May I see your diaper stash or list for your August newborn? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DP and I are wanting to cloth diaper this baby. We have two children already, and have never cloth diapered before. We told everybody we wanted to cloth diaper, but that didn't stop anyone from buying us packs of newborn disposable diapers. So we were planning to just use those until they were used up or he doesn't fit in them anymore and then go all-cloth. Has anyone done that? I'm such a noob with cloth diapering... no clue what I'm doing, but I did find a company that offers 15 different brands for you to try as sort of rentals and then you keep the ones you like. We were thinking about going with that.

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#62 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 AM

To the mamas that have already had their babies, and have a stash, what did you plan on having, and what do you really use. I have so many different types put away, so today, I am going to count what and how much I am really using. Oh and I am actually using cloth wipes for the first time, and I can't believe I never did before, It is so easy with baby pooh. Now with my cloth diapering 2 yr old dd, I still use disposable wipes.
#63 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 AM

For those of you using cloth wipes, what kind of wipes solution are you using? Do you make your own? I want to make some wipes but um, need to learn how to sew first - but in the mean time my friend suggested using baby washcloths. I have attempted in the past to make a wipes solution for ds when he was in diapers, but it seemed like i could never get the "recipe" quite right. TIA.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#64 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*pisces View Post
For those of you using cloth wipes, what kind of wipes solution are you using? Do you make your own? I want to make some wipes but um, need to learn how to sew first - but in the mean time my friend suggested using baby washcloths. I have attempted in the past to make a wipes solution for ds when he was in diapers, but it seemed like i could never get the "recipe" quite right. TIA.
Here's what I do: Take an old pop bottle and add about 1-2 t. of olive oil, 1-2 t. of baby wash (Dr. Bronners, actually at the moment), then fill the rest of the way with warm water. Then I just wet a few wipes at a time with it (so they arent' sitting wet in the old wipes container for days on end). My ds1 doesn't seem to mind if the water gets cold, but I might try a wipes warmer with this new babe. I found one at a mom2mom sale for cheap, so we'll see how it works!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#65 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
Here's what I do: Take an old pop bottle and add about 1-2 t. of olive oil, 1-2 t. of baby wash (Dr. Bronners, actually at the moment), then fill the rest of the way with warm water. Then I just wet a few wipes at a time with it (so they arent' sitting wet in the old wipes container for days on end). My ds1 doesn't seem to mind if the water gets cold, but I might try a wipes warmer with this new babe. I found one at a mom2mom sale for cheap, so we'll see how it works!
Forgive me...but t. is teaspoons, right?

Thanks, that sounds easy enough.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).

#66 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 PM

I have just been using water on the wipes. I do not know how sensitive the baby boy will be, but my dd is allergic to dr bronners which would be my choice originally for a soap.
#67 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
To the mamas that have already had their babies, and have a stash, what did you plan on having, and what do you really use. I have so many different types put away, so today, I am going to count what and how much I am really using. Oh and I am actually using cloth wipes for the first time, and I can't believe I never did before, It is so easy with baby pooh. Now with my cloth diapering 2 yr old dd, I still use disposable wipes.
I have 20 kissaluvs size 0, which I remember hating with my dd2 and now I remember why - they get SOAKING wet so quickly. it seems like they really hold nothing.

I have 4 thirsties fab fitteds which hold a lot more and am using those at night. and I'm in the process of buying (used) 12 bum genius egyptian cotton fitteds which will hopefully hold more too.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#68 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I have 20 kissaluvs size 0, which I remember hating with my dd2 and now I remember why - they get SOAKING wet so quickly. it seems like they really hold nothing.

I have 4 thirsties fab fitteds which hold a lot more and am using those at night. and I'm in the process of buying (used) 12 bum genius egyptian cotton fitteds which will hopefully hold more too.
Then I should share of a someone selling her 3.0 BG for $5 a piece. Not sure what 3.0 is, or if that is a good price. If you are interested Thorn, let me know, and I will post a link for you.
#69 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Then I should share of a someone selling her 3.0 BG for $5 a piece. Not sure what 3.0 is, or if that is a good price. If you are interested Thorn, let me know, and I will post a link for you.
Wow, that's a really great price....if they're in good condition, that is. I'm interested if Thorn's not!

Bummer to hear that about the kissaluvs, my sister just bought me 6 brand new size 0 ones for this baby. Ah well.

#70 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 08:28 PM

3.0 is a pocket, I'm looking for fitteds, so mia can have them

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#71 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's a really great price....if they're in good condition, that is. I'm interested if Thorn's not!

Bummer to hear that about the kissaluvs, my sister just bought me 6 brand new size 0 ones for this baby. Ah well.
pm'ing ya!
#72 of 74 Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
pm'ing ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
3.0 is a pocket, I'm looking for fitteds, so mia can have them
Much appreciated.

#73 of 74 Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Forgive me...but t. is teaspoons, right?

Thanks, that sounds easy enough.

yup - teaspoons. The original "recipe" I followed said tablespoons, but I found that was way too much for us. You may have to fidget with the amounts.

Quote:
I have just been using water on the wipes. I do not know how sensitive the baby boy will be, but my dd is allergic to dr bronners which would be my choice originally for a soap.
I find we do a lot better with the oil/baby wash combo than with plain water. I won't buy more dr. bronners after this, I'll be switching to my Angel Baby wash...so if you find you need something, just use whatever you normally would on your babe! i know all about allergies - a big issue with ds. Can be such a pain! I'm really praying this baby doesn't have allergies, or if he does, that at least they are the same ones!!!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#74 of 74 Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
I find we do a lot better with the oil/baby wash combo than with plain water. I won't buy more dr. bronners after this, I'll be switching to my Angel Baby wash...so if you find you need something, just use whatever you normally would on your babe! i know all about allergies - a big issue with ds. Can be such a pain! I'm really praying this baby doesn't have allergies, or if he does, that at least they are the same ones!!!
I am going to try Angel Baby wash now. Yup my dd has loads of allergies, and I just learned that my newborn has one of her same allergies. I guess it is good that it is the same food.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page