What NFL things is this baby(ies) going to have to endure? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Mamma View Post
curious -- what does placenta taste like. i've heard of all of the benefits. but i get squeamish around blood.
I didn't taste anything. I blended it with strawberries, yogurt, and bananas. couldn't even tell it was in there

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#62 of 64 Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM

planning an intervention free hospital birth... last time I had the IV for GBS, so going to try "the garlic protocol" to try and avoid that this time. no eye goop, no hep B. we do the vitamin K though.

our son will remain intact.

I breastfeed exclusively for 6 months before solids, and will probably be tandeming with dd#2

we used cloth diapers for 2 years and I've been on a hiatus since getting pg this time. I will probably go back to it when he is born but I'm not positive. for some reason I have lost the CD love...

I am open to cosleeping if baby wants it, or crib sleeping if they don't. I have had one of each sleeping preference so I know how different they can be!

babywearing, again if the baby likes it. dd1 it was a lifesaver, dd2 never got into it as much. although with 3 kids I think it might be more of a necessity for ME whether or not he likes it

we delay/selectively vax.

we are planning on homeschooling.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#63 of 64 Old 03-19-2009, 03:24 PM

home birth

no circ (if applicable)

planting the placenta

ebf to 12+ months/tandem nurse (i still can't wrap my head around this, but dd is has her own titties fan club, weaning would break her little heart)

i do oral vitamin k supplements for the first six weeks

cosleeping

babywearing...a lot!

selective/delayed vax

baby led solids

i've considered cd, but honestly my babywearing habit is pricey enough. can't imagine trying to sell db on another stash.

LAMamma - i would love to come over, take a bath and then scrub your tub. it sounds like the ritz at your joint. and i hope they make little twin-sized squeegees so they can help mama out!

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#64 of 64 Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasAnn View Post
I will Illinois had all three offered. It'd make things so much easier!

Here is a map I find very helpful that outlines what states offer what exceptions:

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...uirements.aspx

Yeah I turned religious all of a sudden. Hubby was a little worried

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page