Mothering Forum banner

Anyone baby hair obsessed?

1K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  Raene 
#1 ·
DH thinks I'm obsessed, lol. It's just that I was born without hair myself and didn't get any until I was 2. My daughter was born with a TINY amount of hair but it took a while to grow.

With this one, because DH's family has LOTS of hair, I figured that maybe this baby will be born with lots of it. I hope so!!! Lol.

Anyone else? Hair thoughts?

#4 ·
Joseph was born with lots of hair, and amazing dimples (just like his Daddy)...
So I'm set on this boy having those two features as well. I may have to send him back otherwise!

#5 ·
Hmmm... I'm going to need to ask DH's mom about his baby hair. I was pretty much bald, as was my brother and the two sons he has that took after our side of the family (his ex is Italian, and their first two sons were born with full heads of dark Italian hair). I'm more obsessed about what Jonah's hair is going to look like, since DH is black with a dark afro, and I'm white with fine slightly wavy (naturally dark blonde) hair. Throw in a little bit of Irish on both sides of our families, and we are wondering if the red head gene might suddenly appear. There are so many directions it could go... maybe a strawberry blonde afro, lol!

#7 ·
not really obsessed, but I am hoping for a red head. DH's mom, aunts and grandma are red heads. My brothers and grandma are red heads. We've got the genes floating around. In all likelihood though the baby is going to be born bald and will then finally have blond hair around the time he's 3

#9 ·
this is such a funny topic. My girls were SO SO SO different looking. Now that they are a bit older, you can see some resemblance in their features, but they for sure don't look like "obvious" siblings.

Oldest - if I wasn't in the room, I would swear she was switched at birth. She had very Asian features -dark skin, dark eyes, and a MASSIVE amount of dark hair - it reached right down to her shoulder blades! It was CRAZY! She was also born at 42+ weeks.

Youngest - totally looked like I originally thought a baby of mine would look like - fair skin, peach fuzz for hair & blue eyes. She was born at 41.5 weeks, but didn't have much hair.

I DO wonder what this one will look like because the 2 have been so different from each other!

Beth

#10 ·
DD1 and DD2 both were bald until almost 2 and blond from the start. DS had very dark hair when he was born. Did I mention he had hair??? I was thrilled after having bald DD1 first. LOL Then his dark hair fell out and he was white blond.

All three are closer to dirty blond/light brown now.

I'm dying to see what this baby has. LOL

Also all three so far had blue eyes. DH and I both have hazel. I can't wait to see if this one is our fourth blue eyed baby or if he will finally break the streak. LOL

#12 ·
I had no hair until I was pretty old too, then when it came in it was so light that you could barely see it. DS1 came out with a full head of jet black hair that slowly turned to blonde over his first year. DS2 came out with a full head of strawberry blonde hair that has lightened a bit. We're still trying to figure out where he got his hair, not one person in my family or DH's family has any red in their hair. I'm cursious to see what kind of hair this baby will have!

#13 ·
I'm pretty much expecting a baldy. Both DH and I are blond (he's more blond than me), so I'm expecting white peach fuzz for a while. I personally think that bald babies are cute. They seem more innocent and baby-like to me.

#14 ·
DP is Puerto Rican, I am Italian, French, and Russian. I was born with hair EVERYWHERE, head, shoulders, ears, back.. LOL So was DD1, luckily it went away except on our heads.

I am expecting this baby to have hair, possible some nappy type hair like DP which would be AWESOME to pick out into a FRO... He is also very dark, hopefully she will be darker than I am, I am SO pale.. LOL

My obsession is with eye color. I would love a light eyed baby. DP has dark brown, but I have aqua-ish eyes... We shall see!

#15 ·
I am hoping for a blonde baby, and expect to have a baldy. I was blonde and bald for a long time. DH though had some red fuzz and then went blonde (like my sister). I hate to say I hope babe is not a red head, I want a blonde

If this babe comes out with dark hair I think my DH will faint. But I do have to keep reminding him my Grandmother is Eastern European so strange things could happen but we do way more fair haired people in both of our families then dark hair.

#16 ·
I have brown hair, and so does DH. Most of the family does too. Dh is 1/3 Cherokee, so I was wondering what my baby would look like. Well our dd has blond curly, curly hair and blue eyes. She has the biggest head of hair, and I have cut it many times. No worries that my next one will be bald. No one in the family has curls at all.

Here is one took recently. She is 2 yrs old:
http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSCN0702.jpg
I just cannot tame the curls even though I try. The hair has a mind of its own:
http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSCN0695.jpg

I had a dream that the next one will have brown hair, so I will see...

#17 ·
DD was a baldy, as were DH and I. But we had hair by 1 year. And DD had a head full of curly (!) blond hair that started coming in at around 9-10 months.

I can't imagine a kid with hair-but it'd be cute!

#18 ·
Most of the babies in my extended family are bald, so when my DD was born with a head full of black hair, so many people were just shocked. On my last couple of sonograms, the tech or the doctor commented on how much hair my baby has, and I'm only now at 30 weeks. Needless to say, I'm very curious about her looks and think I need to pack a baby brush in my hospital bag.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderinggypsy View Post
My sweet dd lost all her hair to chemo when she was five months old. So, yeah, I really do cherish the baby fuzz.

For the record, she's a happy healthy two year old with lots of hair now!!
OMG, poor baby and poor mama. I cannot even imagine what that must have been like to have your infant have to go through chemo. I'm glad to hear she is doing well now.

#21 ·
Ds was completely bald when he was born. He didn't even have eyebrows. I'm expecting it to be the same way with this one.

My husband and I are both very fair skinned and were blond when were young and then our hair turned brown. My son is traveling down that same path. I expect this one will too, though I do hold out hope for a redhead or dark black hair (my mom is Italian with jet black hair, though you'd never guess it looking at me).

#22 ·
I am a flaming redhead smothered in freckles....dh wants a redhead badly!

when I was pushing ds...the doc said I see hair...I looked in the mirror...stopped pushing...i even said "that is not my kid"
I was so thrown off by his black hair!
it is blond now...lol

Dh wants a redhead..he is even naming the baby Rory in advance..lol

#23 ·
Our oldest son has red hair and had ton of it at birth. Oour middle son had red hair at birth, now it is a nice strawberry blond with orangey highlights, Our youngest son had black hair, now it is blond. I have red hair and my DH has auburn hair so this one might have red too. All of our kids have always had a ton of hair at birth.

Take care!
Jen

#24 ·
My husband and his sister were born with hair...I was a baldie...our children were even more bald than I was and my 4.5 year old barely has enough hair to hit her shoulders. My 3 year old has the same amount of hair as most 1 year olds

Both my kids are blondies, which was no surprise since my husband and I both were blonde as kids although we have medium (his hair) and dark brown hair (my hair) now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.