What Are Your Fears? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After my emergency c-section with Gabriel, and his resuscitation/2 month NICU stay/CP diagnosis, I have many, many fears. First, I was afraid of a MC. After reaching 20 weeks, I felt a little better, but started reading stories of cord accidents, still births, etc. Now I fear waking up each morning, and not feeling the baby move. I'm afraid and almost expecting, something bad to happen. It's almost like I know I haven't had a birth loss/MC, so since Gabe was "saved" I'm "due" for something worse to happen. It's a scary, sad way to think.

I can say, that I never would have felt this way with my first two pregnancies, and even with my pregnancy with Gabe. I am literally getting by, day by day.
#32 of 37 Old 06-05-2009, 02:31 PM

This is my second and I have more fear!?

1. Will DS freak out? Will I be able to night wean him in time? I'm terrified of nursing two at night.

2. Will my mom and my sister do OK at the birth?

3. Will this (new to me) midwife and her assistant be what I need them to be?

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
#33 of 37 Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM

I fear another 2 day unmedicated posterior labor that I went through with my second child (he turned literally seconds before being born). It traumatized me even though he and I were healthy throughout. I think I had PTSD and then around 10 months PP got PPD. Not a fun time!

My next two births were great home water births and fast. But I was 8 and 10 days late respectively which is HARD to deal with.

So I fear (more like a worry or anxiety) going quite late with this baby. I am apprehensive about getting the support I need from my dh (who has been holding onto a lot of resentments about me lately - yuck!). And I hope I have a good healthy big baby boy at the end of all of this.

Hugs to all. One way or another all of our babies will arrive!

Robin and dh-Mark married 1997
Kiana - 1999, Quinn - 2002, Ciela - 2004, Carina - 2006 and Sullivan born 8-18-09
#34 of 37 Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 PM

I can honestly say that I don't have any fears. There are things that I wonder about, of course. Like will I be at work when I go into labor? Or at the water park? lol I'm also wondering how things at my office will function without me gone and if I am going to get into the university that I applied to and be able to start classes after the baby is born.

This baby is being adopted and I'm wondering how that whole post-birth transition is going to go. I adore the adoptive parents and they will be at the birth center when this little girl is born. The AM (adoptive mom) is planning on catching the baby. I hope that she doesn't freak out or ask me questions during transition, but that's what my midwives are for.

My previous births weren't perfect, but they weren't horrible either. And I guess I see no point in stressing out about the things that I can't do anything about. I can't control the baby's position, or when I go into labor, or how long my labor is. I can't control how the adoptive parents deal with things or how they react to things. What I can do is make my needs known and control my reactions to things. The rest is out of my hands and fearing it won't make it better, it will make it worse.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#35 of 37 Old 06-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright-midnight View Post
I was actually going to talk to my OB about the placenta at my next appointment! I know with my daughter, we were not allowed to take the placenta home (hospital policy). I'm having this baby at a different hospital, so hopefully, things will be different!

Aww, thanks It was a very long and trying 26 months, but I'm glad I stuck to it for as long as I did. I would EP again *if I had to* but I'm really hoping that this little one will nurse!
They cannot refuse for you to take it home. It is your placenta and they cannot legally stop you. Make a definitive statement and if need be, mention a lawyers name (or really talk to one). Either way, it's YOURS
#36 of 37 Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post
I can honestly say that I don't have any fears. There are things that I wonder about, of course. Like will I be at work when I go into labor? Or at the water park? lol I'm also wondering how things at my office will function without me gone and if I am going to get into the university that I applied to and be able to start classes after the baby is born.

This baby is being adopted and I'm wondering how that whole post-birth transition is going to go. I adore the adoptive parents and they will be at the birth center when this little girl is born. The AM (adoptive mom) is planning on catching the baby. I hope that she doesn't freak out or ask me questions during transition, but that's what my midwives are for.

My previous births weren't perfect, but they weren't horrible either. And I guess I see no point in stressing out about the things that I can't do anything about. I can't control the baby's position, or when I go into labor, or how long my labor is. I can't control how the adoptive parents deal with things or how they react to things. What I can do is make my needs known and control my reactions to things. The rest is out of my hands and fearing it won't make it better, it will make it worse.
WOW what a completely different perspective to hear. I am not sure of the logistics of your situation, but I commend you for your strength and I hope all goes well for you in your post partum recovery, physically and emotionally.
#37 of 37 Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 PM

I am worried that my first birth went too perfectly and easily. That I used up all my birth luck and this next one will go horribly bad.

I am worried that I won't like my new midwife. I wasn't impressed with our first meeting but there is a second midwife at the practice and it was a bad day for me.

I am worried that we are never going to get settled into a new home before we have this kid.

That is all I can think of right now...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page