So... opinions, is this labor??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, as you all probably know by now, I've ben having false frigging labor for 2 weeks now. TWO FREAKING WEEKS! And, so, as a result... I'm sick of being pregnant. And very, very... oh just unbelieving.

SO, I've been having contractions since 8:00ish (as usual), but over the past 30-45 mins, they've become fairly regular (5 mins apart, now closer to 3.5-4) and seem to be pretty long (60-90 seconds), and definetly painful. But... I just don't believe it. They FEEL real... but they've felt like this before... and I just... I just don't know!! Opinions? WWYD???

ETA: Oh, and walkings not much of an option (tis dark, we're in the country, i dont want to fall), nor is taking a hot bath (we're out of water, or were a bit ago, and I have zero desire to run out of water halfway through...)...
#2 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 AM

I don't know Mama, but I hope it is if you want it to be!

I would try a glass of wine and some sleep. If its the real thing then it'll keep going.
#3 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 AM

If you lay down and try to sleep, the contractions might go away. That's what mine do. I know it's frustrating!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#4 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 AM

Rooting for you!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#5 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

bah! I went upstairs and laid down, and of course they went away. stupid frigging false labor. I am *SO* Sick of it.
#6 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
stupid frigging false labor. I am *SO* Sick of it.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#7 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 AM

I've been doing lots of prelabor for the last couple weeks too. Lying in bed in the early morning hours of the 29th I was so certain it was labor that I woke up DH briefly just to tell him "Today is Lyra's birthday." Apparently she has other plans. I had lots of prelabor with DD#1 too. It is quite frustrating.

FWIW, once I was really in labor with DD#1, I KNEW I was in labor and the whole labor itself went very quickly. I'm hoping this time is similar.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#8 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM

I am in a similar boat and keep having "false labor" whole nights of sleep lost to contractions lasting 1 min, 3-5 min apart and every thing. Sunday Night I went through it again... and I hate feeling Silly... My big test is can I fall asleep and stay asleep and are they there when I wake up.... one time they past that test so I climbed in a warm tub... and half and hour after tub I realized they had totally pettered out.

It's like the universe is sending me a test... how does she feel having no control...can she handle NO CONTROL...

I am atleast trying to not think of it as false labor... every contraction has a purpose - even if it is head games and surrender. Maybe that's just me.... my latest wondering is maybe these sessions... which are more powerful each time, maybe they are testing out my scar tissue from previous csec and then giving my body a day to assess and repair.... now imagining it like that I actually feel like my body isn't failing me... I just don't necessarily understand.

also I discontinued cervical checks 'cause they friggin messed with my head.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#9 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM

I'm with you.. it sucks. I've had on and off false labor for a week now. It keeps me up at night, it makes me puke, it makes me SORE... and it produces NOTHING.

It just SUCKS. I've done the whole two weeks late thing before, and it was fine, because I felt OK up to the end. I can't spend another two weeks in this state of hell, though!!!

And I was booked for a stretch and sweep today but my midwife cancelled on me, and then informed me that if I go into labor in the next 24 hours, I'm basically screwed because they already have two moms in labor.

If I ever do this again (and right now, I'm NOT planning on it!!!), I'm either going to go unassisted or just deal with an OB.

Friggin' late pregnancy. Humph.

BTW, I'm 39 weeks, 5 days. And it's a full moon.:
#10 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM

I was also in false labor 2 weeks prior...my cervix started dilating, and I was having contractions then all of a sudden they would stop. When the real thing finally came I had 2 contractions 13min apart, then the next one was 2min later. After that they were every 1-2min apart.

As this was my first baby and things were not by the book I didn't know what to do either LOL I feel so stupid now about it but we ended up calling Health Link for advice and they sent an ambulance :
#11 of 11 Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

Could be labor. I'm going to venture a guess that it was becuase you haven't updated since yesterday

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page