Bloody show! - Update. C-section for tomorrow. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At around 2:50 I dropped a very blood plug about a tblspns worth. i don't know how much is left, since this is my first baby, but now whats coming out is brown/pink. But not as much as the original wipe in which I gasped "OH GOSH!"

Called the dr and he said "when you start having contractions every 5 min apart, gimme a call" hahaha He said it's a great sign we're on our way... But as we all know, not a definite anything to get excited about.

My GF dropped her plug/bloody and had her baby 10 hours later.. It's already been 5 hours, and just a little bit at a time is coming out now.. So I doubt I'll be as lucky...
Still exciting!

I've had consistent BH all day but no big time contractions.. So I dont think i'll have much to report today. hahah

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 PM

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait o hear more-be sure to give us updates. Go and try and get some rest-you will be holding your baby sooner than you thought!
#3 of 75 Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 PM

way to go!!! enjoy your quiet time and hang on for the big finish!!!

s momsling.GIF - JW asl.gif writing geek.gif wifey to j aaman.gif  (11/03) and cd.gif  homeschool.gif  knit.gif sewmachine.gif read.gif mommy to s dreads.gif (10/04), l kewl.gif (8/08), j diaper.gif (8/09), and little s boc.gif (12/12)

#4 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 12:48 AM

That is exciting! Try to get some rest before things really pick up. You will need the energy.

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)
#5 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Banned

Your "consistent BH contractions" could be you know, real contractions that just are not painful yet. Or they could be BH contractions.

I do know of women who lost the mucas plug a month or more before actually giving birth, though. It's one of those things that means something sometimes and nothing other times.
#6 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Still not painful, so i'm assuming they're just BH.
I honestly don't think this is it. But it was bloody, and quite a bit, and then up until my last pee (bout 15 minutes ago) im not wiping brown anymore.. so I'm thinking it stopped for the night.
We're going for a walk with the puppy. I am having the normal nighttime cervix pain (from baby moving) but he's still relatively calm. I have eaten some pasta and fruit, and am just going to take it easy. Either way, he'll be here soon. So, wether it's tomorrow or 10 days from now, it's the closest i've been this whole pregnancy!

hhahaha!

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#7 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 07:31 AM

I've lost that plug on a Monday and DD wasn't born until Sunday, with DS it came out on Thursday and he was born Monday night, so it could be real contractions you're feeling or just BH. Either way, it won't be long now!

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)
#8 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 08:44 AM

It is exciting! you're getting close!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#9 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 10:10 AM

YAY AMBER! I lost mine yesterday morning, still having more mucousy show. I am not very dialated, or wasn't yesterday, but 1 CM is something!

Good luck mama!
#10 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Yay,with Annie I started having real bloody show fter my water broke but along with it came painless(bh)contrax she was born that day

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#11 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 AM

How exciting! I've only had bloody show once and I went into labor a little less than 24 hours after. Get some rest while you still can in case this is it!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Wow, how amazing! I'm so excited for you!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#13 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yah, it must be exciting to get some pre-labor signals! With ds he never dropped and I didn't have any bloody show until I was nearly pushing! There were no signals at all until my contractions started..

Good luck!:

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#14 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!!
Im still of the firm belief that he's not coming til August.
I am pretty sure he's dropped and probably fully engaged now (instead of the -1 of last mondays visit) as i'm peeing alot more frequently (can set my watch per hour) and having very frequent BMs...(all day yesterday, TMI here, but it kinda hurts to sit down with amount of wiping hahahahha)
Had some pretty good contractions during the night, but nothing really to report aside from that!

Just taking it easy and eating and drinking. I really don't feel any rush. DH spent the day nesting yesterday ( I still have no energy ) and cleaned the house, and started preparing food (thank god for chef husbands)

I still think im the only person in our family who DOESNT think this is it. hahahahah

#15 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 03:06 PM

Exciting! How many weeks are you, 38? Sounds like nice gradual persistent progress! Very exciting. Also sounds like you are in a fantastic state of mind about it.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#16 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

39 weeks today!

#17 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, WAY more mucus now. Still dark brown. Now it's coming out in big clumps. I had to manually pull some out because it was just kinda stuck... Made me dry heave. hahahah I know it's a beautiful thing and all, but GEEZ its gross. hahahaha
Also, Its VERY warm in my pelvis now. When I walk definite pressure/pinching on my cervix and it's not from baby moving around...
Had a couple strong contractions today that were hard as a rock, but the last one was about an hour ago.

This kid better not prove me wrong. hahaha

#18 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
Okay, WAY more mucus now. Still dark brown. Now it's coming out in big clumps. I had to manually pull some out because it was just kinda stuck... Made me dry heave. hahahah I know it's a beautiful thing and all, but GEEZ its gross. hahahaha
Also, Its VERY warm in my pelvis now. When I walk definite pressure/pinching on my cervix and it's not from baby moving around...
Had a couple strong contractions today that were hard as a rock, but the last one was about an hour ago.

This kid better not prove me wrong. hahaha
Ooooh! I hope this is it for you.

labor to you
#19 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 04:30 PM

How exciting for you either way! I agree no matter what this is the closest to having your baby in your arms you have been this whole pregnancy. Happy thoughts to you :

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#20 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

When i sit on the toilet, my perineum is puffing out, and super hard. A GF told me its probably babys head.. Are they really that low when theyre engaged? WOW!

Still not thinking im in labor.. but that horny/warm feeling Im getting was just described to me as dilation.
Is it possible to just not have much pain? Without the prescence of pain I feel like im really not in labor. so until i have some, Im certain im just gearing up! And when those contractions start Ill let you guys know!

#21 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Hmmm. I'm not experienced, but there are women who don't get that much pain up front. I think it would be worth calling your practioner if you haven't yet. But that's just my thought...

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#22 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

I called him yesterday upon the initial bloody show..
He told me it was great progress, but until contractions were 5 min apart, we arent in an emergency situation yet. hhaha

So, I'm just waitin it out. Gonna nap and eat, and get some good movie watchin in!

My nipples feel really sore which is strange, but im thinking unrelated.

#23 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Sounds like early labor to ME!!!! It is possible to have not much that you would describe as pain, absolutely!!!

#24 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Have you considered checking your own cervix?

#25 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 PM

Even if you are in labor (I still think probably ), the movie and relaxing is perfect! I can't believe my toddler is still napping. I should be doing the same!

#26 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykaoss View Post
Have you considered checking your own cervix?
I second this. It's very easy!

-Tangy
Mama to Jon (14), Josh (12), Jack (5), Jamison (3), and Jocelyn (9 months)
#27 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Yep, IF you can reach, that is.....that's the only hard part for me!

#28 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wouldn't it be nice to have a really easy painless labor, or even an orgasmic birth. Hoping the best for you!!!:
#29 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

I hadnt really thought of it no... Isnt it best to keep our hands out?? I dont really know what im looking for. but I do know I can reach it. I felt it a couple days ago in the bath, soft!!!

#30 of 75 Old 07-25-2009, 08:42 PM

It is best to keep hands out. Totally. The only reason I ask is because of your bulging perineum comment. Most likely that is normal from the pressure of heavy baby and you being so close to the end, but if it continues and continues and you're wondering about painless labor, the bulging COULD be baby's head which is why I asked....

Go with your instincts, mama, it is best to not try to fix what isn't broken, right?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page