~~Waddle Through the Week 7/13-19~~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heyla all!

SO, how goes the week? Anything planned to pass the time? Anyone starting or about to start their final pre-birth prep things (5W/PN6/Gentle Birth/RRL/EPO? Diaper washing? Bag packing? Trial run birth tub filling? Planning how long it'll take to get to the birth site?)? Or heaven help all us slacker mamas, anyone finishing up their pre-birth prep?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#2 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Well, I am not quite 34 weeks yet, so I still have some time to do everything. I don't even have a list of the homebirth supplies we need yet! Crazy! I love that I am this far along already but we have not done anything.

Dh was supposed to scrub down the house yesterday while I was out with ds, and instead he rearranged some rooms, which is great, but the house is even fithier and more cluttered than it was. Jeesh. I am not sure what to do....I just can't do a lot. That is the bottom line. I am trying not to do a lot today bc we have our family maternity shoot tonight, and I know I can only do one big thing a day, whether it be me doing a shoot, shopping, cleaning, etc... I am begining to learn my limits, which is great. But I WANT A CLEAN HOUSE! I feel so icky here.
#3 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

I am 34 weeks today. We still have to houseclean our bedroom and get the Living room and dining room cleaned out!

I have washed all of the little dipes, I am making some wash cloths very soon. I may have my oldest sew them for me, he has his own sewing maching. I have washed some very small gender neutral clothes and put them away a few weeks ago. I have to get the car seat out and clean it up!

That's about it for now. Still chugging along!

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#4 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM

My brother and his four sons are coming Thursday night, but they are only staying at our house for two nights. After that, they are housesitting/squatting at a friend's house for a week. They usually stay with us the whole time durring their yearly visits, but I'm kind of relieved... especially with the added possibility of baby Jonah arriving early! I tried to clean this weekend, but I just end up with Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm depending on hubby to get the house in to some sort of unembarrasing state of cleanliness, lol! I spent some gift cards on baby stuff this weekend and survived the record 115degree heat. Whew!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#5 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 PM

I spent the weekend washing, washing, washing, sorting, arranging... all of the baby clothes, blankets, my hospital gowns. we set up the cosleeper and the baby's "nookery" (we don't have any more rooms for a nursery!), and I got my belly cast done.

I also found out I am GBS+ (this after 27 days of heavy probiotics and the 8 night garlic protocol) so that changes pretty much everything I had pictured for the labor. sigh.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM

I started my 5W yesterday, I have my birth kit here and almost all of my suitcase packed! The only thing I need to figure out is food and if I really need a robe or not.

DH is finishing the painting and then either my Dad or myself are going to do the mural for the room. I honestly can't wait to set up the mursery even if I know Baby will pretty much not be sleeping in there unless I have banished my self from our Bedroom and go to sleep on the futon in there, which we are getting a new one thank goodness cause our old one SUCKS!!

I still need to sew some more wipes and wash cloths. I want to make a bag to hold the diapers, and my sister is coming to help dye a bunch of onesies her and my Mom gave me this week!!!

On top of getting with people this week who we haven't seen in a while we also have to make time to see Harry Potter! Who else is going??

Lastly I have to find an outfit that fits me that is cute to go to Convergence this weekend with my friends. I would like to be cute, but corsets and lolita dresses aren't going to work this time haha! I also think I need to hang up my platforms because grace is not my middle name any day but preggers I am REALLY clumsy.

I feel like things are going to start going so fast with all the stuff we have going on, which is good and bad.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#7 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm sorry Thorn. What does that mean for your birth? That you have to arrive early for IV ABX? I haven't been tested for GBS yet but I'm rockin' a mean UTI and hoping to get rid of it because it can increase the chances of being GBS+

I have my second UTI and it gave me lots of contractions Thurs and Fri night. I'm treating it naturally again and hoping it is gone ASAP. The cntx stopped at least. I think perrineal massage caused it, I was pretty sure I washed my hands well enough but I used kid's soap so maybe that was the problem?

My family and friends had a surprise baby shower for me yesterday. I was completely shocked, since this is my 3rd baby I never expected a shower (didn't have one with DS2). It was lovely. : and I got some beautiful things for baby girl. I had so much fun washing it and setting it all up last night. I get teary just thinking about it.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#8 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Totally nothing new over here. Just trying to slog through the days.

We moved mama kitty and the kittens inside, they're residing in our half bath (she was not happy in a large box in the living room, too much activity). The kittens are starting to walk/run/play now and are SO CUTE. Mama kitty gets sweeter by the day. I have to admit I am starting to wonder how I am going to have the heart to rehome them or put them outside as outdoor kitties (after they are fixed, of course), but I HAVE TO. I cannot have SEVEN cats in this house!

The container garden I have going on I have moved to full sun, and it's producing finally. It looks awful though from a flea beetle AND caterpillar infestation, but it's producing. I see baby tomatoes and I got a handful of green beans. I wish the same could be said for my back garden, which is pretty much completely demolished from the flea beetles and caterpillars. Not to mention it's not producing at all due to the lack of light. The tomato plant blossoms then the blossoms fall off and nothing happens. It's so sad

I am totally huge and starting to feel half disabled. I can hardly walk, can't bend over at all. My husband tries but he sucks at keeping the house as clean as I'd like it. It's just clean enough to be sanitary, but sooo cluttered. I've started enlisting the kids' help in picking up stuff off the floor, but still. Still. *sigh*

I am having the hardest time with my husband's schedule. He's gone almost all of our waking hours. Of COURSE this happens when I am a million months pregnant, alone with no car and 2 toddlers. And I barely know anyone here so it feels extra lonely. Ugh.

I realized the other day I hit term in 3 weeks and will likely give birth within 7 weeks. OMG! What if I really did give birth in 3 weeks! Man, that would be awesome in a way. My midwife appointments have gone to every 2 weeks now. I must really be at the end.
#9 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 PM

went to L&D on sat. night with irregular contractions and still at a 3 cm. Sent home and On sunday I went grocery shopping which I have been putting off because I really really feel like crap. Anyways So last night I was sore and crampy but nothing out of the ordinary.

Today was my 37 week check and I am now at a 4 cm and Ob says she is suprised I am still going and that she expects me to go any day. Since she has checked me I am having some bloody show but i think its from the cervix check and I will just relax today and get some much needed house work done

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :
#10 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Oh, and my pre birth prep.

Need to buy and start using evening primrose oil in a few weeks.

Need to buy a boppy.

Need to buy some nursing bras.

Need to buy some more cloth diapers and postpartum pads.

Need to buy 2 jugs/pitchers for my peri wash and post partum tea.

And of course, labor foods/drinks.
#11 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM

Hi Mamas,
My MIL is here until Thursday to help us out (which is great- she's food shopping for us right now!!!!!!!) and I'm relieved that some of the toddler care is on her shoulders while DH gets to work a bit extra before the baby arrives.
I have the nb clothes washed and put away, carseat cover washed and ready to be threaded onto the carseat, which then needs to be installed. Our new to us Amby needs to be set up, but that can be done in minutes.... I have some PP supplies on their way to my house as we speak. I still have to pack the hospital bag, though. I hate trying to figure out what I'll want/need in the hospital for a few days.
We are mostly set, excpet I need to buy some dipes for the LO. We are using MEOS and I need NB/small covers. I'm tempted (very tempted) to also get some GroBabys.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Kim, Allen, good luck!
~maddymama
#12 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM

Jill- I hope you kick that UTI soon!

34 1/2 weeks here and I feel pretty good. It's weird. I'm just really needing a nap every day and I can't ever get one

Baby girl is still transverse but I have a chiro appt tomorrow. I hope that does the trick. I've been trying inversion but it gives me heartburn. Moxibustion and chiro are next.

All I really "need" is baby's carseat and birth pool, hose and attachment. Clothes and dipes are washed. I may spring for some new nursing bras if I can swing it. And a deep house cleaning is still needed of course.
#13 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

Please stop kicking me so hard and pushing on me. It really hurts.

Especially, try to avoid my bladder.

Thanks,

-Your Incontinant Mother who just used the last pad.
#14 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM

I am now 36 weeks - so nearing the final stretch.
I have started drinking cold RLT and taking EPO but not much else, will start taking homeopathic arnica tonight as i've been getting killer back ache by the end of the day.
We have had a really productive few weeks, my living room is painted, shelves up and most rooms have been decluttered (not perfectly but good enough for now). We have tested the car seats and it will be a squash but we can fit 3 in the back of the car, although strapping ds1 in will be a job for dh. Today i cleaned the carpets in two rooms and just want to do our bedroom tomorrow. I have packed my medical supplies (herbs etc) bag, baby bag and old towel bag, just need to pack my just in case hospital bag with clothes for me. I still have a little painting to do and a pile of pictures that need sorting but nothing that can't be done after the baby. So i'm ready (ish).

I'm still enjoying being pregnant but by the end of the day i do feel a little like i'll be glad when its over - i just want to lie on my back.

I need to do an online shop around my due date so i have easy food in the house, our freezer is full of frozen meat for our two enormous dogs, so no preparing meals and freezing them, to be honest i hate re-heated food, it always seems easier just to boil some fresh pasta.

Today i had to remove myself from a facebook conversation between some old work collegues, one has a 4 week old baby and the other was recommending controlled crying

off to put the boys to bed

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#15 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Today i had to remove myself from a facebook conversation between some old work collegues, one has a 4 week old baby and the other was recommending controlled crying
FOR A FOUR WEEK OLD???!!!! :::

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#16 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM

I've been taking EPO and RRL tea since 36 weeks. At my 37 week appt I picked up the 5W to start.
Diapers are all washed (along with all the clothes/blankets/etc)
My bag is all packed except for the stuff that has to wait until last min. I need to get extra clothes packed for DH yet. (just in case, I doubt he'll need them) I also need to figure out our snacks to take.

Oh, and I know it takes about an hour to get to the birth center.

Finally got a nursing tank and nursing bra bought this week end. That was the last of the "OMG. I have to have that before the baby is here" type stuff. lol I have a few diapering things I'd like to get before he arrives, but they can also wait a bit too. So they are waiting until we have some money available for them.
Other than that, I think we have everything bought.
The only thing left that I'd like to do before he gets here is to trim the stretchy wrap that I made. I think it's too wide, so I'd like DH to help me cut it narrower. Bonus if I get the gauze wrap made too.

Leigh

#17 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I'm sorry Thorn. What does that mean for your birth? That you have to arrive early for IV ABX? I haven't been tested for GBS yet but I'm rockin' a mean UTI and hoping to get rid of it because it can increase the chances of being GBS+
yes, I have to get there in time for at minimum, one dose of abx plus 4 hours. they prefer 2 doses, 4 hours apart. if I don't get the minimum amount then they will want to keep the baby longer for observation, or possibly do some blood tests on him. we want to go home the same day... I got both doses with my last DD, but just barely - the second was while pushing.

I was really hoping to be negative this time so that I could labor at home longer, as the hospital I deliver at now requires cEFM for vbacs (which is actually my own fault for causing a huge stink about doing another 15 minute strip with my DD. oops.) and so I wouldn't have to worry about not getting both doses in time.

I must be very heavily colonized, I was taking a probiotic with 50 billion flora/day and shoved cut garlic up my vag for 8 nights prior to testing, so I really thought I was in the clear

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#18 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Thorn - is there any way your care provider would give you a dose of abx in the office? I never understand why you have to be admitted to hospital to administer a dose of IV abx! I am in all likelihood GBS+ (will be tested in 2 weeks) and I need to start doing some herbal stuff to reduce colonization - I don't expect to test negative, but would like to reduce my levels just for my own peace of mind since I won't treat w/abx unless there's another risk factor in labor . . . I plan to be at home and my MW is flexible on this.

Ha ha ha ha ha - things to fill the time. I made my "work that must be done before baby" list today, which fills a whole page. That's NOT nesting stuff or actual baby prep - that's the paid work I have to do. I'm not even really thinking about nesting stuff this week, because we are flying cross-country to my brother's wedding this weekend. When we get back I'll try to get to some of the things around the house and washing stuff, etc.

I would be behind where I'd like to be anyway, but being sick/kids/DH being sick for the past 2 weeks has put me REALLY behind. And DH's grandfather died so we had all the funeral stuff to go to, etc.

AND, I'm potentially on Jury Duty tomorrow!

On a more positive note I got to go to the chiropractor this morning! And, although this isn't exactly positive in a financial sense, DH is off work (he's freelance & this is his slow season, he hasn't been laid off or anything) right now so he's on kid duty until I feel less like my head is going to explode!

I definitely want to see Harry Potter, but it probably won't be this week or next due to our travel plans!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#19 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 05:33 PM

I plan on asking about possibly getting a dose in his office, but that won't help me if I go into labor at 1am like last time.

#20 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Thorn

Jillian Sorry to hear about your UTI... hope you feel better soon but that's so great about your surprise shower! Will you be posting some pics in the baby stuff thread?? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
4 weeks!!!

Mamabeakley I hope you get out of the jury duty

I'm okay all things considered... My mum gave me bronchitis over the weekend (she must have picked it up on a recent trip to Bermuda). My fever has broken though so that is good and I am just trying to get rid of the chest congestion and cough. It's slowed me right down. I have managed to be productive today though... I did 5 loads of laundry and cleaned my kitchen and family room. I had hoped to be able to get to the bathrooms today but I don't know if I will have enough energy. The house is clean though and this is just weekly maintenance.

For the most part we are ready... a few family members have ordered some late gifts from the registry so I will have a few more things to wash/prep/organize in the coming week. I can't believe I'll be 37 weeks on Friday! We have one or two more things to order (post partum related) but outside of that we are good to go. I'm planning on spending the last couple weeks of the pregnancy doing fun crafty things for the baby.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#21 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

I had an ICAN meeting yesterday and the whole group made a fleece blanket for the new babe! It was really sweet. Actually, we made two since there are two of us due soon... they're the tie-together-fleece blankets and mine is super snuggly. It'll be a great floor blanket for the end of summer and yummy on the bed this winter. And I was able to throw a baby shower for a friend, which was much fun. Overall, a fun weekend despite feeling bigger than a whale!

I've got much of my hospital stuff packed but still haven't been able to visit the L&D unit. I'll be 36 or 37 weeks on Thursday (depending on which due date you go with) so hopefully after this week's appointment the L&D staff will have time for a tour.

Then I need the car seat in the car (to see if the seats we have now can possibly work three across), tomorrow's photoshoot, a final meeting with the doula (on the 22nd), some hospital paperwork, and then hopefully an August 1st babe.

I'd really like a few newborn prefolds, but oh well... I got two gro baby shells and some liners so if those work well I'll focus on that system. I just remember that even with 9lb+ babes the standard prefolds were SO bulky I couldn't use them for months.

I'm also having some insurance issues. The practice I'm using does accept my insurance, but I'm getting bills from the practice. Basically, I pay my co-pay, then they bill the insurance, and then they charge me for the difference between what the insurance paid them and what they spent? Which doesn't seem right... I've never had something like this happen. And it makes me wonder just what is going on. But since the insurance is through my DH the company wont answer any of my questions on the phone... he has to call his assigned rep at the university and then that rep will contact the company. It's crazy!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#22 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 PM

oh, I went to install my infant carseat and broke it in two ways. hah! I bought a new one last night.

just FYI - you can't machine wash/dry the harness straps. whoops.

#23 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM

I am 33 weeks today. Dh is going out of town later in the week. I am feeling so anxious about it. I slept badly last night, insomnia. I had a week of good sleeps so this sucks, never a good sleeper. We started school today, went well. I hope to get 5 weeks completed before the baby arrives. Then take off 6-8 weeks. Dh and I's trip got messed up for the weekend of the 24th so we had to change plans. Still going, but only to ABQ. Nice little spot near Old Town, just going to chill, eat, sleep. I will start PN-6 next Monday and some other herbs, alfalfa.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#24 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I had an ICAN meeting yesterday and the whole group made a fleece blanket for the new babe!
That's very sweet.

My sister, with whom I am very close, broke her arm badly last week. She'll be in a splint for 12 weeks. But my mom is around to help her, and I am modifying a couple of tank tops for her so she can get in and out of them.

My birth kit is ready more or less. I scrubbed my kitchen floor and I'm going to do more scrubbing this week.

I'm learning to knit tomorrow. Might as well.

I feel like I could go any day, and I did not feel this way with DS. So we'll see.

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
#25 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM

CC - so sorry about your bronchitis! That must really stink!

Thorn & Jillian - hope those things clear up soon so you have great L & D!!

I'm doing pretty well. My 2 yo ds actually took a nap today. In his big boy bed! It's a miracle!!! We put him in the big boy bed about 2-3 weeks ago and though we do quiet time daily, this is the first time he's actually taken a nap in it! Which gave me some much needed time to finish up some details for the class I'm teaching and take a nap mySELF. yay!!!

Sorry if the typing gets wacky. ds likes the capslock key.

I feel pretty good except for the muscle spasms between my shoulder blades. I try to keep good posture, but I think the large "protuberance" (my dad's word) in the front is winning the battle. You'd think as a physical therapist I could fix it myself, but no such luck. I still have a massage waiting for me that my hubby gave me for my birthday (in may!), I just need to find a babysitter!

Have a great week, Ladies!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#26 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm 37 weeks now and taking garlic to ward of GBS in urine again, and UTI's but I think they are getting better now, less cramping and BH I'm also taking EPO and RRL when I think about it- it just hasnt sounded good today.

All diapers are now washed, I just need to find a place to put them beside a laundry basket on my sofa table. I also washed all cloth on the Amby bed and plan on setting it up in a few days and adding some memory foam padding to it for extra comfort.

Otherwise I'm just big and uncomfy and having a hard time with daily tasks I'm trying to finish up some subjects for DS's schooling and get stuff organized for DD's come Aug/Sept. and start planning and sceduling field tripd for our Homeschool group.

I have no appitite latley and everything sounds gross so I havent been cooking many meals and have been eating very unhealthy junk

okay thats what up with me

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#27 of 61 Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 PM

Miami, good luck at the chiro tomorrow! I hope she turns early for you and doesn't hold out until the end like your DS did!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#28 of 61 Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Nothing much to report here just continuing to grow

I have been nesting at work.... Our remaining home projects are so overwhelming I just can't do it with the belly but the office is getting a nice organization. It is amazing how much junk you can accumulate in a year.

I have my home visit on Friday. Super excited about that Then I will be 37 weeks Saturday and clear to deliver at home. Not that I think I will go anytime before 40 weeks but it is nice to know if it happens I am ok to proceed. I have everything ready, pretty much. Just need the stuff like alcohol and oil which we have in the house it just needs to be moved upstairs.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#29 of 61 Old 07-14-2009, 10:01 AM

finally ordered my birth kit.....Still trying to get the house done so I can nest once babe gets here.....
#30 of 61 Old 07-14-2009, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

DD2 picked up a cold over the weekend and she hsa now shared it with me. Bleh! It's good timing since we should all be fine by the time babe arrives, but it's still icky. I thought I was dying last night it was so bad! And today's photoshoot is 1-outdoors, 2-nekkid, 3-in water, 4-covered in cold/wet clay. Finger's crossed this stays as a cold and today's plan doesn't turn it into pneumonia!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page