* pick a pediatrician (I have a meeting with one tomorrow)
* tour the maternity ward at the hospital (I have an appointment for that tomorrow).
* pack my bag LOL
* pack bags for my two kids in case MIL needs to watch them at her house overnight
* finish organizing the baby's clothes
* clean my house so that when MIL takes care of my older children it isn't a mess
* clean my office, which has become a bizarre pack rat-like nest
* have DH record the Rainbow Relaxation script so I can listen to it
* listen to more Hypnobirthing scripts
* upload all my music onto the laptop and music player for labor
* get more protein-filled foods to labor at home, and energy bars to take to the hospital
Now, most of that is NOT urgent. But if I can get all that done tomorrow (and I could...), then the decks are cleared and labor can start! I wish it were that simple
What about you? What remains on your list?
- Buy Diapers (tomorrow)
- reach 37 weeks (8/7/09)
What I need to do before I can be considered competently ready:
- Plan, cook, freeze foods for post partum.
- Buy homebirth kit
- Buy postpartum stuff (ice packs, chux pads. . .)
- Finish setting up our cosleeping arrangements.
- make sheets for the babe
- Finish the moby
- make a changing pad
- make covers for the changing pad
- Wash, organize, put away diapers
- Buy nursing bra, pads
- Buy a rocking chair (somehow I cannot even imagine having a baby w/out one)
- Get settled in the new place
- Train the person covering me at work
- make burp cloths (gotta have some cute ones for out in public!)
I guess maybe I should be working instead of playing on here!
Wrap up big sister goodies/presents
Make telephone/contact list for DH
Wash DD's school uniforms
Finish packing suitcase and put in car
Figure out a way to transform the playroom into a guest room
Make a list of reminders for DH or mom (ie let the dog out, etc)
Dryclean comforter for our bed
Thats all I have for now... Seems like every weeks that passes I'm less nervous and more excited!! Or maybe just more uncomfortable? haha
Seeing all of these baby announcements is crazY!!!!!!
* get some pregnancy photos since I basically have none
* add a few last minute things to our bags
* finish cleaning the mess that has been created by redoing two rooms in our house
* finish trimming the lose bits from all the washclothes and wipes I made
* finish the mural in the nursery
* finish organizing baby stuff
* wash car seat cover (in wash now) and install the car seats in both cars
* make some nursing pads
* finish making cloth blocks
Basically a lot of little things and some big stuff!
hmmm... I started packing my bag last night but am not done.
We need to meet with a doula and hire her (hopefully later this week or early next week)
My mom wants to get us a glider, but eh.. not really that important
I'm going to make a pan of enchiladas. After that we'll have a week+ worth of frozen meals, not sure how much I can fit in our freezer and still have room for every day food
I need to finish writing out my birth plan
I need the changing pad to arrive so I can install it, and need to get covers for it.
I'd really like to deep clean but I don't think I'll have the energy for that.
the actual boppy
post partum pads
a few baby t shirts
some more prefolds, covers, wool wash, and some cloth wipes
I'd like to organize/clean out the kids room, but it is not a big whoop if that never gets done. I did a ton of nesting the other day (well, ok, I directed my husband to do a ton of nesting because I am totally out of commission), so most of the closets were already cleaned out and organized.
And at some point I have to inflate my birth pool and let the thing off gas. That is it. I'm not due until August 21st though, so I'm not too worried.
~ Wash newborn diapers
~ install car seat
~ Clean my office, which has pretty much remained a bizarre pack rat-like nest
~ Clean the fridge
~ Switch myself over to a different health plan, because our new ped doesn't accept the one I'm on, which will be the one baby will be on.
~ Make at least a couple of more meals and freeze them
~ Learn how to use the baby k'tan that just came in the mail today.
~ And I suppose I should clean a couple of dingy walls...but that's definitely of least importance.
Mia, married to my since 2006, mama to D (5/06) and M (8/09).
- buy a shower curtain for the sofa, plus some sheets to go over it
- get my bed set up with sheets and chux pads incase my waters go in bed, BTDT dont want that again
- get some more towels,i just dont think i have enought.
- sort out all my nappies again.
- give my room a tidy
- get the moses basket out, wash the sheets, get it made up
- give the rest of house a clean, again
- find out when MW is doing home visit and get birth kit
Some more maternity photos
A test print of the birth announcements we designed
Returning the last few duplicate gifts we got
Make one more lasagna to freeze
Set up our night-time EC "area" on my side of the bed
Pick up a couple more nursing tanks and lounge pants
Buy a bottle of Chambord to have on hand to make the torte (labor project)
Lisa married to B WAHM to C (08.09)
make pp pads to freeze
trial set-up of pool
wash linens/towels on list for homebirth
but mostly I am trying to spend a lot of time w/ ds and enjoy our last bit w/ him as an only child.
Wash the boppy cover?
I think that's really it. I've been reading for the last several months, lol.
Oh...but we are having a problem finding a connector for the waterbirth pool hose...nothing we've bought is connecting correctly to the bathroom sink. We apparently have an unusual faucet or something. I'm worried we won't find one and I will have just bought a birth pool for nothing (and I won't get the waterbirth I want). I so HATE going to Home Depot and Lowe's though...another trip in there will surely set me over the edge.
Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-I spose I should put the pads on my bed in case my water breaks
-buy or make nursing pads
-finish laundry room project
-have birthday party for DD2
-buy school supplies for both DD's
-enroll kids in school
-check out DD's clothes and see if I need to get them anything for school (shoes, jeans, etc...)
-clean, clean, clean
-finish washing babes clothes
-clean out babes room
Hmm...BUT, I have a month so...
- Wash baby clothes and diapers
- Buy more diapers
- Figure out what EC supplies we need and get them
- Buy baby toiletries and first aid supplies
- Get cloth PP pads and other PP supplies
- Freeze more meals (so far we've only done one!)
- Make grocery list/menu for first several weeks
- Go meet the ped I picked and make sure she's as good as she seems
- Finish unpacking office and guest room
- Move big dresser into our room and make room in it for baby supplies
- Trial run of birthing pool
- Figure out where baby will rest away from the dog and cat (hammock or pack-n-play?) when we're not holding it
- Take calculus final and GRE
- Do everything I can to get enough sleep before the babe comes
I feel a bit overwhelmed! My due date is 8/26, and I'm hoping I'll go overdue...
Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.
I really am ready. Everything important is done and we're just in-waiting at this point.
Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)
We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.
*Set up our spare bedroom to be a birthing room. We've already removed the bed, but I want to make it more cozzy and personal.
*Figure out a way to shorten a baby mattress to fit into my custom sized cradle
*Make another small Mei Tai that will fit an infant
*Clean my house (although it's pretty clean)
*Get a baby swing (I've been waiting for a good deal)
*Get a glider (been looking on Craigslist)
I'm sure there are other things that I could do, but nothing is really that important. I already have all the clothing washed and we're just waiting for our custom co-sleeper bedding to come in the mail (from MIL). The babies are coming FAST now, we'll all have ours before we know it! ::
Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
I only have a few minor things left.
* Inflate birth pool to check for holes, and make sure we have the right faucet adapters to fill it (we'll be doing that tonight when DH gets home
* Install car seat (we're having a home birth so we could have the baby first, but it is currently sitting in the floorboard of the truck because DH took it out of his car to have it detailed)
(the seat is convertible, so it was in the car FF for DS and will go into the truck RF for new baby)
* Prepare and freeze a few more meals (have 3 in the freezer now, and two more will be going in today -after that any others are just icing on the cake)
* Get labor food for my attendants
* Finish cleaning my house (mostly done because we have company this week) so we can labor without clutter, and relax in peace once Babe arrives (small house)
*Discuss birth plan with MW, doula and DH to make any last minute changes (tomorrow!)
Birth kit is ready, clothes are cleaned and organized, we (finally) have a plan for what to do with DS during labor, the co-sleeper is easy to get to and set up, (and the bedroom is too small to have it up during the labor so we'll have to set it up afterwards anyway)
The only other big thing is to buy our diapers. But we use cloth, and won't be buying new ones until we see how big the babe is (DS was 10 lbs and skipped the smalls completely) so we have paper ready and waiting with the birth kit.
So, basically, after tomorrow I'm totally ready! I won't feel easy until we try out the birth tub, but I'm pretty sure that if I were to go into labor today (which won't be happening - I expect to go over like with DS) I wouldn't sweat it.
Jay-my precious boy 2/20/08 & Caroline-my beautiful HBAC baby 8/22/09 :
I could get my DIY stretchy wrap cut down some. I made it wider than I think will be comfy. But no biggie if it doesn't get done.
I would love to get the OS fitteds ordered that I wanted, but I've given up for now. They'll be most useful in a few months anyway.
I have a short list of what to do once labor starts:
mix up wipe formula (needs to be redone every couple of days to a week, so no use having it mixed up before hand)
pack my pillow
make sure all snacks are packed for birth center
brew RRL tea to take
shampoo the carpet (I know this isn't necessary but it's at the top of the list...)
Why did i bother? did it all again today but i've invited them all back round next week
|42 members and 17,862 guests|
|beedub , bethanco04 , cloa513 , exspeedite49 , floss&ferd , girlspn , hagansauto5 , hillymum , hungarydental , iryna.prokh , jcdfarmer , Jessica765 , Kartik Sharma , kathymuggle , Katica , KatieRa , KellySki , lauren , LibraSun , MadeleineAtchley , manyhatsmom , MeanVeggie , Mody , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , oaksie68 , perserra32 , prayingforpeace , rahulkumar123 , RollerCoasterMama , samaxtics , SchoolmarmDE , serenbat , shantimama , Shmootzi , Socks , Springshowers , stephalittle , SweetSilver|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|