I think I left my pelvic bone in the parking lot... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can really tell I have started the spreading. I did this with DD but not quite as early. Mainly, I can tell the front of my pelvic bone is in a new place because when I twist or attempt to use lower abs, the two sides aren't working together. I am not sure if I am making any sense.

Well, I went to load the van with groceries and when I was twisting to put milk in the back, I pulled something on my right hip. The pain shot from down low, around my vagina, up through my right hip and into my back and buttock. It took my breath away. This was 6 hours ago and I am still sore. The soreness is worse when I try to stand or walk.

I have been trying to stretch out a bit but I think I just need some time. It just seems too early for this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Ouch! So sorry! Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM

OMG - I'm sorry, honey!

If it's any consolation, my vagina is hanging down by my knees right now. Oh, the pressure!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, that does not sound like fun! Here's a suggestion to help you re-strengthen everything after the injury (also good for all of us to do daily!)

Lay down on your back with your knees up and feet flat on the floor. Put a folded pillow or rolled up towel between your knees. Contract your legs together and hold for 5-10 second and then release. Repeat 10-20 times, depending on what feels good for your body.

This will really help to strengthen everything and help with holding your pelvis together, even as your ligaments continue relaxing. Especially helps to prevent pubic symphysis (the semi-movable joint between your two pubic bones) separation or imbalance which as I'm sure some of you know, can be extremely painful!

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Oh! This just happened to me the other day and I saw my chiro today and am feeling a bit better. I was putting my pants on and when I lifted my leg I felt and heard a pop. I had been in pain ever since. I don't doubt I'll need a few more adjustments in the future to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&BabyChiro View Post

Lay down on your back with your knees up and feet flat on the floor. Put a folded pillow or rolled up towel between your knees. Contract your legs together and hold for 5-10 second and then release. Repeat 10-20 times, depending on what feels good for your body.
I would love to try this- normally it really helps with lower back/ hip pain for me. But I have major issues with early pelvic separation. I simply can not even do this exercise at this point. If I squeeze my legs/thighs around something or together (even lightly) a very loud "POP" noise happens followed with pain and usually crying. I have to be soooooo careful of how I position my legs and hips, how I walk, turn lift, sleep. etc. It sucks. Luckily it does get better about 6 weeks after the baby is born (based on my other little ones) It doesn't last forever.

OP- I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)

User Tag List