Almost August Weekly Thread 7/27-8/2 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Ok seriously, is our entire DDC due in early August, or what? It's barely the 2nd and I feel like at least half of us have babies already. Doesn't anyone EVER go late like me?

I am looking at probably weeks of this. WEEKS!

Gah. I told myself I would not get impatient and twitchy at the end.

I lied.
Right there with you. The last time I was pregnant, I had 3 friends all with due dates after me and they all had their babies a full week before I went into labor (1wk+3 after my due date). I wanted to be happy for them, but really it just felt like I was going to be pregnant forever.
#92 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceili View Post
Right there with you. The last time I was pregnant, I had 3 friends all with due dates after me and they all had their babies a full week before I went into labor (1wk+3 after my due date). I wanted to be happy for them, but really it just felt like I was going to be pregnant forever.
Hehe. I used to joke with one of my friends last time that I was going to be pregnant forever, so she was going to have to make me a mumu becuase nothing else would fit. I asked for an Amy Butler print
#93 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Ok seriously, is our entire DDC due in early August, or what? It's barely the 2nd and I feel like at least half of us have babies already. Doesn't anyone EVER go late like me?

I am looking at probably weeks of this. WEEKS!

Gah. I told myself I would not get impatient and twitchy at the end.

I lied.
I'm not due until the 23rd, and my wishful thinking of going early is quickly dissolving. Damn. Why can't I go early and have someone who actually likes to be pregnant go later in my place???

I think this is all one big lesson on patience. But really, I know I don't have it or want it, so let's get this baby out already! Lol.

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#94 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 PM

I get impatient and then next day ok, I feel my previous babies are messing w/ me. My singles were 37, 38 6 and then 39's. So I figure 39 weeks. I am 36 weeks today. I am starting to obcess over feelings, am I wetter, will this strong BH pattern turn into baby day. Ugh.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#95 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Wow, so many more babies in our DDC. Is anyone left? I started some RRL tea every day but I'm unsure of starting EPO - anyone else start at 37 weeks? I alternate between wanting to give labor a gentle nudge and remembering "oh yeah, this is gonna hurt" I'm trying to remind myself that something like EPO isn't gonna trigger labor on its own but I have lots of pretty regular BHs sometimes so I know that a gentle nudge may do it for me. What to do, what to do?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#96 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Wow, so many more babies in our DDC. Is anyone left? I started some RRL tea every day but I'm unsure of starting EPO - anyone else start at 37 weeks? I alternate between wanting to give labor a gentle nudge and remembering "oh yeah, this is gonna hurt" I'm trying to remind myself that something like EPO isn't gonna trigger labor on its own but I have lots of pretty regular BHs sometimes so I know that a gentle nudge may do it for me. What to do, what to do?
EPO is traditionally started around 36-37 weeks. It won't put you into labor unless you were basically ready to go anyway. I believe semen actually has more prostaglandins. So go ahead and start it. And thanks for reminding me, I need to get some. And brew myself some red raspberry leaf tea.
#97 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM

I have always started epo at 37, but I think this time I will do 36, plus be intimate w/ dh

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#98 of 103 Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Good to read about everyone's doings. I am still pregnant, spending most of my time knitting and shoveling Tums down my throat.

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
#99 of 103 Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Friday is supposed to be the day, but I am perfectly willing to go sooner!!! My OB wants to induce within a week after my "due date" (they have the date as the 8th rather than my calculation of the 7th). She said that she would do it as soon as the 10th. I suspect her first line of attack would be pitocin, which I would like to avoid. I'll find out at our next appointment on Thursday, when I also need to pick a date for possible induction. I think it will be the 13th, as that is a lucky number/date for me. It is also the day before the last day I think she will allow me to go, which gives us time to try to work it out naturally. Hopefully I won't even have to worry about all that. I'm hoping for a baby by the full moon!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#100 of 103 Old 08-04-2009, 10:27 PM

I haven't kept up with this thread at all this past week! Yikes! Tons of people havin' babes, and i'm still here waiting. Due the 15th, but think babe might come sooner. These hemorrhoids are kicking my butt. Ha ha.

My midwife did a cervical check today and said things are moving along, and considering the state of my tushie, suggested trying a few things to encourage things along a bit more.

She suggested EPO, but honestly I'm not sure how much or how to take it. Never have before, and I forgot to ask! So I had dh pick up some capsules tonight. How much do you take? And if you do it vaginally, um...how???

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#101 of 103 Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
I haven't kept up with this thread at all this past week! Yikes! Tons of people havin' babes, and i'm still here waiting. Due the 15th, but think babe might come sooner. These hemorrhoids are kicking my butt. Ha ha.

My midwife did a cervical check today and said things are moving along, and considering the state of my tushie, suggested trying a few things to encourage things along a bit more.

She suggested EPO, but honestly I'm not sure how much or how to take it. Never have before, and I forgot to ask! So I had dh pick up some capsules tonight. How much do you take? And if you do it vaginally, um...how???

I asked the same EPO questions and my midwife told me to use the 500mg capsules. I've been "cheating" a bit and taking one orally in the morning and one vaginally at night. It seems like it leaks a bit less since I'm laying down as it melts. Just insert the capsule with your finger. I try to get it as close to my cervix as possible but I don't think it really matters too much. The gelcap will all dissolve. According to the bottle the actual recommended dose is 1500mg so I'm not worried about cheating too much!
#102 of 103 Old 08-04-2009, 11:38 PM

EPO, I take a 1000mg by mouth and 2000mg vaginally. I poke each one before putting in at bedtime.

#103 of 103 Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Oooh, I get to start taking EPO in two days! (when I am term at 37 weeks)

Things are getting close. I occilate between freaking out about the pain of childbirth and trying to talk myself into thinking about it in a better way. Any advice/suggestions on how not to worry or how to deal with the worry?

So, seriously, when I have to go to the bathroom really bad, I think to myself if that is painful how will I handle the birth? it is similar pressure.

On a happy note, I am getting less stressed out. This is my last week of shooting. We went to the dessert this weekend for a wedding (which I shot) and we hired someone to come clean the day we got back. She is coming in three hours a day and it is making ALL the difference. I am so happy we did it.

It came at the right time, too. Dh HAD to schedule a huge certification exam for next Wed. He is freaking out about studying and can't really help around the house. Bad time, but it will increase his salary by 50% so he HAS to take it. We have no choice.

I had two boudoir shoots today-my friend got a kick out of picturing me so pregnant in a bedroom posing mostly naked women, lol. It was fun, though, for sure.

Tomorrow I have a maternity shoot in the morning-finally I will be more pregnant than the woman I am photograhing! I hope I make her feel skinny

Then, I just have a couple more baby shoots, and after this weekend I will be not working so much-just trying to edit all these photos before the baby comes.

I can't believe I will have a baby so soon! Things are way too crazy right now, I can't wait to just chill and snuggle her for two months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page