Show me your baby stuff. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to see everyone's stuff.......stuff you've made, the baby's space/nursery, anything you want to show off.

I'm at work now, but I'll post some photos soon.
#2 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM

I should be working on a report but I just can't resist a quick post in here. I'm working on a couple of baby craft projects but the one I am finishing this evening is the mobile... here are 5 of the 10 birds that are completed. I am hoping to mount them to branches later this evening: CLICK

And here's a couple of my favorite outfits that we've been given so far: One, Two, Three, Four

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#3 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 PM

What a fun thread! I'm really bad about taking pics, then actually posting them...but I'll see what I can do! : )

Lisa, those birds for your mobile are great - I want to see finished pics later!!!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#4 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
I should be working on a report but I just can't resist a quick post in here. I'm working on a couple of baby craft projects but the one I am finishing this evening is the mobile... here are 5 of the 10 birds that are completed. I am hoping to mount them to branches later this evening: CLICK

And here's a couple of my favorite outfits that we've been given so far: One, Two, Three, Four
That dinosaur outfit is fantastic!! The little socks are just the best!

Some of my favorite stuff

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#5 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 06:50 PM

Coconut- That dinosaur outfit is soooooooo cute!!!

dislocator- I love the handmade bibs and onesies how cute! And that little alligator robe is so funny! I am scared of alligators (dont ask ) and got a baby outfit with an alligator as a joke. But some of them on baby clothes are cute.

Some of my favorites are books! We asked people to bring books instead of cards to our first shower and I got some of the best books ever The Giving Tree, Blueberry Girl (if you are having a girl you NEED this book!!), The Velveteen Rabbit, Walter the Farting Dog and so many more. This baby already has quite a collection going on.

My other favorite I don't have a good picture of is the blanket my Mom made. She makes them for all the new babies and I thought I would never get one so I was excited to finally have one to share with the baby. It is a pattern she designed. It also has a funny story behind the pattern. The really neat thing is one of the yarns they used is made from recycled plastic bottles and is soooooo soft!

I have also bought some super cute things off Etsy
Pi-RAT Burp Cloth
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=14915942

Zombie Onesies
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=15859868

Squirrel Teething Ring
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=17311991

This is what I really want next
Rattle
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=26851439

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#6 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Baby room Was not going to do a room, but wanted him to have a simple grow with me color and room. He will side car in a mini crib with us for as long as he wants.

And right now all his other stuff is hand me down from brothers, so old models of swings, bouncers, etc.

And all the clothes are in the bed....waiting for folding.

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#7 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 PM

I posted at the same time....I love the etsy stuff ) I had our diaper stacker custom made for not to much there, and I am off to order some quilt clips to hang the quilt on the wall!

Also love the outfits....cute cotton outfits are my fave!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#8 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Coconut Chronicles: I love the birds! I made a mobile like that too (I must have gotton the link from you). You should have seen dh and I trying to get the sticks to balance

dislocator: I love the Robeez!

tankgirl: the zombie onsies are so awesome!

aydensmama: the room looks great! It seems nice and calm and will grow-up easily

Yeah! I love to see baby stuff... it makes the waiting so much nicer!
#9 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Aw, I am a little bit jealous. No one has really cared that much about this baby. We have gotten like three random things as gifts and thats it. We are not making a baby room. I have bought all her clothes at thrift stores. Tell me not to feel sorry for myself. We live in a big, nice house in a great town and I have my pick of any baby carriers I want at least. That should be good enough. And I am crafty. Enough of my pity party
#10 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM

I'm desperately trying to finish the centerpiece of our nursery, which is a cross-stitch of a castle with a dragon twined around it. I'm on the backstitching phase...so getting close! You can see it here. It's towards the top of the page. Also making curtains in a green diamond check pattern reminiscent of dragon scales. I don't have any pictures though!

Mommy to Nora Cecelia, born 8/15/09.
#11 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Aw, I am a little bit jealous. No one has really cared that much about this baby. We have gotten like three random things as gifts and thats it. We are not making a baby room. I have bought all her clothes at thrift stores. Tell me not to feel sorry for myself. We live in a big, nice house in a great town and I have my pick of any baby carriers I want at least. That should be good enough. And I am crafty. Enough of my pity party
I thought I read on your blog that you had a shower- that's nice
#12 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Aw, I am a little bit jealous. No one has really cared that much about this baby.
Same here. I guess since I am expecting our 10th blessing I shouldn't need anything.

Anyway I bought this purse/bag to use after baby.

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.75455727.jpg

I'll take more pics soon. We somehow broke the lens on the camera camping, sending it off for repair.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#13 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM

I am kind of feeling a little neglected with this baby too. I guess that is what happens when you have 2 so close together and they happen to be the same sex. Not that I am complaining it is just such a drastic change.
I have made a few things for him so he can have something that is just his and not hand me downs from his brother. Still planning many more things but time is running out quickly

Made a blanket and a hat
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/...185c11d0_o.jpg

And a pair of NB pants. They should fit into the 3 month size as well.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2609/...91171c14_b.jpg

Have several pairs of pants and some sweaters in the planning stages as well since we really don't have any winter clothes in the 3-6 month size.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#14 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Thanks for all the compliments, you all have wonderful stuff too. Baby things are so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
Baby room Was not going to do a room, but wanted him to have a simple grow with me color and room. He will side car in a mini crib with us for as long as he wants.

And right now all his other stuff is hand me down from brothers, so old models of swings, bouncers, etc.

And all the clothes are in the bed....waiting for folding.
His room is beautiful! So elegant. And I love the bible verse over the bed. I may steal your idea there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
I am kind of feeling a little neglected with this baby too. I guess that is what happens when you have 2 so close together and they happen to be the same sex. Not that I am complaining it is just such a drastic change.
I have made a few things for him so he can have something that is just his and not hand me downs from his brother. Still planning many more things but time is running out quickly

Made a blanket and a hat

Have several pairs of pants and some sweaters in the planning stages as well since we really don't have any winter clothes in the 3-6 month size.
Your blanket and hat are just beautiful! The stitching looks so complicated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Same here. I guess since I am expecting our 10th blessing I shouldn't need anything.

Anyway I bought this purse/bag to use after baby.

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.75455727.jpg

I'll take more pics soon. We somehow broke the lens on the camera camping, sending it off for repair.
It's a great bag! Perfect for baby stuff in the fall!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#15 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM

this thread is inspiring me. Maybe now I'll be motivated to clean out the room so we can paint. My GF wants to come over pick out paint tomorrow and paint Friday...
#16 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post

Made a blanket and a hat

Adorable hat!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#17 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post
I thought I read on your blog that you had a shower- that's nice
I did. I decided though I won't have another shower with the next baby. We ended up paying for the shower bc my friend who was throwing it didn't have a lot of money and just a few people came but only a couple people brought gifts-which is totally fine, I am glad just to hang out with friends, but I think that is the point-no one really thinks this baby is a big deal. Even at the shower people really did not talk about the baby. It was more like a bbq where people kind of noticed I was pregnant and commented on it. Do I sound like I am totally giving myself a pity party?
#18 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 PM

So far, we have mainly just gotten some newborn clothes and diapers. A few fuzzy, stuffed animals and some blankets. Since we aren't finding out the gender I have mainly only gotten 0-3 mos clothes thinking that I can get most of my bigger sizes later on.

Here are a few things that I have.......

kate quinn organic onsies

some natural colored onsies with little animals on them

more cuties

adorable

tattoo mommy

some of my good mamas

more diaper stuff

man, I have read that a lot of ladies don't like onsies. well, I hope that isn't the case for me, but even if it is... at least, I only have to get through those first few months. I can't wait to get everything else over the next month or so.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#19 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Do I sound like I am totally giving myself a pity party?
Gosh I would. Every baby should be celebrated.

#20 of 63 Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
man, I love that bird mobile. When I first saw it, I would have bought in a heartbeat. However, once I saw that I would have to make it... I just admired it from afar. Good for you for taking on the project.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#21 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 AM

I love everything!!!!! The clothes, blankets, all....baby stuff is so very sweet!

Thanks on the room, it is my fav out of the three boy's rooms.

dislocator- i got the qoute from etsy and was planning on putting it right on the wall. It wouldn't show up since I went with such a dark blue, so I had hubby build the frame....good luck and steal away!

I definitely want to make a mobile, but I don't know if I am up to it, not much of a seamstress....I can't seem to find one to buy that is plain and simple and the right colors.

#22 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 AM

You guys have such awesome stuff! Our stuff is mostly used and because we lack a nursery I haven't taken any "baby room" pictures. Maybe I'll get motivated and will sidecar the crib, have DD stick the monkey wall stickers around it, and take some pictures. I could definitely take a picture of the diaper stash now, though.

Tankgirl, I love the zombie onesies!

Coconut, love the dinosaur shoes! Boy clothes are just so much cuter than the frilly pink crap for girls.

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#23 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 AM

Baby is in our room, no nursery here either. I haven't had one since my third

#24 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 AM

crashing from sept.

slimkins - HOLY CRAP! Can I tell you how envious i am of that incredible Kate Quinn stash of yours?? Shoot, Id have to take out a small loan for all that. I have ONE, and I want MORE MORE MORE! They are the perfect onsie. I just wish they were more affordable. :

mammatoabunch - I want that bag. Is it lined/to function as a diaper bag?? we got a timbuktu to do the whole unisex thing so both husband and i could be comfortable using it - but now that it has come...i don't like it. i want something GIRLY! can you post the link to the etsy dealer you got it from?

someone posted about wanting a wood rattle from etsy (that appears sold out)...just a suggestion, here is a company that does them too. i love their stuff!

coconut - i love your bird mobile and my MIL and i were totally inspired by that project. since i cant sew - shes working on one for me....currently shes out in the middle of nowhere at their cabin in montana..so she has found some great twigs to use. we are using this tree decal and plan to use some of the fabric from the bird mobile to make a flat profile of a bird and put him on the tree - to connect the two.

im all about making stuff - i just wish i knew how to sew. We've made our crib and upholstered fabric to the side panels, window dressings, and tons of knitting things - now im ready to move into sewing. (burp cloths, bibs, dipe wipes, etc...).

32 - son born 9/21/09
#25 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I did. I decided though I won't have another shower with the next baby. We ended up paying for the shower bc my friend who was throwing it didn't have a lot of money and just a few people came but only a couple people brought gifts-which is totally fine, I am glad just to hang out with friends, but I think that is the point-no one really thinks this baby is a big deal. Even at the shower people really did not talk about the baby. It was more like a bbq where people kind of noticed I was pregnant and commented on it. Do I sound like I am totally giving myself a pity party?

I'm sorry. No youdon't seem like you're giving yourself a pity party. I think every mama needs a best friend to help celebrate each new life. I'm sorry you don't have that. Do you haev anyone in your life taht you could say to - I'm feeling kind of hormonal (just for effect) do you think we could get a couple of girls together and go out to breakfast before baby comes ? If you google mother blessings or blessing way, you will find lots of ideas about ways to celebrate with loved ones without a shower. I think lots of people think they aren't needed for subsequent children because we alredy have all the "gear". But it can just be about celebrating baby - everyone could write something to the new baby - or bring a book, etc...
#26 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproof View Post

mammatoabunch - I want that bag. Is it lined/to function as a diaper bag?? we got a timbuktu to do the whole unisex thing so both husband and i could be comfortable using it - but now that it has come...i don't like it. i want something GIRLY! can you post the link to the etsy dealer you got it from?
Here you go. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5627453

Here is the same bag in blue. I had a hard time deciding.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=26458848

#27 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

hmm, cannot get photos to link... will try to fix in a bit
#28 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 PM

I made this little gown from a Didymos NINO wrap scrap:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/IMG_2035.jpg

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
#29 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam View Post
I made this little gown from a Didymos NINO wrap scrap:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/IMG_2035.jpg
ooo i love that!!! pattern???

mama - thanks for the link. they are all so pretty! i like the style of the hobo bag better than the messengers, but worry if it would be big enough to get stuff in and out of.

32 - son born 9/21/09
#30 of 63 Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

This is our 2nd also and we don't know if we're having a boy/girl. We don't have a lot of stuff this time. But I learned how to sew and crochet this pregnancy and have been having a great time making stuff.

bird mobile getting this to balance seems impossible. I think the difference in the colors between this one and the one Coconut Chronicles shows that I'm in the desert and she's in Florida

Baby pajamas

Baby legs from etsy

jacket and hats

fitted diapers and crochet covers these diapers are like Valium to me. I like to sit and fold them and organize them over and over... it makes me calm and happy

Everyone has such great stuff! It's so fun to see it all. Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page