The Weekly Whine June 29- July 5th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smells- I don't get super strong food cravings, especially not after the first trimester, but I do get "cravings" for smells! It's really strange, and it's not pica (according to all the different providers I've seen over three pregnancies)... I have no desire to ingest any of the things I want to smell.

For example, I hate chalk... the way it feels, the way it sounds when a kiddo is coloring with it, etc. It just bugs me. But during dd2's pregnancy I craved the sort of dusty smell of chalk. I'd find excuses to hang out by dd1's chalk board, I'd encourage her to draw more, and so on. It was totally bizarre and went away after the babe arrived.

This time round I find myself driving a little more slowly past construction areas (dusty) or road work (fresh tar), and the whole "chalk smells yummy" thing is back.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 64 Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 AM

Yum, I have always loved the smell of home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe's!
#63 of 64 Old 07-05-2009, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I think the babe may have "dropped"... I'm 34wks 3 days or 35wks 3 days depending on which due date you go with, but I'm no longer waddling to the bathroom every hour and I'm even down to one night time bathroom visit. But I've got a lot of pressure and cervical "zinging", and walking/moving quickly is really uncomfortable in a sort of cervical way (rather than a plain old huge preggo lady with round ligament pain) sort of way.

I really don't remember dropping with dd2 (and with moms who have already had kiddos it often doesn't happen till labor), and I don't think my profile has changed a lot in the last week, but what else could it be?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#64 of 64 Old 07-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned

I thought you usually waddle and pee MORE when the baby drops, because the head is lower in your abdomen, which feels like a bowling ball between your legs, and it's pushing on your bladder even more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page