time to move into slip on shoes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can no longer bend down and buckle my sandals. Tried every possible way but it is not happening.

I think for today I am going to have DH do it for me today. I was really set on wearing these shoes.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 AM

I know what you mean. I just about can't tie my shoes anymore. The only slip ons I have won't work with shorts, so I guess I'm going to need to be on the look out for something else. LOL I finally got my toes painted last night (and my oldest DD is going to have to do it for me next time!) so I'm going to try my sandles today. (I think I can just slip them on)

Leigh

Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM

I am due a little later than you guys, but can see how in a few weeks I won't be able to. I have just noticed the last week or so how hard it is to bend over to put on my undies! Luckily, the only pair of non-slip on shoes I own are my running shoes, and I am not doing much running at the moment.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM

Oh yeah, this happened to me weeks ago. I bought new flip flops and some of those backless tennies. I know they have a name but it escapes me. Oh I miss my brain, but that's another thread.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM

I miss my brain too. Sadly, I think I'm losing more of it every day, and I know it'll only get worse in the newborn phase.

I live in my Birkenstocks, so I haven't been buckling or tying shoes, but I think I still could. I clipped my toe nails last night without issue. Shaving my bikini line is a whole different story. It's hard to shave what you can barely see. Since I'm taking DD to a public pool, I've got to at least try.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

Birkenstocks and danskos, ftw.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:00 PM

living in crocs at the moment but i can still cut my toenails etc. getting my pants on in the morning can be a bit tricky, have to make sure i'm sitting down not trying to balance on one leg, graceful i am not.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM

I was just telling DH I needed to get some slip on shoes. I'm thinking classic vans. Birks are a bit outside my price range right now and I hate flip flops. I have been wearing the heck out of my ecco sandals, but they're really ugly and stinky
Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 PM

I've been wearing crocs and flip flops on the weekends and slip on Mary Janes to work. I need to check Costco to see if they still carry the cheaper birks. I think they might fit into our dress code at work (crocs and flip flops REALLY don't).

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Although my belly is getting pretty big and I am almost 30 weeks, I am surprisingly still quite flexible. Now comfortable is another thing. I can still shave my legs, but is it uncomfortable to do. Forget it! Dh asked the other day when I shaved my legs, "What is the special occasion?"
Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM

I pretty much only wear slip on's in daily life because I love quick throw on shoes. Which is good since I don't have to worry getting them on.

That said though when I was working my seasonal job this year, my boss (also a very close friend) decided that I had to wear boots this year, since he did not trust me to not fall and sprain my ankle. Now I am not graceful normally but when I fell and scrapped my leg the first day when walking into the gates (its a dirt and rock covered road), he created the rule just for me. :LOL I have to say some days those laces did seem far away but I got them laced every day

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat

User Tag List