contractions... FINALLY PRESENTING... Update post 1... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmmmm. Have you visualized how this birth will go? Have you tried seeing it go smoothly and without any trauma like the last one? I am no birth expert. It seems awful what you are going through. I am sorry you had such a horrific experience at the hospital. I hope your MW gets there soon! Maybe that will encourage your little one to come!!!!!

Hugs mama
#62 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 PM

I know you know your own body, so this may be a silly question. Do you think some of the bleeding could be from the hemorrhoids/varicosities you have had? I guess the doctors would have said if that was the case.

I wish I were there to give you a big hug. Sounds like alot to go through. It will all work out perfect and you will be holding your baby, and this will all be a distant memory.
#63 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM

Didn't you have low placenta issues a while back? When you were in the hospital did they check the placenta position?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#64 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.

They used a portable U/S machine, not very affective in addressing the placenta. I want to say the residents I saw there were not very understanding when it came to my placental issue. They just seemed a little uneducated.

I think it may be vericose veins honestly, because I have so many of them in so many places.

It isn't hemmorhoids though.

The BM's have stopped, FINALLY!!!! LOL So no BM's, no new blood.

I ate soup and a HUGE ice cream and a good cry and nap and now I am awake having contractions again. Tidied up the house. My baby is just not ready. I need to respect that.
#65 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM

just sending some happiness and sunshine your way !

this one is for that little ball of sunshine waiting to come out

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#66 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM

hospitals have a way of doing that to people and it is just such ignorant care.

I was up all.night.long with 3-5 min contractions, only got 2 seperate hours of sleep. After a warm bath today they pettered out... and I hate that "false alarm" foolish feeling... I can only imagine you have been feeling very warn out.

Good for you to be able to sit back and have that relationship with your LO. "Not ready yet"

keep your spirits up .... you are doing great.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#67 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Sending you some love'n vibes mama. Hang in there.
#68 of 114 Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 PM

s: it sucks doesn't it? This is my third night in a row of having BH constantly for HOURS on end. And I'm sick if it, totally. Like, fine, if your not coming then thats just peachy fine. But none of this false labor crap, yk?
#69 of 114 Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 AM

Lurking from Sept DDC, just wanted to send big hugs your way. After the past few days, I think I would be taking a nice, long, warm bath w/epsom salts and drinking a glass of wine (and eating whatever your favorite treat is, a double portion!)

I hope that either things calm down enough to allow you some R&R or that they pick up AFTER your favorite MW gets back tomorrow.

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#70 of 114 Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 AM

That's true, maybe your baby is waiting for your midwife to return.

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!
#71 of 114 Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

About comfort food, HAHAHA... Yesterday on the way back from the hospital I ate a 5 scoop sundae with extra reeses pieces and xtra PB, hot fudge and TONS of whipped cream, then I had the broccoli cheddar soup from panera and their famous awesome bread. Then I took a nice long nap.

My mom kept Abrielle for me and I slept so good.

No more BMS and I am still getting mucous and blood (not red though).

You know, my midwife is a comfort for me. I truly love this woman and I bet that she is part of my issues. LOL I don't really want to have this baby without her present. Maybe that is it.

HMMMMM... Anyhoo, today is a new day. I am making myself some blueberry pancakes and watching tv now. Still cramping and contracting a little, nothing major.
#72 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 01:28 AM

You're a trooper, mama. Hang in there. And pass the spoon on that sundae- yum.

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
#73 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Id kill for a sunday, mama.
And Im right there with you. BM's every friggin hour, mucus, the whole 9, no contractions however.
Waiting game like never before.
Wanna race?! hahahaha I kid. Im honestly completely fine if this kid comes out on his duedate or later. I am ready to stop poopin, thats FOR SURE!!!!!

Good luck to you mama, and I hope you get some relief. I have been starving all day, ad super tired...

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#74 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Amber- HAHA... Your so cute! I had another sundae today... LOL I have been so great about watching my weight this whole time that I just gave up and started enjoying myself. Here I sit, 4 AM.... Contractions, insomnia, and its so hot I think I might go crazy. LOL

Plus I keep having to pee, then I leak some other random fluid (possible really thin wet mucous).

Someone save me.... LOL
#75 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

I think this might be it. I have been having contractions for the last 3.5 hours at 5 minute intervals getting harder and stronger. I ate and Hydrated, I cannot sleep.
#76 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 AM

Ooooh, Torre! I hope this is it for youand everything is going great! Come on baby!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#77 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 08:46 AM

I hope this is it for you!! If not, an ice cream for breakfast sure sounds great!!
#78 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

OK, it's been almost 5 hours, they are set at about 5 minutes (although the last few have been 4 minutes) and for a minute, very painful. I laid down for the last hour and tried to sleep but every 5 minutes the contractions woke me.

I did not sleep well at all last night. I was up every hour or two from about 12 AM on. The contractions started at 3:30.

Anyway, I need to try to rest as much as possible. I am going to take a tylenol and try laying down again.
#79 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Good luck!
#80 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 AM

:

So excited for you!!

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#81 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 PM

maybe a glass of wine to se if you can sneak in some sleep? good luck momma

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#82 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

HERE I AM! LOL

No baby. Probably not for a while honestly.

My midwife came over and checked me. When I had gone to the hospital, the resident had said I was a fongertip/tight one and totally thick and medium/hard consistency. She said "This is NOT a laboring cervix".

So when my midwife checked me today, she got to my cervix and put her index finger in, she then went to switch to her middle and the cervix fell back to a 2 and both her fingers were in. She said I was soft and 50% effaced. So it seems I have made change.

But she also doesn't think I am in labor. My hormones are really strong and just reacting and warming up. She was happy with my progress and I am happy with the progress. We talked for awhile and she said, the cervix the resident subscribed is not the cervix I feel.

I am still contracting at 5 minute intervals and they are semi painful. I am going to sleep or try at least. I am very tired.

I think it's coming, just not NOW or early tomorrow. She said some good, real contractions will do VERY WELL. My cervix was MELTING away as she examined it.
#83 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 PM

Imagine that cervix melting LIKE BUTTTTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Everytime I get a contraction now I am picturing that damned donut someone mentioned earlier (im sorry I forgot who now. You KNOW im pregnant! I forget my address half the time)

Im thinking of you, and Im glad your midwife is back (right?) and youre in some good hands!!!!

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#84 of 114 Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
Imagine that cervix melting LIKE BUTTTTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Everytime I get a contraction now I am picturing that damned donut someone mentioned earlier (im sorry I forgot who now. You KNOW im pregnant! I forget my address half the time)

Im thinking of you, and Im glad your midwife is back (right?) and youre in some good hands!!!!
Yes, my midwife is home and I am praising Jesus I tell ya.

I mentioned the donut, twas my fault.
#85 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 AM

I'm happy for you that your little one held off until your midwife was back in town.

about the donut too!

Crystal- aka "Momma" toLara Karlene 1-1-05 ~ Keira Skyler 1-31-07 ~ Rohnin Viper 8-12-09 & stork-suprise.gif March 2014!!!!

intactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#86 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 AM

So happy your midwife is back! You are doing it, keep the faith!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#87 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 AM

Thinking of you. Hope it all goes quickly and easily from now.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#88 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Last night was rough. I had contractions all night long. They were very painful. I considered going to the hospital and asking for my epidural.. LOL They reminded me of Abrielle's labor and now, I am a bit panicked remembering that pain.

I took tylenol 2 times and drank 3 glasses of wine. I was semi tipsy and baby got the hiccups but I could still feel those stupid contractions. :

This is specifically why my midwife didn't want to check my cervix, she though it might stir things up. I'm ok though. I am not too tired this AM, I did my best to stay in bed through them and just try to sleep as much as possible. Now this AM I am crampy and having one or two here or there, but nothing major. I have a bunch of errands to run.

TTYL
#89 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

OK, contractions continue. I got show all over the couch and all over myself. CRAP, this stuff is pink/red. New blood.
#90 of 114 Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Good luck, I hope this is it!

If it isn't, though, please don't mix Tylenol and alcohol anymore. It's a really bad combination for your liver.

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page