Anyone Happy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm happy too!

I haven't been posting as much as I did early on. Part of it is because I'm more confident now (1st pregnancy) and partially because I've been super busy and have a sloooooow internet connection. I agree with the previous poster, that a lot of times I don't have much to add, other than a hug, if someone is having a really hard time. Though I do try to do that, since I would want some support and good vibes if I was having a hard time.

In the weekly thread I do include my long to do list or what ever new achy sensation I am experiencing, so we can all see that we aren't alone. Do I get overwhelmed? Sure! But it doesn't last. I've gotten much better at letting things go. It also helps to vent a little every once in a while, and then move on.

I feel great and I'm finally enjoying taking it a little slower and accepting help when I need it. (though I think I did apologize to those who are not having as good a time, when I posted in our weekly chat thread- like I felt guilty for enjoying being pregnant...)

Hugs and Joy to all! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Quite happy!

And I totally agree with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
For me, even though the end of pregnancy might have some discomforts that come with it, I want to treasure the last days of my family before a change, and I also want to give my baby as much time as he needs to be ready to come out.

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
How do you all manage to stay positive despite all of the negativity? Forgive me for mentioning this but it seems like a majority of the threads are negative here. I'm uncomfortable too but I'm making a conscious effort not to focus on the woes and to try to remain happy. Do you just avoid the threads that talk about the bad parts of pregnancy?

Exactly the reason I made this thread. I'm sorry to the other mamas who aren't having a good time with their pregnancy, but I have NO ROOM for negativity in my life. I skip those thread or hit my back space button the minute is see people whining and complaining about being pregnant.

I think for me especially this time around, I had a very very good friend who was due at the same time as me, lose her son around 20 weeks. She got to hold him and he died in her arms. That made me cherish every single moment of this pregnancy and be as positive as I could be.

Sure I could complain that my gramma is in hospice care, my mother is freaking out and stressed, half my family isn't talking to one another, my house is a mess and I have to pee 24 hours a day, but really what good does that do me, or my little person I'm growing?

I'm trying to keep positive energy around me, read positive thoughts, and keep a positive outlook on all things instead of needlessly complaining about every little thing. Surround yourself with good, and good you shall have.

UCing loud mouth, Fierce Protector of King Aiden, King Isaiah and Empress Estella
Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 PM

We are happy and so blessed in this house. I know it will get harder towards the end, but I sit and look at my little girls in amazement and am THRILLED that we have been given another new little life.

I am enjoying these last few weeks and am totally excited to meet our first son. :

User Tag List