I have a feeling some babes are going to be getting here soon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're all getting so close! This is about the time it seems that the early babies start making their debut.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#2 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 PM

I know, wild to think about. I'm 7 weeks to full term and panicking about being ready. There's so much I still want to do before she's born.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#3 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Well, not only am I at the very end of the month, but I just know that this baby is happy inside me right now. I don't think I would ever go early. I feel so behind everyone! I am 28 weeks today.
#4 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Well, not only am I at the very end of the month, but I just know that this baby is happy inside me right now. I don't think I would ever go early. I feel so behind everyone! I am 28 weeks today.
I'm with you Spring Sun. I am due on the 24th, so, I am only a few days earlier than you. Not to mention, the fact that this is my first and the likely hood of having the baby early seems very doubtful to me. Let's just hope that we don't become part of the September babies.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#5 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM

I'll be 30 wks on Sat and some days 10 wks seems so close and other days it seems like forever still! But I know it will go fast...

I'm so excited to meet this new little guy!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#6 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:28 PM

We just had our first in the July DDC last week!
#7 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:31 PM

I wouldn't mind being a couple of weeks early, but 10? Ummm, no. I have just over 9 weeks left til my scheduled c-section ... Exciting!!!!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#8 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl View Post
I wouldn't mind being a couple of weeks early, but 10? Ummm, no.
yeahthat! I am due august 2 and I am 31.5 weeks. let's all keep the babies in for at least another month if not more ok??

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#9 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 PM

I'm also not due until August 25th, so it's kind of crazy to think of this babe coming anytime soon. But also kind of reassuring to know that if it did for some reason...most likely he or she would do just fine!

My mom had 4 children, and 3 of them were 2-3 weeks "late". And she says with those three she knew exactly when she had conceived. Anyone know if it tends to run in families?

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
#10 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Who in the world ever wants to be that early? Sad fact is though some people are

My first born was born at 35 weeks.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#11 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
My first born was born at 35 weeks.
My 3rd was born at 34.5 weeks, but came out just fine and came home with me from the hospital. I hope you were that lucky.

#12 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My 3rd was born at 34.5 weeks, but came out just fine and came home with me from the hospital. I hope you were that lucky.
We were very lucky! Though she did have to stay in for a week due to infection (which now I question but I had no idea about birth and was very very scared for my baby).

Because of that though and my bodies reaction now there is some concern I may go early with these twins. So hey I may be one of the mamas holding their babies in a few weeks though really I'd rather not!

#13 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 PM

I hope we don't have any babies born until at least July. No preemies please!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#14 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 12:09 AM

I too hope all of our little bugs stay put til their ready for their debut!

I am 32 weeks on sat.. and my due date is the 2nd... Theres a full moon on the 4th of august... so im thinking he may come then. I at least trust he wont come AFTER that since theres no way the moon won't bring him out! I hope he comes exactly when hes supposed to and not a moment earlier!!!!

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#15 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 05:19 AM

I am rather surprised I am still pregnant. I was just hoping to see the third trimester. I was thinking I'd have these babies by now... based on my history. If I make it to 35 weeks like I did with my 4 and 7 yr old, that's only three more weeks!

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#16 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Another 32 weeker with an August 2nd DD.

My feeling is that we're not making it to August, and I'll probably start thinking "any day now" when the middle of July hits. Joseph was born 3 days before his DD weighing in at 9 lbs.

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

#17 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 04:56 PM

I am 32 weeks (almost) and my HB MW will attend me with some stipulations at home at 36 weeks. That leaves me 4 weeks to get through at bare minimum.
#18 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 PM

Natural: Wow - 4 weeks - seems so close!!!!! What happens if you go into labour before 36 weeks, out of curiosity?

#19 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 07:28 PM

I spent Thursday with the med-pros due to some ptl... fingers crossed the meds do their stuff and this babe waits till August!

(However, I wouldn't mind if babe decided the first week of August was just right. As a vbac I face a pretty solid 41 week deadline so a little early is a lot better than a little late in my book).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#20 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Natural: Wow - 4 weeks - seems so close!!!!! What happens if you go into labour before 36 weeks, out of curiosity?
I would have to go to the hospital. Local with midwives at 35 weeks and before that I would be at a larger hospital in a town 20 minutes away. If my placenta does not move I would have to have a C section. If I KNEW no matter what labor was going to happen, I would probably show up pushing. My babe is already engaged and the placenta is really not an issue. Just has to do with Hospital politics I guess.
#21 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
If I KNEW no matter what labor was going to happen, I would probably show up pushing. My babe is already engaged and the placenta is really not an issue. Just has to do with Hospital politics I guess.
Sounds like a plan: if preterm, wait at home as long as possible, and then head to the hospital. When I went into labour with dd, I showed up at the hospital and before they even checked my cervix, I was already hooked up to meds to stop the contractions. Had they checked me first, they would have seen that I was already 10cm and there was no turning back! And really, the contractions were probably what made her so ready to come out even though she was early. If I had just had a scheduled c-section, she might not have been as ready.

I, too, hope to go into labour before my scheduled c-section, so that my baby is prepared to leave the womb!

#22 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a plan: if preterm, wait at home as long as possible, and then head to the hospital. When I went into labour with dd, I showed up at the hospital and before they even checked my cervix, I was already hooked up to meds to stop the contractions. Had they checked me first, they would have seen that I was already 10cm and there was no turning back! And really, the contractions were probably what made her so ready to come out even though she was early. If I had just had a scheduled c-section, she might not have been as ready.

I, too, hope to go into labour before my scheduled c-section, so that my baby is prepared to leave the womb!
That would be GREAT!

I figure if I show up crowning, they can't "make" me have a Csection? LOL That would be SILLY.
#23 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 10:06 AM

Going early worries me a lot too, but I hope to make it to at least 37-weeks since anything earlier my midwife will transfer me to the hospital; mentally and physically I am not prepared for another hospital birth. But she seems confident I'll go all the way; the earliest I ever delivered was 36 weeks, followed by 40 and 41 weeks so I am hopeful.

Ada lady.gifWife to ~ geek.gifFrank ~ Mom to photosmile2.gifHarry (10) ~ hearts.gifHanna (8) ~ superhero.gifHenry (5) ~ and  diaper.gifHalia arrived 8/21 
#24 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

Eh. I am due towards the end of the month and I always go late. I don't expect this baby until closer to September

In fact, my friend who is coming to visit me for the birth and after, is arriving on the 19th and I'm due on the 21st.
#25 of 29 Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
That would be GREAT!

I figure if I show up crowning, they can't "make" me have a Csection? LOL That would be SILLY.
With my 2nd, I showed up pushing - leaking amniotic fluid all over the hospital with every push down the hall! If my hips didn't twist those babies like a corkscrew, I would definitely have been able to have a VBAC! I hope you have better luck than me, mama! Wait until the last possible minute before going to the hospital

#26 of 29 Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
That would be GREAT!

you'd be surprised...

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#27 of 29 Old 06-08-2009, 07:36 AM

It won't be me. My first was 3 1/2 weeks late. The seconds went right on her due date....So, since I am due in late August, I will just hope that I will not end up in September's DDC...
#28 of 29 Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM

(ive posted this in 2 other threads, but thought i'd share with ya'll too)
Well, it worked for my girlfriend who as 38 weeks!
She's currently in labor, 9cm dilated, and I am heading up to hospital as soon as I drop DH at work.
She got her bloody show, and first contraction within 2 hours. 9pm bloody show, 10pm contraction, 2nd contraction @ 11. At hospital by 130, her DH called me at 215 said she was getting her epidural (she has had 3 major surgeries due to her endometreosis and opted a long time ago to get the epidural to avoid any of the rough part... I am pro-natural, but I understand in her case), and she just text me at 8:15 that shes 9cm.

Gosh, shes moving quick! I have been pregnant with her the whole time, and Im so exciting it feels like I am the one in labor! ahah I couldn't sleep all night and when I did it was dreams about her little man!

This is so wonderful! Looks like her body is really working for her!
-----------------

She is 5 weeks ahead of me, until her dr pushed her EDD up a week. So she was "really" at 38 weeks instead of 37. It really is putting it into perspective how soon our little one could be here. We had lunch and dinner yesterday and when we were at dinner her first real labor contraction came on. We knew the full moon was going to bring him out a week ago, and sure enough, he'll be here any minute! I am so happy!!!!!

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#29 of 29 Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedmama View Post
It won't be me. My first was 3 1/2 weeks late. The seconds went right on her due date....So, since I am due in late August, I will just hope that I will not end up in September's DDC...
I'm due on the 21st and I have the sneaking suspicion I may end up in September's DDC too...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page