An inspiring story! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I plan on donating my extra breast-milk (I make a lot), but this woman took it one step further. She's my hero!

An inspiring story!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#2 of 18 Old 07-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That was a really amazing thing to do, especially for someone you don't know very well.
I'm always offering to nurse my friends babies if they need to go somewhere, funnily enough no-one has taken me up on the offer. If i was to go into hospital for treatment i'd like to find someone to nurse my baby.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#3 of 18 Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Hey, the Mama who had the surgery is somewhere here on MDC! I just read her story a bit ago.
#4 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 AM

I was the one who had the surgery!

It's amazing that this story is already making the rounds Nicole is amazing, I am eternally grateful that she offered to do this wonderful thing for me.

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#5 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post

It's amazing that this story is already making the rounds Nicole is amazing, I am eternally grateful that she offered to do this wonderful thing for me.
I'm so glad that there are people out there willing to do such wonderful things. I wish you all the best with your baby and your health. :

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#6 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post

So glad you took her up on the offer! Huge props to you, mama, I would have done the same in a heartbeat! HUGS!
#7 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 AM

Hi ladies! Nicole here from Le Blog... Jessica pointed out to me that our story was re-posted here- what a small world!! I'm so amazed that the story made it around the internet- and so fast (I just posted that 24 hours ago)! I've been meaning to join the mothering forum for a while, so this was a good catalyst. I'm so glad to hear that there are other women out there cross nursing! I've sort of made it my one-woman mission to do my part in normalizing breastfeeding. Honestly I find it to be an epic tragedy that the stigmas we face in this Puritanically influenced culture have done so much to quiet breastfeeding in general.

In my opinion, it's even more subtly insidious than I think a lot of folks realize. My sister, who I am positive regards herself as an open-minded individual suggested I use a blanket or otherwise to cover myself after I told her that I haven't gotten over the thrill of pulling out my boob in public. It's definitely easy to forget I live in Texas sitting in the blue speck on the map that is Austin. But I hear stories of like-minded mamas outside of this oasis that are actually reprimanded for feeding their children in public. I'm here to tell ya, I've got a whole soapbox speech prepared if anyone ever approaches me about it!

Lastly, I'll just say I find it so bewildering that there have to be federal laws implemented to protect our right to do this. I'm going to stop myself here before I start waxing nut-cake about how we should all breastfeed everywhere al the time. I'm so glad y'all liked the post and I look forward to surfing the forums here...

N
#8 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 03:07 AM

that reminds me of a old married with childress show where the women protested in the store chanting 1 2 3 4 we will breat feed in your store!
POWER TO US god gave us breast to make milk for our babys if PEOPLE dont like it do hat your grand mothers have been saying for years
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT LOOK AT IT!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#9 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolio View Post
Hi ladies! Nicole here from Le Blog... Jessica pointed out to me that our story was re-posted here- what a small world!! I'm so amazed that the story made it around the internet- and so fast (I just posted that 24 hours ago)! I've been meaning to join the mothering forum for a while, so this was a good catalyst. I'm so glad to hear that there are other women out there cross nursing! I've sort of made it my one-woman mission to do my part in normalizing breastfeeding. Honestly I find it to be an epic tragedy that the stigmas we face in this Puritanically influenced culture have done so much to quiet breastfeeding in general.

In my opinion, it's even more subtly insidious than I think a lot of folks realize. My sister, who I am positive regards herself as an open-minded individual suggested I use a blanket or otherwise to cover myself after I told her that I haven't gotten over the thrill of pulling out my boob in public. It's definitely easy to forget I live in Texas sitting in the blue speck on the map that is Austin. But I hear stories of like-minded mamas outside of this oasis that are actually reprimanded for feeding their children in public. I'm here to tell ya, I've got a whole soapbox speech prepared if anyone ever approaches me about it!

Lastly, I'll just say I find it so bewildering that there have to be federal laws implemented to protect our right to do this. I'm going to stop myself here before I start waxing nut-cake about how we should all breastfeed everywhere al the time. I'm so glad y'all liked the post and I look forward to surfing the forums here...

N
Nicole - The reason I read the blog is because my best friend Camille White (high-school friend of yours) linked me to it. She said that you're her hero and that there should be more people like you in this world! I just wanted to share it with as many people as I could because it really is an inspiring story!

#10 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Lovely! I do not have a full milk supply due to a breast reduction in my teens. I nurse using a nursing supplementor and my babies have been very blessed w/ milk from many mamas. I currently have about three months milk in my freezer for my newest baby, from three different mamas. God bless mamas who are so giving!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#11 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

What a wonderful story!! I am glad everything went well. Both babies are so adorable!!!!

Take care,

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#12 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
Nicole - The reason I read the blog is because my best friend Camille White (high-school friend of yours) linked me to it. She said that you're her hero and that there should be more people like you in this world! I just wanted to share it with as many people as I could because it really is an inspiring story!
Oh wow- I certainly know Camille! I had a hunch seeing that you are from Portland that it might have come through her. Give that lady a big ole squeeze for me- it's been way too long since I've seen her!
#13 of 18 Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolio View Post
Oh wow- I certainly know Camille! I had a hunch seeing that you are from Portland that it might have come through her. Give that lady a big ole squeeze for me- it's been way too long since I've seen her!
Will do!

#14 of 18 Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 AM

By the way, that original link that's posted above directs to the homepage of Le Blog, which I've since written in and so has changed from the wet nursing story.

Here is the direct link to the wet nursing story in case anyone still wants it.

Thanks again for reading! :
#15 of 18 Old 07-22-2009, 04:03 AM

strange. this is the second time i've been sent to this blog today.
This is a girlfriend of my best friend from back home.

how strange, she really cracks me up....

So weird to click on that and see that blog again in one day.

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#16 of 18 Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
strange. this is the second time i've been sent to this blog today.
This is a girlfriend of my best friend from back home.

how strange, she really cracks me up....

So weird to click on that and see that blog again in one day.
That means we're connected by just 3-4 people. The 6 degrees of separation really are true (most people are connected by 4 or less from what I've heard).

#17 of 18 Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=Abraisme;14116406]Nicole - The reason I read the blog is because my best friend Camille White (high-school friend of yours) linked me to it. She said that you're her hero and that there should be more people like you in this world! I just wanted to share it with as many people as I could because it really is an inspiring story! [/QUOTE

It's so nice to have you all here :
I'm glad it's a small world!
#18 of 18 Old 07-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Hooray small world!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page