long as it doesn't continue, it's often ok. I hope, hope, hope all is well with your little one too.

Here's my blog post recounting the experience:

http://about-the-baby.blogspot.com/2...gattitown.html

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#26 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Amanda (I'm an Amanda too!) thanks for sharing your experience, you have certainly been through a lot of excitement with this pregnancy I really appreciate all the info you've shared over the past weeks. If everything ends up ok, I guess I'm just one of those people that bleed. I know that sometimes it just happens, and a reason is never found. It's so nerve wracking to finally think you can relax and breathe and then have more bleeding.
#27 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Feel free to pm or email if you need an ear.

-Angela
#28 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 PM

This has been an eventful pregnancy for us both!! If our pregnancies are any indication of what our little babies will be like later, we're both in big trouble! Keep us updated, friend...

#29 of 34 Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 PM

Sending lots of hugs and sticky baby vibes your way. I hope you have a beautiful wedding tomorrow I'm sorry you are going through this.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#30 of 34 Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 AM

thinking of you and hoping all is well :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page